Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: Beds and sleep

Style
    BJJ/ MMA/ MT

Beds and sleep

I have been looking to invest in mattress, memory foam or more advanced technology. At the moment, due to temporary status, I have been sleeping on a blow up mattress and because I'm training again it is causing my back to spasm at around 5am in the morning.

I want a good night's sleep, I once stayed on a memory foam mattress that had me not only waking up feeling more refreshed than I ever have felt after a sleep, but it also seemed to fix a problem I had with my ankle. That's where I am aiming.

Just wanted to get a few opinions, but also to see what y'all sleep on. In my youth I wouldn't care where I slept and this probably didn't help my back at all, especially given the size I once was.

As we all know sleep is important, but so is money and at the moment the investment in a good bed is extremely large, so I am kind of fishing for everyone to say "spend the dollars, bro" so I feel better about shelling out a sizeable chunk of my fucking salary.
    GET A RED BELT OR DIE TRYIN'.
    Quote Originally Posted by Devil View Post
    I think Battlefields and I had a spirited discussion once about who was the biggest narcissist. We both wanted the title but at the end of the day I had to concede defeat. Can't win 'em all.
    Quote Originally Posted by BackFistMonkey View Post
    I <3 Battlefields...

Style
    street paddleboarding
    Spend the dollars, bro. My rich Afghani finer-things-in-life consultant recommends the Tempurpedic.

Style
    Hung Gar
    Back problems? Spend the fookin' dollas bro. If you can't afford a whole memory foam mattress, a woman I know has a 4" memory foam mattress topper and her bed is amazingly comfortable.

http://www.overstock.com/Bedding-Bat...9/product.html

Style
    running scared
    Quote Originally Posted by battlefields View Post
    around 5am in the morning.
    [RANT] First, it is redundant to say a.m. and morning together. Just say one or the other [/RANT]

Just wanted to get a few opinions, but also to see what y'all sleep on.
    I sleep on a memory foam mattress (not temurpedic, but a competitor). It cost half the tempurpedic, but works just as well in my opinion. It is worth the extra money. I have had it for a few years now and really enjoy it. Get the best sleep I have ever had. When I stay in a hotel when traveling and sleep on a regular bed, it just does not feel right.

Style
    BJJ/ MMA/ MT
    Quote Originally Posted by BoonDog View Post
    [RANT] First, it is redundant to say a.m. and morning together. Just say one or the other [/RANT]

Your right. Its to early and I bin up for ours.

Anyone able to comment on this? Fucking cheap and awesome if it's good.
    http://www.ergoflex.com.au/memoryfoa...utm_medium=cpc
    GET A RED BELT OR DIE TRYIN'.
    Quote Originally Posted by Devil View Post
    I think Battlefields and I had a spirited discussion once about who was the biggest narcissist. We both wanted the title but at the end of the day I had to concede defeat. Can't win 'em all.
    Quote Originally Posted by BackFistMonkey View Post
    I <3 Battlefields...

Style
    Hung Gar, Choy Lay Fut
    Spend the money bro.
    I don't have a memory foam mattress, but i do have a large, higher end one.
    "Cry once" when making the bigger purchases, they will be with you for a while.

Style
    street paddleboarding

Style
    Shorin Ryu
    Spend the money brosephine.

When I bought my place I spent a couple of weeks mattress testing and it was instantly apparent that mo money = mo happy, so I dropped a wad of cash on the fucker. I got one with pocket-sprung bottom half and memory foam top half. It weighs a fucking ton. It's by far the comfiest mattress I've ever slept on and could well be my favourite possession.

http://www.sleeplandbeds.co.uk/healt...tress-kingsize

You will never regret spending money on a good mattress mate, in fact you'll be thanking yourself for years to come. Go and try as many out as you can. Take a chick with you too. *taps side of nose*

solves problems with violence supporting member
    Style
    Judo, Hung Family Boxing
    very very happy tempurpedic owner here. my wife refused to even consider the bob-o-pedic or any other knock off, so i have no idea if they are as good.

best. purchase. ever.
    "Face punches are an essential character building part of a martial art. You don't truly love your children unless you allow them to get punched in the face." - chi-conspiricy
    "When I was a little boy, I had a sailor suit, but it didn't mean I was in the Navy." - Mtripp on the subject of a 5 year old karate black belt
    "Without actual qualifications to be a Zen teacher, your instructor is just another roundeye raping Asian culture for a buck." - Errant108
    "Seriously, who gives a **** what you or Errant think? You're Asian males, everyone just ignores you, unless you're in a krotty movie." - new2bjj

Style
    Judo

Anyone able to comment on this? Fucking cheap and awesome if it's good.
    http://www.ergoflex.com.au/memoryfoa...utm_medium=cpc
    The simple solution is to purchase a normal mattress, but make sure you're fat enough that you leave a permanent outline in the mattress.

Page 1 of 2 12 Last