Page 3 of 3 First 123
    solves problems with violence supporting member
    Style
    Judo, Hung Family Boxing
    Quote Originally Posted by BearHammer View Post
    hmm yeah I encountered a guy with a really mildewy smellin gi last week. Thanks for the insight. I noticed in another thread that air drying the gi is common. Is there any reason not to use a dryer besides standard shrinkage?
    using a dryer wears out the gi faster, and it tends to make the gi softer (if that matters to you.)

i air dry mine.
    "Face punches are an essential character building part of a martial art. You don't truly love your children unless you allow them to get punched in the face." - chi-conspiricy
    "When I was a little boy, I had a sailor suit, but it didn't mean I was in the Navy." - Mtripp on the subject of a 5 year old karate black belt
    "Without actual qualifications to be a Zen teacher, your instructor is just another roundeye raping Asian culture for a buck." - Errant108
    "Seriously, who gives a **** what you or Errant think? You're Asian males, everyone just ignores you, unless you're in a krotty movie." - new2bjj

Style
    BJJ, wrestling
    Quote Originally Posted by BearHammer View Post
    hmm yeah I encountered a guy with a really mildewy smellin gi last week. Thanks for the insight. I noticed in another thread that air drying the gi is common. Is there any reason not to use a dryer besides standard shrinkage?
    Other than the slight increase in wear and tear that Ming mentioned, no. I dry my gi on the low heat setting. It's still slightly damp when I take it out so I hang it to finish drying.

Do not dry your gi for the first 3-6 months of use though, unless you want it to shrink.
    Shut the hell up and train.

Page 3 of 3 First 123