No announcement yet.

Roger Conant's article on Togakure Ryu History

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And what's the MMA guy's name? When did that occur?

Comment

And why do you put ninjutsu down as your primary style if you hated it and have a black belt in Hapkido?

Comment

black belt in tkd(i wish i had one in hapkido) which is very usefull if your stronger and faster and/or faster than your opponent

and i don't won't it to seem like no martial art is good enough or that they are all useless, just that they all have weakness(and this of course varies from school to school).

the real point i want to make is that expereince makes a good fighter/survivor/whatever not the style or teacher.
        by the way i put my primary style as ninjutsu because i believe that style has more to do with mind set than technique. (this is based on conclusions from researched material of ninjustsu and its history)

Comment

Originally posted by liekuei
          black belt in tkd(i wish i had one in hapkido) which is very usefull if your stronger and faster and/or faster than your opponent
          :icon_scra

Comment

the real point i want to make is that expereince makes a good fighter/survivor/whatever not the style or teacher.
            by the way i put my primary style as ninjutsu because i believe that style has more to do with mind set than technique. (this is based on conclusions from researched material of ninjustsu and its history)
            Dude...this is really silly.

I mean, like REALLY silly.

As in, "Kitten Wearing a Beanie" silly.

"Ninjutsu" isn't a state of mind.

This is as goofy as saying, "I put Contract Killer in my style field cuz I, like, train to kill people for money even though I've never killed anyone nor used a gun nor ever dun N E thing danjerus...but it duz not mattr bcuz I'm, like, a Contract Killer in my head."

For the love of the Beanie Kitten, please remove "Ninjutsu" from your style field unless you actually study something called "Ninjutsu".

Comment

ah but i do study ninjutsu in the only form ninjutsu can be proven to exist today... history

if there is some proof out there that ninjutsu exist today in a form not derived from someone else studying historicall documents let me in on it plz!! only things i've heard to be ninjutsu lack proof.(though i must admit that wouldn't be to odd for ninjutsu) and i have a hard time believing that much of hatsumi isn't fraudulent not to mention the fact that takamatsu was a very questionable fellow who obviously embelished more than a few things.(all research done, questioned, and eventually accepted as the closest thing known to truth by this very website)

the silly part would just be to lie on your back and let someone spoon feed you material that you can reasearch yourself.(cuts down on about half of verification time)

Comment

I'd think a scholar like you could at least write better English. It makes you more credible in whatever you are saying.

Yeah, this is kind of ironic since this is coming from someone who learned English as a second (or third..) language.

Comment

unfortunately for me my professeurs say the same thing.
                  thank the lord for spell check!!!

Comment

ah but i do study ninjutsu in the only form ninjutsu can be proven to exist today... history

if there is some proof out there that ninjutsu exist today in a form not derived from someone else studying historicall documents let me in on it plz!!
                    There are a couple of Koryu that have Ninjutsu as part of their curriculum.

Comment

that sounds very interesting. could you give me the names of some of those ryu I would truly be interested in studying what can't be learned from paper alone.

by the way hopefully there are some schools that teach these styles near me(that would make life more fun)

Comment

unfortunately for me my professeurs say the same thing.
                        thank the lord for spell check!!!
                        Oh if only you used it.

:byewhore:

Comment

Originally posted by Satori
                          Dude...this is really silly.

I mean, like REALLY silly.

As in, "Kitten Wearing a Beanie" silly.
                          At least the kitten wearing beanie is cute...

Comment

i'd say i was cute too but i think i have just about used up our off topic conversations

p.s.
                            i did kinda share the kitten picture with someone, she though it was cute as well

Comment

What i would like to know is where did that reserch come from, my brother seen some papers that Hutsami had and my brother came home and said it was legit, and so im starting to wonder myself just the fact that Gyokyo ryu is the same, sep its much older. so if anyone has info on Taijutsu of where the history comes from let me know?

Comment

Originally posted by Gary001
                                Wow - I've been with the Bujinkan for about 4 years, I don't really mind whats written on here becasue I'm confident the training I do is practical and exceptional. I am very happy with the training and I believe it is 'real'.
                                and that what counts IMHO.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X