X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lindz
    replied
    Originally posted by foxguitar View Post
    See heres where we disagree you are only advocating what you believe to be your versions of specific martial arts .

Anybody who has the opinion that differs from the mob is attacked and ridiculed..
    When will you get it? No one gives a shit about opinion. Try bringing some facts and see what happens.

Originally posted by Patcherson View Post
    and 1point2 who's never even done karate trying to say something about an art he has NO EXPERIENCE in then calling me ignorant for not agreeing with something he based on pure bullshit
    Go read his posting history. He started in a kata centric karate ryu.

Leave a comment:

• Patcherson
    replied
    Originally posted by Styygens View Post
    Well... I've learned something from all this.

Increased font size makes one more right. Size does matter.

Now you know. And knowing is half the battle!
    haha xD

it doesn't make me more right it emphasizes my point

Leave a comment:

• Styygens
    replied
    Well... I've learned something from all this.

Increased font size makes one more right. Size does matter.

Now you know. And knowing is half the battle!

Leave a comment:

• Patcherson
    replied
    [quote=foxguitar;2188015]
    Originally posted by DerAuslander108 View Post
    what strikes me funny here you are a bald white american of Austrian descent and you speak and try to act asian . I would think you are the more worshipful one there brother.

And having an opinion and feeling certain ways after studying with respected instructors doesnt make me wrong or those old Okinawan or Japanese Masters wrong . I just think differently as so do they.

And I thought a forum was to express opinions not to go with the mob rule.
    I agree no matter what is said its always put down for instance DerAuslander108 actually agreeing katas work then ridicling shotokan karate because its not "his way of karate"

and 1point2 who's never even done karate trying to say something about an art he has NO EXPERIENCE in then calling me ignorant for not agreeing with something he based on pure bullshit

Leave a comment:

• Patcherson
    replied
    Originally posted by 1point2 View Post
    Shut the fuck up, you ignorant half-assed pretentious cock.

Try contributing to the site a little. Try actually saying something of worth. Try using correct grammar. Try not being a little punk on these boards.

Do you even know what this site is about? Do us a favor and don't post for six months. Lurk the forums a little while and reconsider whether this is the place for you. I'll give you a hint: we aren't MAP, we don't care about your stupid wrong "opinions", and we're trying to discuss and advocate for specific aspects of martial arts.
    this made me laugh xD thanks

Leave a comment:

• foxguitar
    replied
    [quote=DerAuslander108;2187864]Right.

You're so worshipful of old Japanese men, you can't stomach the fact that they might have been wrong about the nature of their martial art & its training, because they were only given a limited glimpse of what their martial art actually was. That is not my individual criticism, that is historical fact. Any scholarly research into karate's history will support me.

what strikes me funny here you are a bald white american of Austrian descent and you speak and try to act asian . I would think you are the more worshipful one there brother.

And having an opinion and feeling certain ways after studying with respected instructors doesnt make me wrong or those old Okinawan or Japanese Masters wrong . I just think differently as so do they.

And I thought a forum was to express opinions not to go with the mob rule.

Leave a comment:

• foxguitar
    replied
    Originally posted by 1point2 View Post

Try contributing to the site a little. Try actually saying something of worth. Try using correct grammar. Try not being a little punk on these boards.

Do you even know what this site is about? Do us a favor and don't post for six months. Lurk the forums a little while and reconsider whether this is the place for you. I'll give you a hint: we aren't MAP, we don't care about your stupid wrong "opinions", and we're trying to discuss and advocate for specific aspects of martial arts.
    See heres where we disagree you are only advocating what you believe to be your versions of specific martial arts .

Anybody who has the opinion that differs from the mob is attacked and ridiculed.

you cant have Karatedo no matter what style even Kyokushin which is rightfully held to high esteem by most of you guys without the practice of Kata . And To alot of people especially highly established Karate people kata helps you develop your Karate which means Kata Kihon and Kumite .

Yes as we said before Kata alone no but combined with other factors will help . And Im speaking of karate not BJJ or muay Thai im not experienced so I dont speak of them .

Leave a comment:

• Patcherson
    replied
    has anyone read the first post xD

this is supposto be about
    Karate Do Shotokai

style differences from other styles not [I]DerAuslander108[/"]No BS MMA and Martial Arts - View Profile: [email protected]@[email protected]@View Profile: DerAuslander108</title>@@[email protected]@DerAuslander108 trying to prove he is a grandmaster or sumit

Leave a comment:

• 1point2
    replied
    Originally posted by Patcherson View Post
    and as if you do?

