Page 3 of 3 First 123

And also, BIG thanks to the Bullshido Bullies here for this website. Being completely new to MA, I had NO idea what to look for and what to avoid in my search for a program. Ive scraped MANY threads in my short time here and I've read A LOT! The information here and the investigations published here helped me A LOT in my search for a good program with good people.

THANK YOU BULLIES for making the ingformation here freely available!

Style
    BJJ
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogger View Post
    I do long slow distance stuff every morning with my dog, and either sled sprints or kettlebell work on squat/deadlift days for conditioning. My conditioning is pretty good but one of the points that the group drove home to me last night was: "you want to stay tight but you don't want to waste energy going all out trying to get the guy off of you." and that makes sense. I'm a strong dude but the leverage these guys were getting was making them feel like they weighed a damn half ton, at times. Learn the techniques and when to use them and don't try to brute force the opponent right now, you'll only wear yourself out. It was a great first lesson. :-)
    Yeah I hear ya...Plus the lighter guys are quick and flexible like gumby. I trained bjj years ago and getting back into it is one of the best things I've done for myself. I have been hitting the gym hard for the past year, but bjj requires a different type of wind....it's gonna get me down to single digit body fat%

You are absolutely right about the strength thing, I'm definitely stronger but a 175 lb dude can feel like a 300 pound barbell on your chest with the right leverage.

Style
    BJJ
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogger View Post
    And also, BIG thanks to the Bullshido Bullies here for this website. Being completely new to MA, I had NO idea what to look for and what to avoid in my search for a program. Ive scraped MANY threads in my short time here and I've read A LOT! The information here and the investigations published here helped me A LOT in my search for a good program with good people.

THANK YOU BULLIES for making the ingformation here freely available!

megadittos.

Quote Originally Posted by RhinoUP View Post
    ...but a 175 lb dude can feel like a 300 pound barbell on your chest with the right leverage.
    Hopefully I can get good enough at this so that my blocky 220 pounds feels like a Ford F350 rolling over somebody LOL

Page 3 of 3 First 123