Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Shaolin monks: Genuine fighters?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #16
    This argument = epic fail

    Comment


      #17
      3 Cptn Cook Drive Caringbah Gracie Sydney 12:00 - 1:00 epic fail

      Comment


        #18
        Originally posted by YeEr0s_K1nG
        ok listen here fuck wit,
        oh no im not manly enough to do something, why dont u stop being an internet hero, wow look at me swp grandmaster
        well u know what fuck you. this site aint about proving whose more manlier coz u no wat i dont care if u rekon ur king shit, think ur mad coz u can pick on me, when i was saying something to someone, ur just a troublemaker and for a grandmaster, you do seem rather agro, and hostile.
        were not dealign with kung fu as a whole, but what do the monks do shao lin. what is shaolin. wait isnt it kung fu. so seriously just stfu (shut the fuck up)

        and 1 more thing ur arguing over quality, but instead of trying to disprove the shit im saying why dont you actually look and u will see but then again ur another blind fucken gook
        Please leave the internet until you are old enough to communicate your point like an adult. Thanks, bye.
        Shut the hell up and train.

        Comment


          #19
          Originally posted by YeEr0s_K1nG
          3 Cptn Cook Drive Caringbah Gracie Sydney 12:00 - 1:00 epic fail
          lol, yeh on fridays.

          Comment


            #20
            Let the people who believe it put forward the evidence.

            Comment


              #21
              Virus, next time you meet a shaolin monk, just punch him in the face. Then your curiosity will be satisfied.

              Comment


                #22
                Here's something I posted in the CMA section a few weeks ago:

                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jOt_3OO0EdE

                Whether or not it counts, you decide.

                Comment


                  #23
                  Originally posted by YeEr0s_K1nG
                  1 more thing ur arguing over quality, but instead of trying to disprove the shit im saying why dont you actually look and u will see but then again ur another blind fucken gook
                  no one can understand what you say, because your keyboard is jammed up and you can't use most of the keys. You keep saying it was orange soda, but that's just bullshit. Its dried cum you twit: take a shower, brush your teeth and change your fucking clothes you disgusting pig. Thats right, we have a dress code here: put on your clip-on before you can come up from the little boys table.

                  Comment


                    #24
                    Originally posted by NJM
                    Here's something I posted in the CMA section a few weeks ago:

                    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jOt_3OO0EdE

                    Whether or not it counts, you decide.
                    Doesn't actually say anything about them being trained at the Shaolin Temple. The comp might have just been hosted there.

                    Comment


                      #25
                      One of the big problems here is, what are you considering a shaolin monk? Someone who wears the robe and does kungfu? Do they have to practice Buddhism? Are we talking about how the shaolin temple is run now, or how it was run 1,000 years ago? The reason people have stupid arguments about this topic, is that no one can agree on what a shaolin monk is.

                      Comment


                        #26
                        Any monk who lives and trains in a suitibly small forest.

                        Comment


                          #27
                          How many trees are in a small forest? Must be more than 50 but less than 200?

                          Comment


                            #28
                            Originally posted by YeEr0s_K1nG
                            ok listen here fuck wit,
                            oh no im not manly enough to do something, why dont u stop being an internet hero, wow look at me swp grandmaster
                            well u know what fuck you. this site aint about proving whose more manlier coz u no wat i dont care if u rekon ur king shit, think ur mad coz u can pick on me, when i was saying something to someone, ur just a troublemaker and for a grandmaster, you do seem rather agro, and hostile.
                            were not dealign with kung fu as a whole, but what do the monks do shao lin. what is shaolin. wait isnt it kung fu. so seriously just stfu (shut the fuck up)

                            and 1 more thing ur arguing over quality, but instead of trying to disprove the shit im saying why dont you actually look and u will see but then again ur another blind fucken gook
                            This is not even worth responding to, so instead I'll talk about the topic at hand. The argument is NOT about Kung Fu. Sanda is a pretty good indication that Kung Fu can be useful, and there is a professional fighter usernamed Omega on bullshido who does Kung Fu. The argument was about Shaolin monks as a representative for the style and whether or not they're as good as popular culture would have you believe.

                            Also I'm not really grandmaster, it's a joke. No one on this site would call themselves grandmaster and be serious. And I didn't know "gook" was a slur against half-irish half-jewish ignorant white boys. Learn something new every day.

                            Comment


                              #29
                              Originally posted by G-Off

                              Also I'm not really grandmaster, it's a joke. No one on this site would call themselves grandmaster and be serious.
                              No one that considers themselves a member would. Shaolin Monks traveling troop and the supposed tourist guys are performers.

                              Oh and the ones that the tourists pay an ungodly amount to train with are performers.

                              Comment


                                #30
                                Originally by Hui_Xiu
                                How many trees are in a small forest? Must be more than 50 but less than 200?
                                Interesting question. I would probably judge it based on the the size relative to temple, rather than the number of trees, which presents its own difficulties (what is a tree? Do saplings count?).

                                The forest, IMHO, should be large enough so that the temple cannot be seen from the outside, yet small enough so that, having entered the forest, the temple cannot be avoided.

                                If your first sight is of an elderly gentleman diligently sweeping the temple steps to the rythmic sound of people being thrashed with bundles of bamboo, while the horns of bulls litter the ground, then you're probably in the right place.

                                Comment

                                Collapse

                                Edit this module to specify a template to display.

                                Working...
                                X