Leave a comment:

• Patcherson
    replied
    Fox, shut the fuck up. No one here has said kata suck. Your idea of the purpose of kata sucks.

Neither of you have a clue what you're talking about. You have only ever studied school children level karate, passed on by a teacher who didn't have a clue as to what his art actually contained.
    and as if you do?

Leave a comment:

• foxguitar
    replied
    Right.

You don't know.

So shut the fuck up & let the grown-ups talk instead of spitting the same ignorant bullshit over & over.

You don't know enough to take part in the conversation, thus when someone says something, you spin out of control & accuse people of things they didn't say.

For example, I am one of the foremost advocates for the necessity of kata in karate training. However, I can't even start that conversation with you, because you're too busy spouting your ignorant bullshit based off of an extremely limited understanding of elementary school karate.

I'm tired of having to talk to a 50-year old man with a career in law enforcement the same way I have to talk to the 15 year olds who come on this site thinking they know everything after watching one UFC.

Can we have an adult conversation or not?

You're so worshipful of old Japanese men, you can't stomach the fact that they might have been wrong about the nature of their martial art & its training, because they were only given a limited glimpse of what their martial art actually was. That is not my individual criticism, that is historical fact. Any scholarly research into karate's history will support me.

The purpose of this forum is to discuss progressive training in the traditional martial arts. For that to occur, a complete understanding of those arts is necessary. If you are completely happy with your training in Shotokan & derive pleasure & personal benefit, then I am glad for you & wish you the best of luck in your path. If you are not interested in discussing the continued development of karate, then I recommend you look at other forums to post on. If you cannot follow this forums Terms of Service, you are trolling.

You have derailed several discussions on several different forums with your inanity to the point where many consider you nothing but a troll.

Are you a troll?

Are you willing to have a mature, rational discussion?

Ok Im willing but are you also willing to do it in away thats give and take and not lose yoour mind if someone dares to think different.

I am definitely willing to engage in a non mudslinging intelligent discussion

Leave a comment:

• DerAuslander
    replied
    Right.

You don't know.

So shut the fuck up & let the grown-ups talk instead of spitting the same ignorant bullshit over & over.

You don't know enough to take part in the conversation, thus when someone says something, you spin out of control & accuse people of things they didn't say.

For example, I am one of the foremost advocates for the necessity of kata in karate training. However, I can't even start that conversation with you, because you're too busy spouting your ignorant bullshit based off of an extremely limited understanding of elementary school karate.

I'm tired of having to talk to a 50-year old man with a career in law enforcement the same way I have to talk to the 15 year olds who come on this site thinking they know everything after watching one UFC.

Can we have an adult conversation or not?

The purpose of this forum is to discuss progressive training in the traditional martial arts. For that to occur, a complete understanding of those arts is necessary. If you are completely happy with your training in Shotokan & derive pleasure & personal benefit, then I am glad for you & wish you the best of luck in your path. If you are not interested in discussing the continued development of karate, then I recommend you look at other forums to post on. If you cannot follow this forums Terms of Service, you are trolling.

You have derailed several discussions on several different forums with your inanity to the point where many consider you nothing but a troll.

Are you a troll?

Are you willing to have a mature, rational discussion?

Leave a comment:

• foxguitar
    replied
    No, Fox.

A) Tell me what the original purpose of kata was in tode-tegumi.

B) Given that, tell me what it's place was in the training regimine for combat.

This is the only thing that will be discussed here. No one else is to comment.

If you do not know, Fox, simply respond that you don't know.
    OK I dont know , What Ive read was thats how the art was Taught , And the difference was they didnt practice the exhorbitant amount of Kata like prevalent today for example Choki Motubu only did Naihanci .

But I know they didnt do sport Karate then . The fights were real and people died and there was no 2nd place trophy. its alot different today .

Leave a comment:

• DerAuslander
    replied
    Originally posted by foxguitar View Post
    Why dont you tell me oh great one :bowdown:
    No, Fox.

A) Tell me what the original purpose of kata was in tode-tegumi.

B) Given that, tell me what it's place was in the training regimine for combat.

This is the only thing that will be discussed here. No one else is to comment.

If you do not know, Fox, simply respond that you don't know.

Leave a comment:

• honesty
    replied
    In my view kata (the 1 man dancing versions) are a simple catalogue of moves you should already know - it is a way to transmit knowledge of the art to a student like a dictionary would. Its not meant to be the way you learn the moves though. Further I'd say in the modern age where we can record moves etc. kata are mostly now useless.

Leave a comment:

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
X