Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Women's Self Defense - Against a bedroom rape attempt

• Just what the Title says.

Both funny and sad. I can't believe women pay people to learn this bullshit.

this is taken from a site called
      www.womens-selfdefense.com

The site reads: "Most of what you have read or been told about women's self defense is just plain hog wash!"
    • English

Originally posted by blisterstarr View Post
    The site reads: "Most of what you have read or been told about women's self defense is just plain hog wash!"
    ... including that site.

I love the little repeated ax-kicks - yeah, they're going to pack a nano-whallop.

Comment

Good lord. How about you get some better dead bolts, window locks, and safety doors?

Did the idiot really say:
      "You don't want to get into a grappling (BJJ sport hate) situation?"

She is already prone you fucking idiot. It is already a grappling situation. At that point grappling is better. If it is a weaponless attack, the rapist uses, OMG, BODY WEIGHT to suppress any attacks and POSITIONING to remove the clothing.

Gee that sounds like submission based techniques found in any grappling based art.

Comment

Ummmmm..... do you really need a Self Defense DVD to teach you how to kick someone??

Comment

One of my teachers used to give women's self defense seminars. He would love attacking the love handles.

Comment

I am disappointed - I thought the scenario would first include a successful rape attempt.

With a fitter chick.

CLICK & WATCH
            :
            I got BULLSHIDO ON TV!!!

"Bruce Lee sucks because I slammed my nuts with nunchucks trying to do that stupid shit back in the day. I still managed to have two kids. I forgive you Bruce.
            " - by Vorpal

Comment

douche

Comment

Seconded.

Comment

even a rapist would eventually attempt to grab her legs. then what? she becomes of victim of rape AND murder, thats what.

Comment

I think that was probably the most infuriating bullshido video I've seen to date. If anyone decides to take that guys advice, he's gonna have blood on his hands.

Comment

This brings up an interesting issue...

So we know that eye-gouging, face-biting, throat-chopping, groin-kneeing, and instep-stomping are not "deadly threat-neutralizers" against a committed attacker with adrenaline coursing through his (or her) veins, especially if the victim has no MA training, and even worse if the aggressor does...

And we know that not too many women out there are interested in or have committed to training in proper MMA training that covers sound striking, clinch, and grappling concepts...

So what should be taught in a women's self-defense class, aside from the obvious situational/self-awareness and precautionary measures?

Comment

Bedroom Rape?

Comment

I'm sort of against heavily advertising rape scenarios at all in women's self-defense. It usually brought up in such an exploitative way... Put it this way, all people should learn how to deal with all types of assaults, from the verbal to the violently physical. Throwing around rape stats and insinuating that your students will likely get raped without the training is preying on fear.

I've encountered instructors who've used rape scare tactics on men, to the effect of "Yeah, you don't need to learn how to fight, so when your girlfriend gets raped you can tell her 'Sorry, babe'"...

Comment

i reckon its not such a bad idea. I was in this one fight where dude was on his back just goin apeshit with the axekicks/stomps, I got caught in there for a bit (kneeling) and not only was it unpleasant it was hard to get out of there. The only funny bit is shes gettin raped at home in bed!?

Comment

It would be a "date rape" or intruder scenario. This does happen. (the majority of rapes in this country are by someone the woman knows) The problem is that she is not generating any sort of "explosive power" or putting her body weight into any of the strikes rendering them ineffective. If she doesn't gain the inititive immediately and hurt him, she is going to get squished.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X