Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Style
    JJJ/Kenpo
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Jeet Kune Do for a Guelph Uni student ?

Hey guys, as you can see I'm clearly new here and well I've tried using the search function to aid me in my... investigation, but I'm **** outta luck. SO, what i was wondering is if anyone knows of Jeet Kune Do or a similar martial art in Guelph, preferably near the university campus.

Thanks for your time its greatly appreciated :)

Style
    FMA
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Welcome to bullshido! Where is Guelph?

Style
    TKD, CMA & American Kenpo
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Welcome to Bullshido.

I thought I spelled it wrong, but as I said I'm a mechanic not an English professor.

Style
    Siling Labuyo Arnis
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by jspeedy View Post
    Welcome to bullshido! Where is Guelph?
    Ontario, Canada

Style
    Siling Labuyo Arnis
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Giugs View Post
    Hey guys, as you can see I'm clearly new here and well I've tried using the search function to aid me in my... investigation, but I'm **** outta luck. SO, what i was wondering is if anyone knows of Jeet Kune Do or a similar martial art in Guelph, preferably near the university campus.

Thanks for your time its greatly appreciated :)
    I don't have any contacts in Guelph, but I'll ask around - friend of a friend - and maybe we can find you something.

Welcome to Bullshido.

Style
    JKD
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Go to Jerry Poteets web page and look up instructors. These are all 2nd Gen. instructors. You cant lose with any of them!

Style
    Siling Labuyo Arnis
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cleon View Post
    Go to Jerry Poteets web page and look up instructors. These are all 2nd Gen. instructors. You cant lose with any of them!
    Other than flying the flag for Jerry Poteet, are you going to do something useful? There's not a single instructor listed anywhere near Guelph.

To the OP - you might try contacting these guys (www.kwjkd.com) in Kitchener-Waterloo and see if they know anybody. I've also sent out some messages to people I know, and hopefully something will turn up.

Style
    JKD
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Sorry, I am not up on Canadian geography. As far as I know any one of the instructors in the areas listed may be close enough.
    The reason I "fly the flag" for Jerry Poteet is that I found that is that his instructors are the only ones teaching it exactly as Bruce Lee did.
    I have experience with the typical karate schools as well as a "JKD" school based in Paul Vunak (who learned under Dan Inosanto).
    While the Vunak "JKD" is worlds better than most any other martial art school it is not JKD, it is MMA. MMA and JKD are not the same. I found, under the Paul Vunak teaching all the things Bruce Lee removed were put back in. Wide looping punches, wasteful movements and very little direct attacks were taught. Most of what was taught could be learned at any MMA gym but again is not JKD.
    The best way to understand what I mean is to experience both "camps". I am in no way putting down Paul Vunak teachings, I enjoyed it a lot but it is not what Bruce Lee was teaching.

Style
    boxing
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    jesus fucking christ, you did not just do that.

to the OP, welcome to bullshido!

Style
    xingyi
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cleon View Post
    Sorry, I am not up on Canadian geography.
    The guy who just responded is and he basically told you to kindly stop talking. You didn't and went on a rant about MMA, JKD, and PV.

Oh and let me guess you were there at the inception and witnessed what he removed?No one teaches what Bruce Lee did because he died before his art was fully realized.

The End.

Page 1 of 2 12 Last