1. #1
    BackFistMonkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Sinsinnatti Oh Hi Ho
    Posts
    14,270
    Style
    all things in Moderation
    3

    U.S. Air Force contradicts report of involvement with package that fell from plane

    "U.S. Air Force contradicts report of involvement with package that fell from plane"
    WAYNE TOWNSHIP, OH (FOX19) -
    The Ohio State Highway Patrol said a package that fell from a plane over Warren County on Wednesday belonged to the U.S. Air Force. The U.S. Air Force says this is not true.

    A bomb squad, state police, and Warren County deputies were called to the 6700 block of Furnas-Oglesby Road early Wednesday. Construction workers told police they'd seen a package fall from a low-flying plane around 10:20 a.m.

    Wednesday afternoon, OSHP officials said the package belonged to the U.S. Air Force, and that the USAF had retrieved the property.

    The U.S. Air Force says not only didn't they retrieve it, the package does not belong to them.

    No details have been released as to what was in the package.
    Article has local news video.

    This seems like an X-files or infowars episode. Anyone else seen local stories like this?
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

    Quote Originally Posted by Jean Paula-Satire
    Never believe that the GOP and fellow bigots are completely unaware of the absurdity of their replies. They know that their remarks are frivolous, open to challenge. But they are amusing themselves, for it is their adversary who is obliged to use words responsibly, since he believes in words. The bigots and Republicans have the right to play. They even like to play with discourse for, by giving ridiculous reasons, they discredit the seriousness of their interlocutors. They delight in acting in bad faith, since they seek not to persuade by sound argument but to intimidate and disconcert. If you press them too closely, they will abruptly fall silent, loftily indicating by some phrase that the time for argument is past and that besides, they have already won

  2. #2
    submessenger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    KAUS
    Posts
    5,362
    Style
    BJJ/Judo/MT
    1
    It seems more like filler. "Something happened, or it didn't happen. We don't know if it did or didn't happen, and we don't even know what "it," is. Could be nothing. Could be something. And, now, over to Mike with your sports round-up..."

  3. #3
    W. Rabbit's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    The Vale of Shadows
    Posts
    12,115
    Style
    Mixed
    Quote Originally Posted by submessenger View Post
    It seems more like filler. "Something happened, or it didn't happen. We don't know if it did or didn't happen, and we don't even know what "it," is. Could be nothing. Could be something. And, now, over to Mike with your sports round-up..."
    Single-engine, low flying == USAF U28A Special Ops.

    There was no package. The End.


  4. #4
    submessenger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    KAUS
    Posts
    5,362
    Style
    BJJ/Judo/MT
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by W. Rabbit View Post
    Single-engine, low flying == USAF U28A Special Ops.

    There was no package. The End.

    Spoiler:
    It was a strobe light.

  5. #5
    BackFistMonkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Sinsinnatti Oh Hi Ho
    Posts
    14,270
    Style
    all things in Moderation
    2
    Ohio is getting weird ... I think the Air Force is just fucking with people now.
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

    Quote Originally Posted by Jean Paula-Satire
    Never believe that the GOP and fellow bigots are completely unaware of the absurdity of their replies. They know that their remarks are frivolous, open to challenge. But they are amusing themselves, for it is their adversary who is obliged to use words responsibly, since he believes in words. The bigots and Republicans have the right to play. They even like to play with discourse for, by giving ridiculous reasons, they discredit the seriousness of their interlocutors. They delight in acting in bad faith, since they seek not to persuade by sound argument but to intimidate and disconcert. If you press them too closely, they will abruptly fall silent, loftily indicating by some phrase that the time for argument is past and that besides, they have already won

  6. #6
    BackFistMonkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Sinsinnatti Oh Hi Ho
    Posts
    14,270
    Style
    all things in Moderation
    1
    ... or

    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

    Quote Originally Posted by Jean Paula-Satire
    Never believe that the GOP and fellow bigots are completely unaware of the absurdity of their replies. They know that their remarks are frivolous, open to challenge. But they are amusing themselves, for it is their adversary who is obliged to use words responsibly, since he believes in words. The bigots and Republicans have the right to play. They even like to play with discourse for, by giving ridiculous reasons, they discredit the seriousness of their interlocutors. They delight in acting in bad faith, since they seek not to persuade by sound argument but to intimidate and disconcert. If you press them too closely, they will abruptly fall silent, loftily indicating by some phrase that the time for argument is past and that besides, they have already won

  7. #7
    BKR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry, Idaho
    Posts
    17,199
    Style
    Kodokan Judo/BJJ
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by BackFistMonkey View Post
    ... or

    Saw him in NOLA... Great show!
    Falling for Judo since 1980

    "You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

    "The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

    "Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in