• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• foxguitar
    replied
    Originally posted by Artis Ferox View Post
    Look at it this way:

Point sparring: Run in, hit your opponent, stop briefly and start again. No takedowns or grappling.

MMA: All ranges of combat covered, strikes, elbows, knees, takedowns, ground and pound, submissions. No eye gouges, but try and eye gouge a superior boxer with his guard up and jabbing you in the face, or grappler shooting in for the single leg.

You can't pretend these are in the same league.
    Ok if thats true then MMA is the way and screw all others including Kyokushin no face punches or ground and pound there.

First off If you ever watch top rated WKF , points are hard to come by and the vast majority of the better fighters are scoring with lightning fast kicks to the head and also with sweep and take down followed up by a hand technique

Years ago if you had a good front kick and reverse punch you would win the vast majority of your matches not true anymore

now some of these guys train in Judo to improve their sweeps and take downs and even train with Taekwondo instructors to improve their kicking ability.

Sure I love watching UFC but UFC point Karate Taekwondo , Boxing all have their good points and their minuses.

Leave a comment:

• Artis Ferox
    replied
    Look at it this way:

Point sparring: Run in, hit your opponent, stop briefly and start again. No takedowns or grappling.

MMA: All ranges of combat covered, strikes, elbows, knees, takedowns, ground and pound, submissions. No eye gouges, but try and eye gouge a superior boxer with his guard up and jabbing you in the face, or grappler shooting in for the single leg.

You can't pretend these are in the same league.

Leave a comment:

• foxguitar
    replied
    Originally posted by Evil Solvalou View Post
    If it is properly full contact and continuous then I will indeed hold it in higher regard than Shotokan point sparring, although they're a bit let down because of their choice to not cover their face, which anyone with half a brain will tell you is senseless.
    Ok you are entitled to your opinion , and thats fine. And its not just Shotokan who fights the World Karare Federation rules , most of the major Japanese styles fight that way.

I like the WKF way it is a 8 ippon match . kicking techniques to the head are awarded 3 points , kicks to the body 2 , punchs 1 point , sweeps are allowed and rapidly followed up with a technique 3 points.

But not everyone has to like it , and thats cool.

Yes its not ground and pound like UFC but for me it works well.

Leave a comment:

• Evil Solvalou
    replied
    Originally posted by foxguitar View Post
    So then according to your standards olympic style taekwondo fits thats its full contact and continous.

All Im trying to say is each has its own plusses and minuses.

Well its good you take boxing but ill stick to my point karate ,
    and to be a good fighter no matter what style alot goes into it
    If it is properly full contact and continuous then I will indeed hold it in higher regard than Shotokan point sparring, although they're a bit let down because of their choice to not cover their face, which anyone with half a brain will tell you is senseless.

Leave a comment:

• foxguitar
    replied
    Look at what the most respected styles have in common, despite all their rule differences they have at least two things in common: they're all full contact and they're all continuous.

Point sparring, even if it's full contact, isn't continuous.

I'll let people more knowledgeable than me take it from here.

EDIT: I'll also add that it isn't necessarily about what techniques are or aren't allowed, I'll take Boxing over Hapkido any day for example, but more about the overall format of the fighting, i.e. full contact and continuous.

So then according to your standards olympic style taekwondo fits thats its full contact and continous.

All Im trying to say is each has its own plusses and minuses.

Well its good you take boxing but ill stick to my point karate ,
    and to be a good fighter no matter what style alot goes into it

Leave a comment:

• foxguitar
    replied
    Originally posted by honesty View Post
    Oh fuck me - The rules are limiting my style! UFC fighters cant eye gouge or do nut shots! Sports vs Street! - Any other ridiculous argument you want to add to your above?

I think your missing my pioint , Im not saying that sport sucks. Im a sport Karate devotee , WKF rules . Others on here are saying point karate sucks and is laughable Im arguing saying that no matter what sport UFC TKD karate there are rules.
    So read all my posts before you jump in half cocked.

There is no way to use the real for the vast majority of people unless you are a combat soldier and even then there are rules of engagement as same a LEO .

So again Im saying I think point karate is worthwhile some disagree.

Leave a comment:

• Vieux Normand
    replied
    Originally posted by Patcherson View Post
    yet again on this forum a child tries to derail a convo
    No problem, child.

Derails such as yours have happened before, and will doubtless occur again.

Consider yourself forgiven...now run along and play.

Leave a comment:

• honesty
    replied
    Ok what to you constitute as real fighting ,
    kyokushin as great as it is you cant punch to the face ,
    UFC or MMA there are prohibited techniques as well no eye goughes unles you are cro-cop , So whats real except for real . Thats my point , Everything has its limitations , Its not real if it has rules . .

and alot of top fighters are excellent fighters that have speed power focus , they can take a hit and give a hit.
    I dont really see why you are so closed minded to just seeing things in your your own little prism.

And what you consider to be facts are based on nothing more than your own personal experiences which is as everyones notion of fact are based on their own personal experience.
    Oh fuck me - The rules are limiting my style! UFC fighters cant eye gouge or do nut shots! Sports vs Street! - Any other ridiculous argument you want to add to your above?

