Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: Hello Bullshido

Style
    BJJ
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Hello Bullshido

Hello all. Been lurking around here for a while now, figured now was as good a time as any to finally post an introduction. Gotta deal with the insomnia somehow.

A little background on me, my MA experience is extremely limited. Been practicing BJJ exclusively for 2 years now, I am a white belt and a very slow learner, and so far Jiu Jitsu has been my first and only MA love. With some newfound free time on my hands, I'm looking to change this.

Currently in the process of changing dojos, loved my old one but my instructor moved away, so I'm feeling out the other gyms in town. So I won't be posting a school review until I've made my decision and settled in. Right now I've been dropping in at a gym that incorporates quite a bit more Judo into their practice than I'm used to, and I've been loving it, so I'm going to be checking out the local Judo club too and seeing if that'd be something I'm interested in. No such thing as too much grappling.

Anyways, I don't claim to have any extensive wisdom to pass onto you guys, my cup is empty and I use these forums to learn, so you won't be hearing from me too much. Just thought I'd put a stop to this "hippie lurker" namecallin bull.
    :ChallengeAccepted:

Style
    BJJ+Sanda
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Moar grapplenewbz!
    "Systema, which means, 'the system'..."

Quote Originally Posted by strikistanian View Post
    DROP SEIONAGI ************! Except I don't know Judo, so it doesn't work, and he takes my back.
    Quote Originally Posted by Devil
    Why is it so goddamn hard to find a video of it? I've seen videos I'm pretty sure are alien spacecraft. But still no good Krav.
    Quote Originally Posted by Plasma
    At the point, I must act! You see my rashguard saids "Jiu Jitsu vs The World" and "The World" was standing in front me teaching Anti-Grappling in a school I help run.
    [quote=SoulMechanic]Thank you, not dying really rewarding in more ways than I can express.[/[quote]

Style
    TKD, CMA & American Kenpo
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Welcome to Bullshido.

I thought I spelled it wrong, but as I said I'm a mechanic not an English professor.

Style
    Hung Gar
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    2 years is a pretty good run. Are you gonna stick with BJJ?

Style
    BJJ
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ermghoti View Post
    Moar grapplenewbz!
    Damn right. Grapplenewb for life.

Quote Originally Posted by lordbd View Post
    2 years is a pretty good run. Are you gonna stick with BJJ?
    BJJ saved my life (I'm a recovering addict, trying to replace the crank with neck cranks) and frankly I just love it. I can't imagine stopping, I'd just like to start adding other MA's to my arsenal now.

Style
    Hung Gar
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Congrats on kicking the crank

Style
    BJJ, wrestling
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Welcome to Bullshido.

It's nice to hear about sports helping people recover from addictions.
    Shut the hell up and train.

Style
    judo hiatus
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Welcome to the site.

Few things are more evil than the old meth. Congratulations on your new addiction.

Style
    BJJ+Sanda
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by lordbd View Post
    Congrats on kicking the crank
    Super +1. That's a hard road to take.
    "Systema, which means, 'the system'..."

Quote Originally Posted by strikistanian View Post
    DROP SEIONAGI ************! Except I don't know Judo, so it doesn't work, and he takes my back.
    Quote Originally Posted by Devil
    Why is it so goddamn hard to find a video of it? I've seen videos I'm pretty sure are alien spacecraft. But still no good Krav.
    Quote Originally Posted by Plasma
    At the point, I must act! You see my rashguard saids "Jiu Jitsu vs The World" and "The World" was standing in front me teaching Anti-Grappling in a school I help run.
    [quote=SoulMechanic]Thank you, not dying really rewarding in more ways than I can express.[/[quote]

Style
    BJJ
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thank you all very much for the welcome.

I'm still in the "every day's an uphill battle" phase, but BJJ practice has been better than even NA meetings, there for me to keep my hands idle and clear my mind whenever I need it. I can't praise the sport or recommend it enough for someone looking for something to do that they can feel good about.

Welcome to the site.

Few things are more evil than the old meth. Congratulations on your new addiction.
    I wonder if you have any idea how true that is, my friend! Rolling literally has become my new addiction, I'm up to 5 days a week, at least one practice those days, and on weekends I'm still itching to slip on the gi and go at it. If I could turn anything into my "new meth", I'm glad it could be MAs.

Page 1 of 2 12 Last