Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: New Toy

Style
    Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

New Toy

http://www.ruger.com/products/markIIITarget/models.html

Ruger Mk III 22/45 Target. Got it for $266 before tax, brand new. I don't think I'll see it any cheaper anywhere else, so I figured I might as well buy it. I put 200 rounds through it this afternoon, which cost me $12. Very accurate, very fun to shoot.
    "No. Listen to me because I know what I'm talking about here." -- Hannibal

Style
    BJJ, FMA
    Nice, I like it, cheep to buy cheep to shoot. I may have to follow suit next time I get paid.

Style
    Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu
    I also rented a Smith & Wesson M&P 9mm compact handgun today. Mostly because I get free rentals at the range I go to, and am about to move. I shot it side by side with my gen 4 glock 19.

The M&P is a nice pistol, but I don't like it nearly as much as my glock. It shot well and was accurate, but had a couple drawbacks.

1.) Recoil seemed a lot stronger, though was still pretty negligible.
    2.) This is the big one for me: The trigger. Kind of a long trigger squeeze, and the reset is definitely a lot longer. Worse still, it's imperceptible. You just have to sort of figure out where it resets, leading to longer trigger squeeze and reduced accuracy.

3.) As a minor point of contention, it is almost exactly the same size as a glock 19, but only holds 12 rounds in the magazine I was given. I'm sure larger mags are available, but if that is what it comes standard with, that is kind of lame.

Style
    Judo
    it's official, i'm jealous. good find at a nice price.

Style
    BJJ, FMA
    My favorite 9mm is still the Walther P99 just because its ergonomics just fit my hand so perfectly and it has a fairly nice action. But I still love me .22s nice and cheap.

Style
    Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu
    I haven't even had a chance to shoot my Remington 870 yet. Looking forward to that.

Style
    Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu
    Can I also point out that I have paid less for all three of my firearms than many people pay for one 1911?

Style
    BJJ
    Nice. Everybody needs one of these toys. They're great fun + cheap to shoot. Win all the way around!

Quote Originally Posted by Cassius View Post
    Can I also point out that I have paid less for all three of my firearms than many people pay for one 1911?
    Not if they got a Rock Island 1911!

But yeah, that 22 pistol rules. I got to shoot one a while back and it was damn accurate.

Style
    Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu
    Quote Originally Posted by Phrost View Post
    Not if they got a Rock Island 1911!

But yeah, that 22 pistol rules. I got to shoot one a while back and it was damn accurate.
    Rock Island 1911s are nice, but they still shoot .45 ACP, which is fucking expensive right now. I probably could have shot about 30 rounds of 45 for the same price as 200 rounds of .22lr.

At 15 meters, 2 rounds out of 100 were outside of the 9 score on an oval shoot n see target. Roughly 30 were on the orange bullseye. And I have strength and dexterity loss on the left side of my body from a spinal cord injury. And I shoot left handed.

At 7 meters, "stray shot" = outside of the bullseye.

Seriously accurate.

Page 1 of 2 12 Last