Leave a comment:

• Evil Solvalou
    replied
    Look at what the most respected styles have in common, despite all their rule differences they have at least two things in common: they're all full contact and they're all continuous.

Point sparring, even if it's full contact, isn't continuous.

I'll let people more knowledgeable than me take it from here.

EDIT: I'll also add that it isn't necessarily about what techniques are or aren't allowed, I'll take Boxing over Hapkido any day for example, but more about the overall format of the fighting, i.e. full contact and continuous.

Leave a comment:

• foxguitar
    replied
    Bullshit. I've read here many times the opinion that there is nothing wrong with things like Wushu forms competitions and point sparring as long as people are honest with themselves and others about what they're doing and what it means.

People are only really against that sort of thing if they claim it teaches proper fighting skills or self defence.

As for opinions that it's a bit stupid, people are entitled to opinions like that. I for example think synchronised swimming is a bit dumb. I acknowledge the skill of the people doing it, but I don't have to like it, just as people here don't have to like point sparring.

Ok what to you constitute as real fighting ,
    kyokushin as great as it is you cant punch to the face ,
    UFC or MMA there are prohibited techniques as well no eye goughes unles you are cro-cop , So whats real except for real . Thats my point , Everything has its limitations , Its not real if it has rules . .

and alot of top fighters are excellent fighters that have speed power focus , they can take a hit and give a hit.
    I dont really see why you are so closed minded to just seeing things in your your own little prism.

And what you consider to be facts are based on nothing more than your own personal experiences which is as everyones notion of fact are based on their own personal experience.

Leave a comment:

• Evil Solvalou
    replied
    While you may think that point sparring is laughable , first off I disagree , Not everybody is a UFC fighter ok and at the higher levels the skill and training that goes into the top rated WKF is insane.

All the live training , the pad work , the cardio , practice for hours that goes into that.

Some of you guys are just so narrow minded and accept nothing but your own ideals.
    Bullshit. I've read here many times the opinion that there is nothing wrong with things like Wushu forms competitions and point sparring as long as people are honest with themselves and others about what they're doing and what it means.

People are only really against that sort of thing if they claim it teaches proper fighting skills or self defence.

As for opinions that it's a bit stupid, people are entitled to opinions like that. I for example think synchronised swimming is a bit dumb. I acknowledge the skill of the people doing it, but I don't have to like it, just as people here don't have to like point sparring.

Leave a comment:

• foxguitar
    replied
    Originally posted by Kintanon View Post
    Full agreement, I'm just addressing your posting style because I feel you would be a more effective posted with a slightly different style. And frankly there's nothing else of value being contributed here because the OP is an idiot and karate point sparring is as laughable as TKD point sparring.

While you may think that point sparring is laughable , first off I disagree , Not everybody is a UFC fighter ok and at the higher levels the skill and training that goes into the top rated WKF is insane.

All the live training , the pad work , the cardio , practice for hours that goes into that.

Some of you guys are just so narrow minded and accept nothing but your own ideals.

Leave a comment:

• Kintanon
    replied
    Full agreement, I'm just addressing your posting style because I feel you would be a more effective posted with a slightly different style. And frankly there's nothing else of value being contributed here because the OP is an idiot and karate point sparring is as laughable as TKD point sparring.

Leave a comment:

• 1point2
    replied
    Guys, the Japanese martial arts forums are not for sitting around braiding each other's katas and compliant techniques and light-contact point-sparring.

It's for discussing Japanese schools with hard, progressive training, as well as to compare and contrast arts in an intelligent fashion.

A noob Shotokan guy asking about bouncing during sparring in all lowercase, without context, reason or rhyme, then bitching when point-sparring is called out for being point-sparring, is not an appropriate use of this forum.

Leave a comment:

• foxguitar
    replied
    Originally posted by 1point2 View Post
    You need to learn your place, right smart quick. You are a noob, with no standing on this site, with no standing on this forum, who has contributed nothing, said nothing of worth yet, and is actively being a eunuch in his posts.

You need to shut the fuck up. First, try the search function.

http://www.bullshido.net/forums/show...light=bouncing

Then, realize that you are worthless here. Other people know more than you. Get over it; I did.

Third, try these out: 1) aliveness. 2) hard sparring. 3) the point of this site. 4) the point of this forum. None of these are what you think they are, and you have demonstrated that you know nothing of them.

Oh, and fourth: you don't get to determine who posts in "your" thread. You don't get to designate who is derailing or who needs to get out. Posters who have been around for a couple thousand posts don't usually get that; you certainly don't.

you really are a pompous dick . you are ex isshinryu who all you do is rail against your old style one that stupid you stayed till nidan . You stayed till Nidan but got nothing out of it.

Nobody is impressed with your instructors tag , wheres your own Karate Dojo ? , I too was a instructor as a 2nd Dan in Taekwondo big fuckin deal , It wasnt my Dojang I was merely assisting my Sabunim , same as I do as a Nidan in my Shotokan Dojo. So impressed with you Im not .

and why dont you shut the fuck up .:XXbuzzsaw

Leave a comment:

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
X