Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Man, this just does not end. Perhaps there is a visionairy TKD'er who can bring balance to the force that is Taegwando

Comment

If you were in YMAS section you'd have a point. This is the KMA section and until myself, everyone in here practices/ed TKD.

Technically I did to but, not ATA.

Comment

thanks to shu2jack aka jack smail. though i am very against the ATA at least they members like you who try to keep it real. i appreciate the nonbiased nature of this faq.
        Great. You HAD to fucking tell everyone my name. Now I am going to have too kill you and go underground, you bastard. =D

I would appreciate it if this thread was kept clear of non-ATA related posts. The purpose of this thread was so people wouldn't have to go through 50 pages of ATA threads to get answers. (I know, I know. I'm not the mod here)

That said. KHF, you need to chill. If you are happy with your school, then everything is cool. Otherwise you have to realize that there are other styles and organizations out there that - as a whole - are going to do a better job training people how to fight and defend themselves. You also have to realize that if your ATA school is good for exercise and "personal development", then your instructor needs to stop telling his students he is teaching TKD/Martial arts and needs to start being honest about what he is actually teaching. Physical fitness and personal development.

Comment

I was happy with my TKD school until the first time I sparred outside my TKD school.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt W.
            No mention of ATA's association with Krav Maga. Every ATA school I remember when I lived in the Orlando area had a Krav Maga class. What gives?

Sorry, I missed your post Matt W.

What about ATA's association with Krav Maga? I mean besides the fact that a fighting system needs a another fighting system to work in a self-defense situation?

Don't misunderstand me, from what I little have read/seen, I like Krav. My problem is that all the techniques found in Krav can be found in the ATA. Some of the theory/philosophy Krav has, I have shared and tried to put into practice with my ATA training before I knew of Krav. So why not just train your striking art better instead of gouging students for more money and making your art look weak?

Comment

Originally posted by Shu2jack
              Sorry, I missed your post Matt W.
              So why not just train your striking art better instead of gouging students for more money and making your art look weak?
              Did you just answer your own question?

Comment

I know the answer, but sometimes a question must be asked.

I think most ATA schools use the F.I.G.H.T. or Krav Maga system because they either want to generate more income, or they do not know how to use their TKD. Go back to the FAQ and look at the part about ATA students sucking.

Comment

Good FAQ, very thorough and honest without being apologetic. A school is only as good as its teachers. Bad teachers produce bad students. A bad teacher in any style is still Rex Kwon Do.

Comment

ATA has been referred to as a McDojo, and I agree in as much as it is (like McDonald's) a very successful worldwide business that serves the masses. Most of us are trying to get in better shape and learn some skills, it is a great program for kids and for us "average" people, but as in all areas of life, look out for poorly-run franchises and avoid them, DUH.

Comment

Originally posted by ATA OK
                      ATA has been referred to as a McDojo, and I agree in as much as it is (like McDonald's) a very successful worldwide business that serves the masses. Most of us are trying to get in better shape and learn some skills, it is a great program for kids and for us "average" people, but as in all areas of life, look out for poorly-run franchises and avoid them, DUH.
                      Thank you for your pointless post and agreement that ATA is like McDonalds:

YouTube - Fragment Super Size Me bio

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pEM0T1Ar5Qo

Comment

Originally posted by ATA OK
                        If you're looking to spend the money to get the empty greasy calories, then all the power to you. I'll be spending the same money to get a nice healthy and delicious meal . . . hope the analogy works for you.

Comment

wow im sure u eat that shit every day

Comment

yea its bullshit womens self defense i did krav long before mma and i am sad 2 see how its been twisted for billy blanks type faggets 2 get paid! im sure u will all agree?

Comment

And BANNED in 8 posts, nice record dude. Now gtfo my interwebz.

Comment

This was a very honest and correct assessment of the ATA. I spent 10 years in the ATA and I observed the same things in my time there.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X