No announcement yet.

Roger Conant's article on Togakure Ryu History

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i wouldn't say that bujikan sucks so much as they falsely advertise that they teach ninjutsu
    as a ninja you should be more concerned about blinding and escaping than grappling your opponent to the ground or imagining that you'll be fast enough to strike the opponent exactly where you want too
    and you can trust that, i've grown up fighting all my life it's one of those things you have to do when cant escape. it happens alot where i live

Comment

Originally posted by Plasma
      Please describe your "strategy" for defeating a trained MMA fighters that out weighs you by 100 pounds.

I'd have Asia on speed dial :icon_boun

Comment

Originally posted by spooky
        I'd have Asia on speed dial :icon_boun

Because Asia can teleport over to England.

Comment

Originally posted by liekuei
          i wouldn't say that bujikan sucks so much as they falsely advertise that they teach ninjutsu
          as a ninja you should be more concerned about blinding and escaping than grappling your opponent to the ground or imagining that you'll be fast enough to strike the opponent exactly where you want too
          and you can trust that, i've grown up fighting all my life it's one of those things you have to do when cant escape. it happens alot where i live

So your primary style is "blinding and escaping" I assume with powder? Do you carry powder with you?

We claim to have defeated larger MMA fighters, how? under what rule set?

How long have you been in the Bujinkan. who have you studied under, and what styles do you have expirence in?

Comment

Have a word with Slidey, he's our Oracle for UK and associated TDs. You can invite the ninjers.

Comment

What are you insinuating he can't???

Comment

maybe the reason you can't verify the existance of Toda is because. hes. a. NINJA (duh!)

Comment

Originally posted by spooky
                  What are you insinuating he can't???
                  We all know Asia can do anything so I am agreeing.

Comment

So apparently, we scared away liekuei. Probably off inventing the "r34l ninjutsu" and beating up cage fighters in his mind.

Comment

In his mind? Man, that's nothing. I was in the buj for years and I can beat up cage fighters in my dreams!!!!!1eleven!1

Comment

all ninjutsu starts in the mind, to bad we can't just ask takamatsu how he got such a creative mind to invent so much!

by the fear is a welcome component of life, it helps us stay alive, motivates me to spend every possible moment with my daughter,motivates make money to support my family, and even at times motivates my to train to protect my family. However, it does not motivate me, participate in forums on the internet, boast about how great i am, or proove myself to people i will never work for. So i apologise for not making your forum a priority and i will be easier to reach at [email protected] if you want a quick answer on one of my more important days.

Comment

Originally posted by liekuei
                          all ninjutsu starts in the mind, to bad we can't just ask takamatsu how he got such a creative mind to invent so much!

by the fear is a welcome component of life, it helps us stay alive, motivates me to spend every possible moment with my daughter,motivates make money to support my family, and even at times motivates my to train to protect my family. However, it does not motivate me, participate in forums on the internet, boast about how great i am, or proove myself to people i will never work for. So i apologise for not making your forum a priority and i will be easier to reach at [email protected] if you want a quick answer on one of my more important days.
                          Shadow_Ronin...is that you?
                          :icon_razz

Comment

Originally posted by Rubber Tanto
                            Shadow_Ronin...is that you?
                            :icon_razz

no unfortunately i am not this person. On the other hand, i could be dreaming i am who i appear to be write now and maybe none of this is real.

Comment

Man, liekuei is a master ninja. He's masterfully dodging Plazma's questions.

On a related note, this is worth highlighting

This is a good example of a huge problem for the Togakure crowd. Ironically, this is some of the best evidence available that Togakure ryu is not a traditional Japanese martial art dating to the pre-modern era. .

Comment

ah of course how rude of me to skip out on my interrogation

Other training i've had:
                                TKD and Hapkido (black and green belt) under Master Kim of St. Simmons Is., GA
                                MMA under Kary Williams of Brunswick, GA
                                Mok Gar Kung Fu under Brandon Scott (but i doubt his legitamcy)
                                Being a criminal under my older brother (but i wouldn't recommend it unless you like cops)
                                Fighting on th street (the worst is when your mistaken for a gang member for dressin odd)

Training in the Bujinkan:
                                about 1.5 years wasted under Doug Norman ( i would probly still be training unrealistically for a fight if i hadn't moved the hell away from there)

(this is a goud one) Do i carry blinding powder with me:
                                no unless i happen to be on my way to a chilli cook off. but i will spit or feint an attack, pretty much any momentary distraction to "blind" my advesary's attention.

I think i have already stated primarily how (though if it needs "clearing up" let me know, so we will move on to: what rule set did i beat an MMA fighter:(colons are great!)
                                simple no nut shoots is all he requested, rest assured there was no eye gouging or hair pulling.(or those other little things you MMA guys hate so much)

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X