This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KidSpatula
    And this is a great tragedy in the martial arts. If you don't want to be a fighter, what the hell are you doing taking a martial art?
    You must be bored and simply wanted to come in to the Korean MA review section and troll because you can not honestly be this close-minded or idiotic. If this is really what you believe than your no better for our sport than this guy....

Originally posted by KidSpatula
    Iaido is nonsense.

Someone should really have martial arts nerds like you only be in charge of all the martial arts nerd school review sections and someone who actually knows what they're talking about in charge of the combat school section.
    Once again PLEASE TELL ME YOU ARE TROLLING!!!!

Oh yeah, YOU ARE POSTING THIS SHIT IN THE KOREAN MA SECTION YOU FUCKING DOUCHBAG!!!!!

Comment

The RBSD -vs- Sport Fighting conversation was moved to here....

The age old deebate of RBSD -vs- Sport Fighting - No BS Martial Arts

Comment

Once again PLEASE TELL ME YOU ARE TROLLING!!!!

Oh yeah, YOU ARE POSTING THIS SHIT IN THE KOREAN MA SECTION YOU FUCKING DOUCHBAG!!!!!
        Thank you . . . . . he needed that okay I needed that

And this is a great tragedy in the martial arts. If you don't want to be a fighter, what the hell are you doing taking a martial art?
        Here are some possible answers

1) Physical Exercise

2) Older than dirt - but still like to practice the art

3) Increase the connection between mind and body - some bodies do come with brains.

4) My damn feet are to big to be a dancer but are just right for performance kicks

5) To make little morons ask stupid questions

6) Personal preference - diversity is the dessert of life ya know.

7) NYFB - none your fucking business

Geez some people just don't get it.

My question umm oh yea

Would I be to much of a whine bag if I made the suggestion that reviews at least include the state ,country, longitude/ latitude in the title As some one from Texas I am glad to hear they have what I am looking for in New York but it really doesn't help me to find a school in my area. At least if people put their state or their country in the title I won't be reading through crap reviewed in Germany -

If this is out of the question then so be it. I figured it wouldn 't hurt to make the suggestion I just thought having the general location of the school being reviewed might make it easier for those of us here looking for schools . . .

PS Yes I am lazy that and I have a limited life expectancy. !
        Last edited by Point_Blank; 11/29/2008 1:17am, . Reason: forgot question

Comment

"6-7: Comprehensive grappling with success in local/regional competition or practical application (LEO, military)."

don't Law Enforcement Officers go out of their way to avoid grappling in any capacity, and certainly ne Waza type situations? Why would this be the yardstick for this category?

Comment

Because they actively work on these specific situations.

Also, do you understand the website?
            Last edited by It is Fake; 2/25/2009 11:28am, .

Comment

Originally posted by Mugsy View Post
              "6-7: Comprehensive grappling with success in local/regional competition or practical application (LEO, military)."

don't Law Enforcement Officers go out of their way to avoid grappling in any capacity, and certainly ne Waza type situations? Why would this be the yardstick for this category?
              Grappling in that context includes ogoshi-ing suspects to the ground, wristlocking a shiv out of a convict's hand, and Kimura-ing perps, armbarring convicts, and scrambling to stand up from an unexpected or unsprawled tackle.

All of those are specific references to people I know or have read here on Bullshido from corrections, bouncers or cops. Search the site and ask LEOs you know. Joint techniques, throws, and groundwork are part and parcel of LEO activity. It's not ideal, but you don't always get to determine where the fight goes.

Comment

Also, make sure you understand the definition of grappling. As 1point2 did in his overly complicated way, grappling includes many control tactics, holds, chokes, taking subjects to the ground etc.

Remember grappling isn't just armbars and triangles on the ground. In other words, grappling=/=BJJ/Sambo/Wrestling exclusively.

Comment

IIF and "blockhead", your interwebz rhetoric showdown has been moved here....game on!!!! Just not here, please.

How do rate LEO grappling "expertise/training"... - No BS Martial Arts

KTHXBI

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                  X