Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last
    Style
    street paddleboarding
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryno View Post
    I find it funny that Marc Denny tried doing football drills to deal with that. You're not going to get that football toughness from anything short of padding up and charging each other a couple thousand times. And for old farts who aren't used to being slammed/thrown/etc., the chances of injury are probably just a bit too high to make this worthwhile.
    Well, step one of dealing with a type of attack is to really know how it works (we've all seen those guys who teach anti-grappling who clearly didn't understand what they were up against). I respect a guy like Marc, who has a lot of martial arts credentials, but while a lot of "masters" his age like to think they have all the answers, he sees a footballer fighting well and thinks "I could learn from him". I think the kind of stuff they were doing was more footwork and mobility drills than padding up and slamming each other. Then again, he's been getting into training MMA at an age where a lot of guys have thrown in the towel athletically.

Style
    Judo
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    having grown up with rugby league and union, i do appreciate the skill set of american football. in saying that i cant imagine there being much biff at games ? league is golden for blues, its part of the reason i enjoy playing.

however in NFL, id say swinging your helmut would be better than swinging your fists.

Style
    Judo
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Permalost View Post
    I think the kind of stuff they were doing was more footwork and mobility drills than padding up and slamming each other.

ive seen footage of these drills on the interwebz. the athleticism shown by some of those BIG dudes is mind blowing. their speed is amazing, considering alot of them are towing 250 pounds.

Style
    FMA, Jujutsu/Judo/SAMBO
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ah OK, football mobility drills makes perfect sense. We do many at my stickfighting club.

While swinging a helmet at someone would be effective, it'll also get you suspended for a third of the season, minimum. Maybe the season.

Style
    Youtube-do
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryno View Post
    If you're good and patient, you can usually get him worse legally than any cheap **** he was able to dish out.

Agreed.

YouTube - NFL fines 7 year old

YouTube - Sport Science: NFL Concussions and helmet to hemet collisions

Style
    Bartitsu
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by sainthamish View Post
    having grown up with rugby league and union, i do appreciate the skill set of american football. in saying that i cant imagine there being much biff at games ? league is golden for blues, its part of the reason i enjoy playing.
    Translation for the bewildered: "Rugby league is good for fights".

Style
    Judo
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by DdlR View Post
    Translation for the bewildered: "Rugby league is good for fights".

haha thanks ddlr !

i just re read my post.

Style
    Judo
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    even though american football players wear pads and questions may be raised in different continents as to the sexuality of said players, i for one can safely say i wouldnt like to run at ray lewis. not today, not ever.

just wanted to get that off my chest.

Style
    Bartitsu
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    No worries, cobber.

Style
    Jacket wrestling
    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by sainthamish View Post
    ive seen footage of these drills on the interwebz. the athleticism shown by some of those BIG dudes is mind blowing. their speed is amazing, considering alot of them are towing 250 pounds.
    Add a hundred pounds for most linemen, mate.

Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last