Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kaizen Kan Tucson???

Hello,

I'm new around here, so if I do something wrong, please tell me. Thanks.

Looking around for a martial arts school in Tucson and bumped into Kaizen Kan.

Its a kyokushin/kodokan judo place. There's a little caption on the site: BAS-I KYOKUSHIN KARATE ORGANIZATION ARIZONA HOMBU - Anyone know what this is? Is the place legit?

Thank you

Welcome, mgleet. Moved your inquiry to the appropriate forum.
    Consider for a moment that there is no meme about brown-haired, brown-eyed step children.

Comment

Originally posted by submessenger View Post
      Welcome, mgleet. Moved your inquiry to the appropriate forum.
      Thank you

Comment

Ok, so a quick review of their site and a couple of other checks leads me to believe that they are reasonably legitimate.

Judo and Kyokushin are 2 of the very few traditional martial arts that have realistic training methods which can impart usable physical skills related to fighting.
        The Judo club IS registered with USA Judo with Mr. Wintin as its instructor.

The Kyokushin instructors don't make any outrageous claims. Just state their training and qualifications fairly straightforwardly.

My advice, drop in, check it out and let us know what you find out.

Comment

Interesting choice of name, kaizen is Japanese for continuous positive improvement.

Toyota used the name in their automotive engineering philosophy.

Basically the word is at the heart of quality assurance, and heavily influenced things like Six Sigma.

Comment

Originally posted by AcerTempest View Post
            Ok, so a quick review of their site and a couple of other checks leads me to believe that they are reasonably legitimate.

Judo and Kyokushin are 2 of the very few traditional martial arts that have realistic training methods which can impart usable physical skills related to fighting.
            The Judo club IS registered with USA Judo with Mr. Wintin as its instructor.

The Kyokushin instructors don't make any outrageous claims. Just state their training and qualifications fairly straightforwardly.

My advice, drop in, check it out and let us know what you find out.
            Thank you for the check. I'm finishing up midterms and finals right now, so I'll get back to you all on my drop in, in about 2 weeks time.

Comment

Originally posted by W. Rabbit View Post
              Interesting choice of name, kaizen is Japanese for continuous positive improvement.

Toyota used the name in their automotive engineering philosophy.

Basically the word is at the heart of quality assurance, and heavily influenced things like Six Sigma.
              Interesting. Thanks for the comment.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
              X