Style
    Bartitsu

Antagonisticathlon 2 with the Bartitsu Club of Chicago

The Bartitsu Club of Chicago ran its second Antagonisticathlon martial arts obstacle course on Sunday, July 15.

Because the BCC doesn't have a grading or ranking system, the Antagonisticathlon offers a fun, challenging way to test Bartitsu skill development and fitness. Participants represent Victorian-era adventurers running a gauntlet of hooligans and assassins in the mean streets of London.

The third Antagonisticathlon will be held as part of the Bartitsu School of Arms two-day seminar in September.

Style
    Hung Gar
    Wow. That looks incredibly fun. How hard would you say those cane-fighters are sparring during the cane parts?

Style
    Bartitsu
    About a five on a scale of one to ten, given the level of protective gear and general experience level of the Antagonisticathletes. The "hooligans" are role-played by Forteza instructors who use their best judgment per run on how hard/fast to go, how much active resistance to offer, etc.

Style
    Hung Gar
    You developed this course yourself? Thats pretty awesome. You're missing one thing though in my opinion....

Seriously though, I hope I end up in the windy city someday so that I can check out the gym.

Style
    Bartitsu
    Quote Originally Posted by lordbd View Post
    You developed this course yourself? Thats pretty awesome. You're missing one thing though in my opinion....

Seriously though, I hope I end up in the windy city someday so that I can check out the gym.
    Funny you should mention that ...

Style
    Hung Gar
    Quote Originally Posted by DdlR View Post
    Funny you should mention that ...

I dont understand why there is no bartitsu in Richmond, VA. Everyone is a hipster with a 'stache and a bicycle, they would eat this stuff up. (done derailing your thread)