Announcement

Collapse

FORUM MAINTENANCE

FORUM MAINTENANCE THIS EVENING!!! PLEASE BE AWARE THAT THE FORUMS WILL NOT BE AVAILABLE FOR A PERIOD OF TIME. JOIN US ON THE DISCORD, INSTEAD!
See more
See less

judo(bb) vs bjj(bb)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

judo(bb) vs bjj(bb)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hm3kJXZ9SIQ

judo vs bjj
    a very good fight.

sometimes a judoka can win.

Old video.

Comment

sorry, did not know :-)

greets

Comment

There's got to be a way to send some kind of sterilizing radiation through YouTube. Some of the geniuses that posted comments on that vid seriousy need to be removed from the gene pool.

Comment

Man I can't stand watching BJJers sometimes. It seems like they take the easy way out and always try to pull the opponent into their guard.

Comment

I'm sick of everyone saying b.j.j is the best martial art out there

AND I TRAIN B.J.J...

PROOF that I'm not a completely useless poster:
            http://www.bullshido.net/forums/show...0&postcount=58

Originally posted by Cy Q. Faunce
            3moose1 is correct. Sig THAT, you fucker.

Originally posted by sochin101
            I went out with a delightful young woman who was on a regimen of pills that made her taste of burned onions.
            That is not conducive to passionate cunnilingus, my friend, let me assure you.
            Originally posted by HappyOldGuy
            I agree with moosey

Comment

Ive found that from school to school the emphasis on ground fighting vs standing throws varies, though there is decidedly more emphasis on throws regardless.

Comment

I kind of understand pulling guard when dealing with a judoka, since throwing is what they excel in. That doesn't make it less lame, though.
                Curiosity killed the cat. But damn it had a blast.

Comment

It's interesting watching the BJJ guy flop into the guard over and over again. At least the judo guy know how to defend and pass his guard. Judoka should spar against BJJ guys more often. Usually when a judo guy spars against a different style that doesn't emphasize throws, it a stand up striking style like karate or a wrestling style that emphasizes single/double leg takedowns (freestyle) or upper body suplexes (Greco-Roman). But BJJ passes over that and flops into the guard repeatedly. This makes it hard to get in a good throw unless you are prepared for it. That's not really a street fighting tactic at all. I can't think of one occasion where I've seen an untrained fighter just flop into the guard in a regular fight. Judo can improve when it adapts to unorthodox styles. Look at the impact that Sombo had on Judo. Sombo fighters were able to beat Judo fighters. Eventually some judoka were able to adapt and win in Sombo matches. It would be interesting to see how judoka can learn how to execute clean throws repeatedly against BJJ guys.
                  Last edited by TroyForum; 3/12/2008 4:36pm, .

Comment

Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

t-nation - Dissecting the deadlift. Anatomy and Muscle Balancing Videos.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris

Comment

is it just me or did anyone else notice that nasty ass brown stain running down the butt of the judoka's gi?

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                      X