Announcement

Collapse

FORUM MAINTENANCE

FORUM MAINTENANCE THIS EVENING!!! PLEASE BE AWARE THAT THE FORUMS WILL NOT BE AVAILABLE FOR A PERIOD OF TIME. JOIN US ON THE DISCORD, INSTEAD!
See more
See less

BJJ vs Boxing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BJJ vs Boxing

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EzU0gI70kl8

From an Australian MMA comp.

The boxer was going for a guillotine?
    Originally posted by Goju - joe
    being a dick with skill is only marginally better than being a dick without skill.

Comment

I knew the white guy was BJJ right away due to the crappy shot.
      I surprised he didn't pass to side mount when he had the chance. Person on bottom holding the guillotine with 'butterfly' guard that could have been passed, fence or no fence. Whoop, there you go, the did it the second time.

During the guillotine choke earlier on he intentionally made choking sounds so that his opponent thought the technique was working. He did this to help tire him out.
      BJJ Wins again!
      Surfing Facebook at work? Spread the good word by adding us on Facebook today! https://www.facebook.com/Bullshido

https://www.instagram.com/bullshido/

Comment

It's been said, but what a godawful shot that was. I found myself thinking, "dammit, you are not allowed to win like that." Hilarious about the choking noises if true, though.

Comment

This is what irritates me most about alot of BJJ guys, including myself. Sucky takedowns.

Comment

Sprawl=Win.

Comment

A guillotine over the arm? Now that's just ridiculous.

Comment

Originally posted by KayRoc
                This is what irritates me most about alot of BJJ guys, including myself. Sucky takedowns.
                You beat me to it. I can't even tell if that was him taking the boxer down, or if the boxer just decided he'd fall. It looks more like the latter.

I'm glad I wrestled and did sambo so I have a good background in takedowns when I started training in BJJ.

Comment

Lame.

A typical night of sparring at my dojo is more exciting than that -- and it says Aikido & Sword out front.

Did these guys actually get paid to do that?

The youtube writeup says "He was not challenged on the ground in this fight."

Dude. It took him 5 minutes to win on the ground against a guy who didn't even know how to shrimp!

BzzzzZZZZzz! (shooing away hand motion)

Comment

why do they make boxers wear gloves

bare fisted alot of boxers could ko mma guys in 1 punch like tommy morrison did

Comment

Everyone talking shit about the BJJ and Boxing guy's performance, please post your fight videos fighting in the cage or ring.
                      Originally posted by Sifu Rudy Abel
                      "Just what makes a pure grappler think he can survive with an experienced striker. Especially if that striker isn't following any particular rule set and is well aware of what the grapplers strategies are".

Comment

shitty takedown... shitty side control....

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                        X