Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Please allow me to introduce myself....

I'm a newbie here on the forums and to the site as well. Found this site while looking for reviews on MMA schools. Last week i signed up at Evolution Combat Club in Sayville, NY, and tonight is my first class (Muay Thai). Before i signed up, i spoke to the instructor (Doug Cota) for a couple of hours, and even watched both the MT and MMA class, and decided that that was what i was looking for in a school besides not signing a long-term contract, and the monthly fee. I'm 42 and have taken Martial Art classes in the past, and even took cardio-kickboxing for 8 months, but always wanted to train in MMA. So tonight is class #1, and am excited to start training (not to be a fighter) in this great sport. See you in the forums!

Style
    Kali
    Blimey, I thought you where going to launch into "Sympathy for the Devil" with that title :)

welcome to Bullshido, you mention previous MA classes, what experience do you have?

good luck with the MMA

P

Style
    BJJ/Shidokan
    Your first line should have been "I'm a man of wealth and taste." You were so close to epic win.

Style
    Chinese Boxing
    42?!?!?!? You old fart.....

Quote Originally Posted by Pharabus View Post
    Blimey, I thought you where going to launch into "Sympathy for the Devil" with that title :)

welcome to Bullshido, you mention previous MA classes, what experience do you have?

good luck with the MMA

P
    Yeah, The Stones were my inspiration for the title!

I just have some minor experience in Karate, and did some cardio-kickboxing classes (doesn't REALLY count). I just want to take a crack at this sport that i've been following for years now, and feel i have the mindset, physical and mental ability to participate in it.........even at my age. Mind you i'm not looking to be a fighter......i just want to be in shape, and learn something that will help me as far as defending myself better than at the present moment.

Haha, on paper i might be an old fart, but sure as hell don't feel like it!

Style
    Chinese Boxing
    Quote Originally Posted by Inked624 View Post
    Haha, on paper i might be an old fart, but sure as hell don't feel like it!
    My sarcasm does read well on the internet apparantly. They're having a sale at Kmart on sarcasm meters if you need it.

Style
    BJJ
    42 is young (well, young enough anyway). Have fun, listen to your body and avoid injuries. Oh, and do not waste money on a sarcasm meter, if you are operating Windows XP there is one in your settings.

I saw the sarcasm "crystal clear", hence the "haha". :D

Style
    chinese boxing
    don't trip, Inky. Omega's only 12 years old. He's like Lion-O.

Page 1 of 2 12 Last