did boxing for 2 years
    Funny.

You don't act like it.

Leave a comment:

• Patcherson
    replied
    Originally posted by DerAuslander108 View Post
    Aw, leave him be, Fake.

He's just a little kid with no boxing or wrestling experience or anything outside of Shotokan.
    did boxing for 2 years

Leave a comment:

• It is Fake
    replied
    He asked about 1point2 I gave him an explanation.

Leave a comment:

• DerAuslander
    replied
    Aw, leave him be, Fake.

He's just a little kid with no boxing or wrestling experience or anything outside of Shotokan.

Leave a comment:

• It is Fake
    replied
    Originally posted by Patcherson View Post
    look at 1point2's posts on same thread as this
    Okay, last time.

You picked on two arts not covered by anything in this discussion. 1point2 posts where on topic, discussing Japanese Martial Arts and arguing with Fox who was discussing Japanese Martial Arts.

Now, were there some dismissive remarks? Yes. Again JMA is one thing calling MMA and boxers stupid is an entirely different point for another thread.

Leave a comment:

• DerAuslander
    replied
    Originally posted by foxguitar View Post
    Im stoked , all kidding aside you have a wide berth of knowledge and I respect that.
    Stop being nice.

It's scary.

Leave a comment:

• foxguitar
    replied
    Fox, I'm working on a "Karate Kata & Progressive Martial Art Training" FAQ to set up discussion so we can hopefully make sure everyone is on the same page, ending threads full of talking past each other.

Patcherson, you have a lot of growing up to do before you ever take part in these discussions.

Im stoked , all kidding aside you have a wide berth of knowledge and I respect that.

Leave a comment:

• 1point2
    replied
    Fox, I'm working on a "Karate Kata & Progressive Martial Art Training" FAQ to set up discussion so we can hopefully make sure everyone is on the same page, ending threads full of talking past each other.

Patcherson, you have a lot of growing up to do before you ever take part in these discussions.
    Huzzah.

Items I would appreciate in the FAQ but not to be discussed here:
    -"Kata was good enough for these guys, so..."
    -"The Okinawan masters were deadly, so..."
    -The one-step discussion from the TKD forum, mirrored here in my post last page.
    -Link to that back-and-forth you, me, and IIF had a while back about kata bunkai

Leave a comment:

• DerAuslander
    replied

Leave a comment:

• DerAuslander
    replied
    this whole thing about "what would happen in a street fight"

well anyone who does a traditional martial art would never get into a fight unless someone else attacked em

the mma nuts prob go looking for a fight and boxers don't have enough brains to stop fighting

the truth is street fights are normally one person versus two or more scumbags with little or no experience they wont be able to play the ground game most they could do is rugby tackle you if you dont plant your foot in their face while they try
    How old are you?

Leave a comment:

• 1point2
    replied
    I've made quite a few. Which are at issue?

Leave a comment:

• Patcherson
    replied
    Originally posted by It is Fake View Post
    Stop trolling the thread. Insulting two other styles was not necessary. This isn't YMAS.

Leave a comment:

• It is Fake
    replied

well anyone who does a traditional martial art would never get into a fight unless someone else attacked em

the mma nuts prob go looking for a fight and boxers don't have enough brains to stop fighting

the truth is street fights are normally one person versus two or more scumbags with little or no experience they wont be able to play the ground game most they could do is rugby tackle you if you dont plant your foot in their face while they try
    Stop trolling the thread. Insulting two other styles was not necessary. This isn't YMAS.

Leave a comment:

• 1point2
    replied

Oh, that's good to hear. I suppose you have statistics to back you up? Because the FBI stats on violent crime don't really jive with what you're saying. Nor do my experiences with MMA nuts, boxers, and karate guys. Their propensity, regardless of training, is to pick fights based on their original personality/upbringing/social class, not the style of martial art they do.

Leave a comment:

• Patcherson
    replied

Leave a comment:

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
X