Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Style
    Judo
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Judo in Webster/Clear Lake TX area.

Anyone know of any Judo schools in the Clear Lake TX, Webster Area?
    I just moved here and can't find sh!t.

Style
    Kodokan Judo/BJJ
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Have you tried the Texas Judo, Inc. website or the United States Judo Association Web site?
    Falling for Judo since 1980

"You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

"The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

"Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

Style
    Kodokan Judo/BJJ
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    LOL, maybe this one?

Clear Lake Judo School
    Physical: 1611 Dakota, League City, Texas 77573
    Mailing: 10904 Scarsdale #350-311, Houston, Texas 77089
    Tel: 281-338-4668

"You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

"The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

"Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

Style
    Kodokan Judo/BJJ
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Friendswood Judo? Come on fella, there are a lot of them, unless you have to walk.

Style
    Judo
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Or perhaps this one, 15 minutes from Webster:

http://www.friendswoodjudo.com/

Although at $100/month I'd be reluctant to chose it.

Style
    Judo
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BKR View Post
    Friendswood Judo? Come on fella, there are a lot of them, unless you have to walk.
    Fools seldom differ...

Style
    Kodokan Judo/BJJ
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by judoka_uk View Post
    Fools seldom differ...
    I know the guy who runs it, he's an interesting fellow. Big on SD and Judo, MMA, etc.

Hopefully our op can find some judo in Houston, TX.

Style
    Judo
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    OK I guess I have to clarify. There are several WEBSITES and addresses up, but I can't seem to find anyone active. The Friendswood Judo moved to Pearland, I belive? Clear Lake Judo School is seems like a dead end also, I did find Champion Judo in Pasadena. Any Bullies have any info on them at all? I work in Galveston, and its a helluva commute each day so class times and such and actual distance play a factor. For those of you who aren't from Houston, mapquest or google maps will not give you the right estimated drive time. IT IS ALWAYS LONGER. That is why I was asking if anyone knew of any Judo actually in Webster TX. It appears there used to be a Clear Creek Aikido and Judo Club but that has since closed. I found a couple BJJ schools and an MMA school on NASA Rd 1, but I want JUDO not BJJ and MMA.

Style
    Judo
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ok. Anyone know anything about American Combative Systems? Very close to my house and it seems that Friendswood Judo has re-located there. I'm just wondering if anyone knows how good the instruction is. Not qualifications, but actual instructor ability. Are these guys good teachers? I've trained with some teachers before that were great martial artists, but shitty teachers.

Style
    Kodokan Judo/BJJ
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If Friendswood Judo is run by the same guy, Richard, then the level of instruction should be good. I have not heard from Richard for a while, but his level of instruction should be good enough for most people. Not sure if he is still involved or not, though.

My info could be out of date, but you should call/email or stop by the place and check it out. I checked their facebook page, no mention of Judo...

What's your level of Judo?

BTW, I understand about the drive time in the Houston area. I've been there many times to visit family and for business trips.

Page 1 of 2 12 Last