Page 1 of 3 123 Last

Style
    Youtube-do

Th3 d34d7y Gr1dir0N

The best reciever in the NFL vs. the Josh Koscheck of the NFL

YouTube - [HD] Cortland Finnegan and Andre Johnson Fight! (ALL CAMERA ANGLES)!

YouTube - Cortland Finnegan fights Andre Johnson (HD)

seriously they look like brothers.

http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:A...EloLmHwCnvhj1A
    http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:A...8MmrGVJQiFi0kQ
    and they're both assholes.

I really hate to see my favorite players lower himself to hitting this douchebag but at the same time I am glad someone hit this douche bag.

This is not the first time Texan vs. Titan games have devolved into all out fist fights
    YouTube - Texans Titans Fight 9-20-09
    low quality vid but you can see the exchange at 0:27

Next game is Dec.19:toothy5:

Style
    mma /boxing/muai thai
    So your footy players don't fight much over there?

Style
    street paddleboarding
    Quote Originally Posted by gregaquaman View Post
    Compared to soccer or rugby players overseas? No, not at all.

Style
    KK
    No, they're really not given the leeway by the refs or even their fellow players to do so, especially in American Football and Basketball.

This is good, really, because the participants of these sports are so ridiculously strong that serious injury is a big risk even with a short exchange of fists. Imagine a well landed punch from, say, Ray Lewis or Dwight Howard. There goes your season.

All that padding and the helmet prolly discourages fighting quite a bit. You're never gonna' get much done before it gets broken up by officials.

Style
    FMA, Jujutsu/Judo/SAMBO
    Having played as a kid, there's not much point in fighting in American football. You can legally launch your body through a guy's mid-section, lift him up, then drive him to the ground, making sure your shoulder and body weight comes right down on his ribs. Oh, and it's also perfectly legal to make contact to a guy's mid-section with your hands (open or closed) while engaged, either when blocking or tackling. (Think uppercuts. Very common.) It's easy to put a guy in the hospital with broken ribs, and do so legally.

So why take a swing at a guy's head when he's wearing a helmet?

If a guy does something cheap, you just wait for another play to get vengeance. If you're good and patient, you can usually get him worse legally than any cheap **** he was able to dish out.

Style
    street paddleboarding
    In the earlier days of the Dog Brothers, one of the guys in the crew was a linebacker, so they put lots of effort into the issue of "the linebacker". They're the guy that will negate the distance and technique of your weapon by continuously closing until you're on the ground. I hear Marc Denny started learning football drills from the guy, and he found this useful for "bilateral training", where you develop the ability to think and move ambidexterously.

Style
    Bartitsu
    Quote Originally Posted by Bad Apple View Post
    All that padding and the helmet prolly discourages fighting quite a bit. You're never gonna' get much done before it gets broken up by officials.
    That was my thought. American football players wear so much armor, they pretty much have to get the other guy's helmet off first if they want to hurt him. Same tactics in Renaissance-era armored dagger fighting, except that then they had to pin the other guy down and cut the helmet straps to get at his head.

Style
    street paddleboarding
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryno View Post
    If a guy does something cheap, you just wait for another play to get vengeance. If you're good and patient, you can usually get him worse legally than any cheap **** he was able to dish out.
    One of the kung fu guys I taught with played in the NFL for 12 seasons. He mentioned how he was surprised that he was able to play for a decade without serious injury, and that there's a lot of footballers out there who are good at high speed injuring techniques.

Style
    FMA, Jujutsu/Judo/SAMBO
    Yah, football is a weird sport as different positions require totally different skillsets, and present different risks. In some positions, you can shy away from contact, but others demand them. I personally loved contact, and it amazes me when I see higher level players who don't.

Football players who thrive on contact can make great fighters later on. It can be really tough to rock them as they are trained to absorb and recover from massive collisions quickly. It can be difficult to stun them with anything short of a massive knockout blow.

I find it funny that Marc Denny tried doing football drills to deal with that. You're not going to get that football toughness from anything short of padding up and charging each other a couple thousand times. And for old farts who aren't used to being slammed/thrown/etc., the chances of injury are probably just a bit too high to make this worthwhile.

Page 1 of 3 123 Last