Page 2 of 4 First 1234 Last

Style
    Sōsetsuken
    I think the iPad originally was meant to cut into the Kindel's market by being an e-book reader capable of doing a lot more stuff. I have on average seen at least 2 people a week on the DC subway using it, mostly for passing the time with games. I have only seen one person using it for work. It may or may not be a flop, but I give Apple credit for pushing new ideas with little fear of failure.

Style
    jiujitsu, karate, shorinj
    Well i think they were relying on the name more than anything... They've banked tons of cash since the i pod... They have some money to throw around and try stuff out, unfortunately i pad should have been called the isad. the three people i know have one, they all can't seem to sell them! They cry every day cause they own an isad!

Style
    BJJ / MT
    Business travelers use the hell out of the Ipad. Thats who I see using them the most. Some of our outside sales people swear by it. My COO uses his almost all the time now.

Style
    Weight Training
    Quote Originally Posted by recourse View Post
    Business travelers use the hell out of the Ipad. Thats who I see using them the most. Some of our outside sales people swear by it. My COO uses his almost all the time now.
    This.
    While anecdotal evidence is convincing to the self, you should rather look at public records to see Apple's sales. There are still quite a few people that purchased the iPad, and the growing tablet market is cutting into netbook and laptop sales. RIM is coming out with their tablet PC called the Playbook, as well as many other manufacturers. Q1 2011 will be a heated time as Playbook is set to come out, at the same time possibly iPad 2.
    Surfing Facebook at work? Spread the good word by adding us on Facebook today! https://www.facebook.com/Bullshido

Style
    Tatsumaki Senpuu Kyaku
    Quote Originally Posted by OSPF View Post
    I think the iPad originally was meant to cut into the Kindel's market by being an e-book reader capable of doing a lot more stuff. I have on average seen at least 2 people a week on the DC subway using it, mostly for passing the time with games. I have only seen one person using it for work. It may or may not be a flop, but I give Apple credit for pushing new ideas with little fear of failure.
    No it wasn't. Originally, the Ipad was slated to take over the laptop/netbook market. When they realized that wasn't going to happen, they immediately shifted their marketing to take over the music and e-book reading market. That's like if Rich Franklin said he was going to take on Brock Lesnar in a fight and then decided it was a bad idea so he instead decides to fight Jose Aldo.

Quote Originally Posted by recourse View Post
    And business travelers also use bluetooth ear pieces when they're not driving. The ipad is just nature's way of warning you of impending assholes.

Quote Originally Posted by PizDoff View Post
    This.
    While anecdotal evidence is convincing to the self, you should rather look at public records to see Apple's sales. There are still quite a few people that purchased the iPad, and the growing tablet market is cutting into netbook and laptop sales. RIM is coming out with their tablet PC called the Playbook, as well as many other manufacturers. Q1 2011 will be a heated time as Playbook is set to come out, at the same time possibly iPad 2.
    So? Most of their sales were at release then it tapered of QUICKLY. Nobody wants to admit that they sunk $500 into nothing.

Style
    Cross Fit, small arms.
    Whilst I think touch pads are the way forward they're still poor bits of tech in general and the laptop (Apple or not) is better kit for less money. It's probably 4 or 5 years ahead of itself, but not in a good way.

Style
    BJJ, MT, TKD
    I own one. I use it for reading, browsing the web, checking mail, and playing like 2 games. I also have my whole music library synced on it. Battery life is incredible.

It goes on vacation with me instead of my laptop. For light day-to-day use, it is convenient. For heavy-lifting (work related, image editing, word processing, etc...), I need my laptop.

The apps for the iPad are only now starting to mature to the point where they make sense to use on a tablet; developers are finally starting to make better use of the big screen size. Industry-specific uses are just now starting to take off as well (medical, manufacturing, etc...).

Does it make me an asshole? Absolutely. I just love to caress the screen... slowly... softly... tap tap tappin' that... oh yeah baby.

Style
    Mixed
    Smartphones are already way ahead of PCs, Macs, and fucking Ipads.

There are already over 100,000 Android applications.

Anything that requires a desk/lap will eventually fade into antiquity, everything computationally useful will fit in one hand, and eventually no hands at all. Soon you will be wearing these devices of lugging them around.

Convergence is upon you.

Style
    In transition
    Tape a Macbook Air to your iPad.

Problem solved.

Style
    BJJ/ MMA/ MT
    I have an iPad Nano, with the added feature of being able to make phone calls. I think they called it an iPhone4.

Page 2 of 4 First 1234 Last