• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Patcherson View Post
    ...your a fucktard
    Quoted for pricelessness.

Comment

Originally posted by bitchslapper View Post
      Is this it? Is that all your point is; even the shittiest training method has something to offer?
      This is an imperfect world there are no perfect training methods. So the fact that something has a benefit or two if you search long and hard doesn't really mean much. I mean you could say soccer is good fight training because it enhances your cardio. And video games improve hand eye coordination and reaction time. But they won't make you a fighter and there are better ways to train those attributes.
      Do you have experience fighting in a WKF rule tournament , its not easy , its 8 points 2 minutes, its not continous ok Ill grant you but they dont stop the action often only for clear clean points , no half assed cheap shots not in the black belt division , most of these guys are fierce fighters with alot of speed and power , Timing , stamina , crisp technique , not sloppy like the old PKA of years gone by.

im curious , because you seem to criticize it alot. If you have done shotokan or WKF than ok if not how do you its not any good.

Im not saying its for everybody just as MMA isnt for everybody .

I do have alot of respect for grapplers , we just started grappling in my dojo , the shit is hard . and you can get gassed real quick.
      So point being you got to have a open mind and not so closed minded about what is good .

And about soccer players I bet they can kick you to death they have ability strength cardio and flexibility.

And another point the military trains pilots on simulators to develop the necessary skills needed to fly real aircraft.

Comment

Simulations which mimic actual flight scenarios.

Are you really this thick foxguitar?

Comment

Originally posted by foxguitar View Post
          im curious , because you seem to criticize it alot. If you have done shotokan or WKF than ok if not how do you its not any good.
          Really where did I do that?

And another point the military trains pilots on simulators to develop the necessary skills needed to fly real aircraft.
          Flight simulators mimic real flying as closely as possible. Can't you see that point fighting is less like a real fight than knockdown or boxing or kickboxing or grappling or MMA?

We're going in circles. You make a weak confused argument. I reject it. You misunderstand my points. You go back to "Well it works for me so I feel it's good." I'm getting dizzy and want to get off this stupid ride.

Comment

Really where did I do that?

Flight simulators mimic real flying as closely as possible. Can't you see that point fighting is less like a real fight than knockdown or boxing or kickboxing or grappling or MMA?

We're going in circles. You make a weak confused argument. I reject it. You misunderstand my points. You go back to "Well it works for me so I feel it's good." I'm getting dizzy and want to get off this stupid ride.

So get the fuck off and like I said you have no experience in fighting a WKF type tournament in the black belt Division but yet you talk about things like your a fucking expert .

Well if you did have experience you would have certaintly stated you did.

So how the fuck can you repeatedly talk about how this useless or that useless when you dont know cause you never did.

Fuck your rejection To me you haven given one iota what your qualifications are . For all I know you are a 16 year old snot nose with less than a year and spouting off how bad you are.

well till you give me some background of your experience or what makes you creditable I reject your argument.

Comment

Originally posted by Sang View Post
              Simulations which mimic actual flight scenarios.

Are you really this thick foxguitar?

Yeah Im that thick and so is the airforce , How do you think the 9-11 hijackers learned to fly

Comment

So get the fuck off and like I said you have no experience in fighting a WKF type tournament in the black belt Division but yet you talk about things like your a fucking expert .

Well if you did have experience you would have certaintly stated you did.

So how the fuck can you repeatedly talk about how this useless or that useless when you dont know cause you never did.

Fuck your rejection To me you haven given one iota what your qualifications are . For all I know you are a 16 year old snot nose with less than a year and spouting off how bad you are.

well till you give me some background of your experience or what makes you creditable I reject your argument.

Comment

Originally posted by Evil Solvalou View Post
                  nice picture of you

but you still havent answered , which leads me to believe you dont know what the fuck you are talking about when it comes to anything you are trying to degrade or put down as valueless.

So again if you never competed in a WKF tournament or are not a Shotokan stylist then you are talking out of your ass

If you have Id love to hear about it . :blob1:

Comment

nice picture of you

but you still havent answered , which leads me to believe you dont know what the fuck you are talking about when it comes to anything you are trying to degrade or put down as valueless.

So again if you never competed in a WKF tournament or are not a Shotokan stylist then you are talking out of your ass

If you have Id love to hear about it . :blob1:
                    Wrong person dipshit; you're asking bitchslapper about his WKF experience, not me.

