Page 7 of 18 First ... 3456789101117 ... Last

Style
    Aikido,Judo
    Rudy, you're just the little kid who shits his pants and claims the world stinks.

Northeast Anti-Silliness Department Inc. supporting member
    Style
    Kaju, BJJ, Judo, Kempo
    sigh.. and the world keeps spinning
    Knowing is not enough, you must apply...
    ...Willing is not enough you must do
    ~Bruce Lee

Quote Originally Posted by K?F
    Anthony was in that video being a BJJ white belt with no formal striking training
    Correct me if I am wrong, but if I recall properly, Anthony was taking privates at ATT with (a) pro fighter(s). Whether it be simply grappling privates or MMA may be germane, however training privately with a pro does bear some note.

Not that it means much in the grand scheme, except that simply referring to him as a "BJJ White Belt" is misleading.
    Last edited by Snake Plissken; 6/05/2011 11:45am at . Reason: edited from multiple pros to possibly singualr, cuz I don't really remember which

Northeast Anti-Silliness Department Inc. supporting member
    Style
    Kaju, BJJ, Judo, Kempo
    Quote Originally Posted by Snake Plissken View Post
    If I recall properly, Anthony was taking privates at ATT with pro fighters.

Not that it means much in the grand scheme, except that simply referring to him as a "BJJ White Belt" is misleading.
    Meh, I was trained by Joe Scarola, Pete Sell, and Matt & Nick Serra when I was a white belt. Best training I could ever hope for, but it didn't give me superpowers. I learned and progressed at my own rate.
    Knowing is not enough, you must apply...
    ...Willing is not enough you must do
    ~Bruce Lee

Style
    Chinese Boxing
    I read this thread. All of you fags owe me 20 minutes of my life back.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Supreme View Post
    I read this thread. All of you fags owe me 20 minutes of my life back.
    would like like a big, bright shiny new nickle or a tiny, dirty, little old dime?

Quote Originally Posted by Ke?poFist View Post
    Meh, I was trained by Joe Scarola, Pete Sell, and Matt & Nick Serra when I was a white belt. Best training I could ever hope for, but it didn't give me superpowers. I learned and progressed at my own rate.
    I'm not claiming Anthony should have walked in with 'super powers' but the financial ability to purchase an extended series of one-on-one private lessons with active pro fighters in what is arguably the top competing gym is a liberty not afforded to all.

Again, if I am not misremembering.

Style
    Judo
    Sifu Abel is my only reference point for that term. Never heard it before or since.
    "We often joke -- and we really wish it were a joke -- that you will only encounter two basic problems with your 'self-defense' training.
    1) That it doesn't work
    2) That it does work"
    -Animal MacYoung

Style
    BJJ+Sanda
    Quote Originally Posted by Snake Plissken View Post
    Correct me if I am wrong, but if I recall properly, Anthony was taking privates at ATT with (a) pro fighter(s). Whether it be simply grappling privates or MMA may be germane, however training privately with a pro does bear some note.

I am only posting to point out the use of the phrase "grappling privates." I assume the cull thread will be synonymous.

Style
    Judo
    Remind me to not piss off UK Judoka. The phrase "Ukrainian wrestler" makes my balls shrink.
    "We often joke -- and we really wish it were a joke -- that you will only encounter two basic problems with your 'self-defense' training.
    1) That it doesn't work
    2) That it does work"
    -Animal MacYoung

Quote Originally Posted by ermghoti View Post
    I am only posting to point out the use of the phrase "grappling privates." I assume the cull thread will be synonymous.
    well......Rudy *does* have an 8x5.......

Page 7 of 18 First ... 3456789101117 ... Last