Page 6 of 14 First ... 2345678910 ... Last
  1. #51
    tao.jonez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    2,054
    Style
    JKD, Jiu Jitsu
    Despite the intriguing title, there's nothing NSFW about this thread. Dumb Aussies.

    Ees joke, ees nly joke! I read good than you think
    "Never trust a quote you read on the internet" - Abraham Lincoln




  2. #52

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    217
    Style
    Kickboxing/BJJ/Wimp
    Quote Originally Posted by Katriona1992 View Post
    I've been keeping my eye on that club coz I heard it was fab. Once I can convince my parents that my chances of being physically harmed walking from the gym to the train station at 9pm, I might go there for some trials.

    If you don't mind, can you pm me the pricing and the number of female members etc etc?
    It's an excellent school - although this opinion is coming from someone who didn't practice any martial arts before hand, other than a couple of stints at the local PCYC for kickboxing and a little bit of poorly trained BJJ, so I have little to compare it to in regards to quality. Danno and Rikko probably have a better idea of it's quality compared to other schools, but I'll PM you the details regardless.

  3. #53

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    421
    Style
    Boxing and No Gi BJJ
    Quote Originally Posted by tao.jonez View Post
    Despite the intriguing title, there's nothing NSFW about this thread. Dumb Aussies.

    Ees joke, ees nly joke! I read good than you think
    whats NSFW?

  4. #54

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    217
    Style
    Kickboxing/BJJ/Wimp
    Not Safe for Work.

  5. #55

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    421
    Style
    Boxing and No Gi BJJ
    Quote Originally Posted by greatheight View Post
    Not Safe for Work.
    alright thanks and thanks for the PMs :)

  6. #56

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Sydney Australia
    Posts
    253
    Style
    Muay Thai & Bjj
    Katriona,theres a bus stop 20 odd metres from the front door of spma that'll drop you at Burwood station,otherwise it's almost a 40min walk,which can really suck after class.
    Can't really compare gyms for you though,all of my prior experience was with various tma's.

    As for the venue,are pcyc's considered government buildings?
    I have to carry 20million in liability insurance ( personal liability ) to work freelance in gov. buildings like the various entertainment centres,etc. ( 20mil is the government requirement )
    That sets me back between 1200 - 1400 dollars a year.
    I've always enjoyed telling asshole clients that I can blow up their **** & burn down the venue without even breaking my excess.

    At present though I hate my insurance company.
    They are refusing to renew my personal wages insurance in september 'cause apparently I have had too many claims for injuries in the last 4 years. ( funny,about as long as I've been training MT & Bjj ).

    For the last couple of years they were content to jack my premiums up big time,but now they claim that I'm too much of a risk due to my age & the fact that I continually ( & against doctors advice ) put myself in harms way,deliberately risking injury.
    Can't really argue with that...But what a pack of tossers!

  7. #57

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    421
    Style
    Boxing and No Gi BJJ
    Quote Originally Posted by Rickko View Post
    Katriona,theres a bus stop 20 odd metres from the front door of spma that'll drop you at Burwood station,otherwise it's almost a 40min walk,which can really suck after class.
    Okies...I found the number of that bus..thank you :)

  8. #58

    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Sydney NSW
    Posts
    119
    Style
    JKD
    Okay back on topic guys.

    Is there anyone that has a friend with a studio or a martial arts school that might be willing to rent their gym out?

  9. #59

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    421
    Style
    Boxing and No Gi BJJ
    Quote Originally Posted by edselaquino View Post
    Okay back on topic guys.

    Is there anyone that has a friend with a studio or a martial arts school that might be willing to rent their gym out?
    I think your best bet will be at PCYCs (a type of police run community centre). If I remember correctly, the nearest PCYC to me in Burwood has a martial art hall which goes for around $50 per hour (http://www.pcycnsw.org/club_burwood_venue).

  10. #60

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    217
    Style
    Kickboxing/BJJ/Wimp
    Quote Originally Posted by Katriona1992 View Post
    I think your best bet will be at PCYCs (a type of police run community centre). If I remember correctly, the nearest PCYC to me in Burwood has a martial art hall which goes for around $50 per hour (http://www.pcycnsw.org/club_burwood_venue).
    Does that include insurance and stuffs?

Page 6 of 14 First ... 2345678910 ... Last

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in