Comment

Originally posted by Evil Solvalou View Post
                      Wrong person dipshit; you're asking bitchslapper about his WKF experience, not me.
                      well its easy to get both of you assclowns confused :XXking:

Comment

My (probably) Shotokan eperience is the following. I went to a dojo to try it out. We did some horse stance punching. Some sort of forearm upward block. Then compliantly applied one to the other. Plus some conditioning.

I went to a tournament with a mix of styles. I saw the karate point fighters warming up. One group did this sort of charging dive bombing full arm chop to the top of the head. Once the strike was delivered they needed several running steps to regain their balance. And then they did it again and again. They really were one trick ponies. But I bet that trick works really well in a point fighting rule set and nowhere else.
                        Point karate makes you do stupid moves.

Comment

What does "(probably) Shotokan" mean?

Let me get this straight: you tried some random krotty school, have nfc even what type it was, and now you're just going to assume it's Shotokan because it suits your argument? Really?

The leaping forward/falling chop (or backfist) is a mainstay American Sport Krotty/open circuit/whatever-the-2009-term-is technique. Those sorts of tournaments you're describing are very different from the types of tournaments Fox is talking about and you're starting to make your argument worse.

That being said...

Sorry Fox, but the WKF format really does have very little to do with real fighting. It's not a match to see who can beat whom, just a contest of two people trying to display certain karate skills against each other.

Some of the competitors are good athletes and some can really fight, but that has nothing to do with the WKF being a good or realistic format--it's just big and instructors want their students to have someplace to "go" with their Karate (i.e. Pan Am Games, Olympics one day maybe, etc.) which they provide. Those people, I guarantee you, are training relatively realisticallly, sparring continously, probably crosstraining, etc. etc. etc. boring stuff and just practice sparring under WFK rules in time to adjust themselves to the format when tournament season comes.

Comment

My (probably) Shotokan eperience is the following. I went to a dojo to try it out. We did some horse stance punching. Some sort of forearm upward block. Then compliantly applied one to the other. Plus some conditioning.

I went to a tournament with a mix of styles. I saw the karate point fighters warming up. One group did this sort of charging dive bombing full arm chop to the top of the head. Once the strike was delivered they needed several running steps to regain their balance. And then they did it again and again. They really were one trick ponies. But I bet that trick works really well in a point fighting rule set and nowhere else.
                            Point karate makes you do stupid moves.

Ok so you took one try out and went to a open tournament .

Ok the tournament doesnt sound like anything Ive seen.

Go on youtube watch the World Karate federation world Championships .

I wish I knew how to link up a youtube vid to my posts and Id do for you.

while obviously its not MMA or UFC its alot more involved than you would think and the level of skill is very high.

As for the class sounds like a trial class practicing basic blocks .

Comment

Originally posted by maofas View Post
                              What does "(probably) Shotokan" mean?

Let me get this straight: you tried some random krotty school, have nfc even what type it was, and now you're just going to assume it's Shotokan because it suits your argument? Really?

The leaping forward/falling chop (or backfist) is a mainstay American Sport Krotty/open circuit/whatever-the-2009-term-is technique. Those sorts of tournaments you're describing are very different from the types of tournaments Fox is talking about and you're starting to make your argument worse.

That being said...

Sorry Fox, but the WKF format really does have very little to do with real fighting. It's not a match to see who can beat whom, just a contest of two people trying to display certain karate skills against each other.

Some of the competitors are good athletes and some can really fight, but that has nothing to do with the WKF being a good or realistic format--it's just big and instructors want their students to have someplace to "go" with their Karate (i.e. Pan Am Games, Olympics one day maybe, etc.) which they provide. Those people, I guarantee you, are training relatively realisticallly, sparring continously, probably crosstraining, etc. etc. etc. boring stuff and just practice sparring under WFK rules in time to adjust themselves to the format when tournament season comes.

nice post and some good points alot of which I agree with

Pointof Interest , we did grappling last night at the Dojo , I have renewed respect for grapplers , After a short time I was gassed .
                              while we obviously wont be BJJ experts or close it was good to get some hands on grappling

As you know well karate is a great stand up striking art but we suck ass in the ground game

Comment

[/B]

nice post and some good points alot of which I agree with

Pointof Interest , we did grappling last night at the Dojo , I have renewed respect for grapplers , After a short time I was gassed .
                                while we obviously wont be BJJ experts or close it was good to get some hands on grappling

As you know well karate is a great stand up striking art but we suck ass in the ground game
                                Yes, we know, you said so in the other thread.

What does this have to do with anything?

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X