Page 6 of 6 First ... 23456

Thread: Uchi mata

Style
    FMA/SAMBO
    Quote Originally Posted by BKR View Post
    The key here is Yamashita’s point about ‘pulling down’ with the sleeve hand its incredibly important to ensure successfully completing a ken ken Uchi mata.
    Yah, I understand that it is circular. And down. It just can be a bit sudden as BKR mentioned.

You guys are correct in that when done correctly this is not a terribly dangerous throw. Maybe it was just my beginner's ineptitude with this throw in particular, but I have only injured training partners with throw. (years ago) It may just be a random anecdote, but since we are in the Basics forum, I thought it was worth mentioning.

Style
    Kodokan Judo/BJJ
    Absolutely worth mentioning, as it points out it's not a beginners version of Uchi Mata. Of course, Uchi Mata is not a beginners throw, so go figure.
    Falling for Judo since 1980

"You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

"The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

"Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

Page 6 of 6 First ... 23456