X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Patcherson View Post
    watch this fox

YouTube - Kumite Shotokan Karate SKIF - Kanazawa Vs Murakami

two very important people in shotokan karate especially kanazawa because his father founded SKI (Shotokan Karate Ireland)

they are bouncing as you can see and are clearly not european but yes karate changes from town to town

Good Post props

Comment

what props what xD

Comment

Gtfo of this form.
        Fixed, and...no.

Comment

yet again on this forum a child tries to derail a convo

Comment

The Karateka in the vid were allowed to stop and start again after every exchange. They were thus able to get their breath back and conserve energy to keep bouncing. After say, 4 uninterrputed minutes of sparring their style may have changed to being more stationary.

Also, bring any grappling into the equation and they can throw the bouncing out right there.

Comment

gtfo this form
              You need to learn your place, right smart quick. You are a noob, with no standing on this site, with no standing on this forum, who has contributed nothing, said nothing of worth yet, and is actively being a eunuch in his posts.

You need to shut the fuck up. First, try the search function.

http://www.bullshido.net/forums/show...light=bouncing

Then, realize that you are worthless here. Other people know more than you. Get over it; I did.

Third, try these out: 1) aliveness. 2) hard sparring. 3) the point of this site. 4) the point of this forum. None of these are what you think they are, and you have demonstrated that you know nothing of them.

Oh, and fourth: you don't get to determine who posts in "your" thread. You don't get to designate who is derailing or who needs to get out. Posters who have been around for a couple thousand posts don't usually get that; you certainly don't.

Comment

I love watching 1point2 slapdown on noobs considering the lambasting he was receiving not 30 days hence....

Comment

Originally posted by Kintanon View Post
                  I love watching 1point2 slapdown on noobs considering the lambasting he was receiving not 30 days hence....
                  Remind me how that's relevant?

Comment

Relevance notwithstanding it amuses me.
                    Recent converts are always the most zealous proselytizers and you are a prime example. Frankly the deliberately caustic nature of your posts doesn't suite you. I suggest a different gimic.

Comment

I'm trying to rid the JMA forums of the latest pest. You don't really figure into that.

Comment

Originally posted by 1point2 View Post
                        You need to learn your place, right smart quick. You are a noob, with no standing on this site, with no standing on this forum, who has contributed nothing, said nothing of worth yet, and is actively being a eunuch in his posts.

You need to shut the fuck up. First, try the search function.

http://www.bullshido.net/forums/show...light=bouncing

Then, realize that you are worthless here. Other people know more than you. Get over it; I did.

Third, try these out: 1) aliveness. 2) hard sparring. 3) the point of this site. 4) the point of this forum. None of these are what you think they are, and you have demonstrated that you know nothing of them.

Oh, and fourth: you don't get to determine who posts in "your" thread. You don't get to designate who is derailing or who needs to get out. Posters who have been around for a couple thousand posts don't usually get that; you certainly don't.

you really are a pompous dick . you are ex isshinryu who all you do is rail against your old style one that stupid you stayed till nidan . You stayed till Nidan but got nothing out of it.

Nobody is impressed with your instructors tag , wheres your own Karate Dojo ? , I too was a instructor as a 2nd Dan in Taekwondo big fuckin deal , It wasnt my Dojang I was merely assisting my Sabunim , same as I do as a Nidan in my Shotokan Dojo. So impressed with you Im not .

and why dont you shut the fuck up .:XXbuzzsaw

Comment

Guys, the Japanese martial arts forums are not for sitting around braiding each other's katas and compliant techniques and light-contact point-sparring.

It's for discussing Japanese schools with hard, progressive training, as well as to compare and contrast arts in an intelligent fashion.

A noob Shotokan guy asking about bouncing during sparring in all lowercase, without context, reason or rhyme, then bitching when point-sparring is called out for being point-sparring, is not an appropriate use of this forum.

Comment

Full agreement, I'm just addressing your posting style because I feel you would be a more effective posted with a slightly different style. And frankly there's nothing else of value being contributed here because the OP is an idiot and karate point sparring is as laughable as TKD point sparring.

Comment

Originally posted by Kintanon View Post
                              Full agreement, I'm just addressing your posting style because I feel you would be a more effective posted with a slightly different style. And frankly there's nothing else of value being contributed here because the OP is an idiot and karate point sparring is as laughable as TKD point sparring.

While you may think that point sparring is laughable , first off I disagree , Not everybody is a UFC fighter ok and at the higher levels the skill and training that goes into the top rated WKF is insane.

All the live training , the pad work , the cardio , practice for hours that goes into that.

Some of you guys are just so narrow minded and accept nothing but your own ideals.

Comment

Originally posted by foxguitar View Post
                                While you may think that point sparring is laughable , first off I disagree , Not everybody is a UFC fighter ok and at the higher levels the skill and training that goes into the top rated WKF is insane.

All the live training , the pad work , the cardio , practice for hours that goes into that.

Some of you guys are just so narrow minded and accept nothing but your own ideals.
                                Bullshit. I've read here many times the opinion that there is nothing wrong with things like Wushu forms competitions and point sparring as long as people are honest with themselves and others about what they're doing and what it means.

People are only really against that sort of thing if they claim it teaches proper fighting skills or self defence.

As for opinions that it's a bit stupid, people are entitled to opinions like that. I for example think synchronised swimming is a bit dumb. I acknowledge the skill of the people doing it, but I don't have to like it, just as people here don't have to like point sparring.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X