Style
    Krav Maga

Charlatans, Cults and McDojos in the UK

Hi all,

I'm new to this forum, but I thought i'd post up about some of the rubbish that's being pushed in Gloucester, UK.

1. The Bushido Academy of Martial Arts:

This group is pretty much a cult. They're wannabe samurai led by some psycho called Pete Delane (sorry, Master Chusan....). Anyway, they train in some bizarre crap...Ken Kai Ryu Swordsmanship (wtf?), Aikido Te (WTF?!) and "karate" (no style mentioned...). All these "styles" have apparently been created by "Master Chusan". On top of this students study Zen philosophy and are expected to follow Bushido... Deranged Delane calls students "Retainers" and all students are expected to help other students in trouble, even if they are at work etc, and they aren't allowed to train in any other styles outside the academy... Cultish much?

I went to one lesson while I was searching for a Kenjutsu school once...the footwork was a joke...the "Sensei" was correcting me, and yet I used to train in Daito Ryu Aikijujutsu...our footwork is VERY close to Kenjutsu footwork.

AVOID!!!

http://bushidouk.com/index.html

Here's an expose from a former senior instructor:
    http://www.bushido.me.uk/

2. The White Dragon Society:

Head instructor, Tai Bai Lung (or John Dyke, to those in the know) claims to teach: Yang, Chen, Sun and Wu Dang Tai Chi Chuan, Sticky Mantis (huh???), Ga Mo Faat (WTF?) and Baak San Kuen (again WTF?!!!).

Firstly, how many martial artists do you know who could proficiently teach 4 styles of Tai Chi??? Not to mention all the Krap-Fu he mentions. I went along once and Mr Dyke Lungwhatever brazenly gave me a leaflet containing the history of "Baak San Kuen"...a history that had blatantly been photocopied out of a book about White Eyebrow Kung Fu with words whited out and edited...

This is another place where they state that you aren't allowed to train in any other styles... AVOID!!!

And last, but not least...

3. Karate World:

Apparently they do teach traditional karate...Wado Ryu if I remember correctly, but they seem to teach most of their students something called MAARLISK (Martial Arts with Life Skills, apparently...)....... Yeah, OK... AVOID!!

Iain
    Anybody had any experiences with these organisations?

Style
    Aikijujutsu
    Welcome to Bullshido.

You should try and use the search function.

Style
    Krav Maga
    Thanks Yoj! I will do in future...was working on the limited time I have for lunch at work...lol

Style
    Aikijujutsu
    Hehe would have been quicker to have searched than type all that out! Bushido academy have their own thread kicking about, probably the others too.

Style
    Krav Maga
    LOL Well at least I know for next time mate...to be honest, I didn't even think about the search facility! :-)

John the fake Dyke

Quote Originally Posted by KravLion View Post
    Hi all,

2. The White Dragon Society:

Head instructor, Tai Bai Lung (or John Dyke, to those in the know) claims to teach: Yang, Chen, Sun and Wu Dang Tai Chi Chuan, Sticky Mantis (huh???), Ga Mo Faat (WTF?) and Baak San Kuen (again WTF?!!!).

Firstly, how many martial artists do you know who could proficiently teach 4 styles of Tai Chi??? Not to mention all the Krap-Fu he mentions. I went along once and Mr Dyke Lungwhatever brazenly gave me a leaflet containing the history of "Baak San Kuen"...a history that had blatantly been photocopied out of a book about White Eyebrow Kung Fu with words whited out and edited...

This is another place where they state that you aren't allowed to train in any other styles... AVOID!!!

Iain
    Anybody had any experiences with these organisations?
    I am now 50., I first met the Charlatan John Dike 31 years ago. I was young and naive. It took me about 6 months to figure out he was a fraud. Things such as grazing my wrist with his wrist watch and then quickly removing his wrist watch into his pocket and claiming to.all present it was his chi that did it.
    Other things including he learned secret styles that were passed down to him by Basingstoke Triads who were ready to jump like ninjas from the shadows at any time to hurt those that left his group. Or it took 20 years of training with him before even sparing was allowed as it was so deadly dangerous. whoaa. I later found out he learned his forms from old Chinese martial arts VHS videos.

He got finally a slapping by a local kick boxer and was exposed so stopped teaching in Basingstoke. He wasted a lot of young gullible people's time and money.. I moved into mma, and kickboxing. I also studied in China for a while and learned the Chinese language, only then realising his fluency in Chinese was also a lie. He knew a few basic words to con people.

He originally learned kung fu under a Taiwanese kung fu teacher in.Basingstoke and without permission also copied and opened his own school, along with his VHS Chinese kung fu imitation managed to con and still con many people. He was a big guy and a bully at the time, now he's a fat old con man hiding under mumbo jumbo. He's never had a sports fight or real fight in his life, as he says his style is too deadly lol. Except the time he got floored by a single punch in Basingstoke town centre. Save your time and money I was still a teenager then willing to believe that quackery. Don't be as naive and stupid as I was.

Style
    Ex-Karate
    Quote Originally Posted by brassicaman View Post
    I am now 50., I first met the Charlatan John Dike 31 years ago. I was young and naive. It took me about 6 months to figure out he was a fraud. Things such as grazing my wrist with his wrist watch and then quickly removing his wrist watch into his pocket and claiming to.all present it was his chi that did it.
    Other things including he learned secret styles that were passed down to him by Basingstoke Triads who were ready to jump like ninjas from the shadows at any time to hurt those that left his group. Or it took 20 years of training with him before even sparing was allowed as it was so deadly dangerous. whoaa. I later found out he learned his forms from old Chinese martial arts VHS videos.

He got finally a slapping by a local kick boxer and was exposed so stopped teaching in Basingstoke. He wasted a lot of young gullible people's time and money.. I moved into mma, and kickboxing. I also studied in China for a while and learned the Chinese language, only then realising his fluency in Chinese was also a lie. He knew a few basic words to con people.

He originally learned kung fu under a Taiwanese kung fu teacher in.Basingstoke and without permission also copied and opened his own school, along with his VHS Chinese kung fu imitation managed to con and still con many people. He was a big guy and a bully at the time, now he's a fat old con man hiding under mumbo jumbo. He's never had a sports fight or real fight in his life, as he says his style is too deadly lol. Except the time he got floored by a single punch in Basingstoke town centre. Save your time and money I was still a teenager then willing to believe that quackery. Don't be as naive and stupid as I was.
    Out of curiosity - did he ever teach in Newbury? I remember speaking to a club there who said that they were prepared to teach me but I had to give up karate first. Consequently I didn't train with them...

Newbury

Quote Originally Posted by scipio View Post
    Out of curiosity - did he ever teach in Newbury? I remember speaking to a club there who said that they were prepared to teach me but I had to give up karate first. Consequently I didn't train with them...
    Yes I think so. The guy usually wore Kung Fu pants and black slippers.
    This was way before the UFCs etc..The guy must be over 60 now. And as in any cult he had his own inside circle.The guy himself was fairly big but generally never welcomed anyone bigger than him or more skilled than him. I remember this big black guy coming in and asking to try a class, that sent him into a panic, he told him "Classes are all full up.this year , try in another year". That wasnt racism as he had all different races in his class just but fear because the guy who asked was huge and athletic looking. The next week he accepted more students none of whom were physically bigger than him.

Style
    Trumps Space Force
    He’s a shamen , medium and clairvoyant now.
    (Hippy)

Punch in the head must have worked .
    King without a crown