Judo street fight knockout

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The problem with judo is that it takes years to get good enough to use sweet throws on the deadly streets.

Comment

Any particular reason to think Judoka rather than wrestler? Other than the work of the tremendous dipshit who edited the video.

Comment

Originally posted by adskibullus View Post
        The problem with judo is that it takes years to get good enough to use sweet throws on the deadly streets.
        How is that different from any other system?

Comment

I strongly disagree. I noticed most grappling arts takes a lot less time for someone to know to use them in a alive situation or a real life situation compared to striking arts against someone less skilled then them.

Also, I noticed it is better at neutralizing a size advantage.

Comment

Originally posted by dwkfym View Post
            I strongly disagree. I noticed most grappling arts takes a lot less time for someone to know to use them in a alive situation or a real life situation compared to striking arts against someone less skilled then them.

Also, I noticed it is better at neutralizing a size advantage.
            judo is only difficult against other judoka or wrestlers. it's actually amazing how easily the throws work when facing someone who commits 100% to their attacks, and who doesn't know how to stop judo techniques.

Comment

Yeah, I did judo for a whopping 6 months. Even after a month of training, I could pretty much take anyone down who had no grappling experience, at will.

The same cannot be said for striking arts. It took me much longer to be able to beat up people with no martial arts background who weren't obviously weak or much smaller than me, and even now I probably can't take on someone who are much bigger and more athletic then me without protective equipment (thinking someone like shaq, though he does have some training under his belt).

Comment

This is probably after black belt self defense technique curriculum?
                Unless this is actually sambo?

Comment

Originally posted by PointyShinyBurn View Post
                  Any particular reason to think Judoka rather than wrestler? Other than the work of the tremendous dipshit who edited the video.
                  Or Sambo, sounded Russian-y to me.

It definitely takes years to learn Judo fully, but then again I got my black belt in less than a year and a half and I'm not much of an athlete.

You definitely could train someone who was athletically gifted to be pretty effective with Judo in less than a year. The sticking point would be mental i.e would they actually react to a self-defence situation by using Judo or just freeze etc...

Comment

Oh, shit, it's blue belt required. Looks really nasty here, the dude made a really high profile throw.

Comment

Originally posted by judoka_uk View Post

It definitely takes years to learn Judo fully, but then again I got my black belt in less than a year and a half and I'm not much of an athlete.
                      A year and a half?! We're you training full time?

Comment

Originally posted by ippwned View Post
                        A year and a half?! We're you training full time?
                        As full time as a first year student who goes out every other night can be...

It's honestly not that much of an achievement to get a dan grade in the UK. I'm always perplexed at how it takes people so long.

Comment

Originally posted by Ming Loyalist View Post
                          judo is only difficult against other judoka or wrestlers. it's actually amazing how easily the throws work when facing someone who commits 100% to their attacks, and who doesn't know how to stop judo techniques.
                          I started an MMA class over the summer. None of the other guys have trained with a judoka, and although my judo is poor I am throwing them all over the place...It's great

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                          X