No announcement yet.

Aikido vs Muay Thai

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Agranjero, seeing the video for this thread is chiefly important to commenting about it. The conversation is more of "look how fake and bullshido this video is" as opposed to "aikido doesn't work, and this is proof". The video is obviously an exhibition match [not a great one at that] to showcase the techniques of both styles.

Comment

Well, I know I haven't seen the video but I have no doubt it was staged. With a good muy thai fighter, the best the average aikidoka could hope for is to run away. And before I get blasted for this, Yoseikan started as an Aiki style and that was part of my point in my response, our creators realized real fast that aiki is ineffective against any good fighter from any style. It is what led to the creation of Yoseikan as the mixed martial art style that it is. No, the average aiki only person is going to take a beating and the idea that you could even get kotegaishi on a muy thai fighter is pretty ridiculous. Now the idea of a showcase, as long as it is advertised as "this is staged to see the strengths and weaknesses of each style" , that may not be a bad idea or show, but it certainly would not be a "fight" in any sense of the word.

Comment

Aikidos got its uses. I believe law enforcement officers value it for its arm and joint locks . As the police cant go round punching people without getting sued they need something that debilitates without injuring.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
        X