No announcement yet.

Fang Shen Do: Sordid History

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok, I see the pic (looks cudly). If you have a scan PM it to me and I'll put it up.
    "Sifu, I"m niether - I'm a fire dragon so don't fuck with me!"

Comment

For some reason I don't seem to be able to PM you. Do you have a hotmail account that you don't mind exposing to all the FSD weirdos that are monitoring this thread?

Comment

There is a post restriction I think it is 10.

Comment

Ok guys, some more research. I went to the Canadian copyright database

Comment

The policy here is that you can reprint these addresses.

Comment

Per: http://web.archive.org/web/199910222...m/wcdinst.html

"Jacques Patenaude - Retired - (DISCLAIMER) Attended a two week basic instructors program in 1979 in Sedro Wooley, Washington. Attended a few weekend training seminars. Did not train past the basics. Made a copy of WCD training notes without permission and was allowed to keep them with the promise he would not publish them in any form. He abused the agreement by publishing articles from the notes on the WCD wooden dummy training, Phon Sao and made a video on Closing the Gap techniques in WCD. The tape is an embarrassment to the WCD system since the techniques shown were not only incorrect, but poorly done. Jacques was not authorized to award rank past the grey basic level but went on to award Black Belts for technique that had nothing whatever to do with Wing Chun Do. He was instructed to stop using the name WCD in his teaching. He changed his style's name but still says it is from Modern WCD, which is grossly misleading. We did not know what Jacques teaches as of Jan. '96, but it has no relationship to the Wing Chun Do system that is recognized around the world for simplicity, efficiency and practicality."

Comment

Wow!

I feel ripped off. Ten years with them; WOW!
                Hard one to swallow. :5eek:

I'm out: :car6:

Comment

Originally posted by Ozzy
                  Wow!

I feel ripped off. Ten years with them; WOW!
                  Hard one to swallow. :5eek:

I'm out: :car6:

Ten years. Shit.
                  He who attains his ideal by that very fact transcends it- Nietzsche

I like my Te like I like my tea- from Fujian province and without any bullshit in it. Oh, and green. And scented with jasmine blossoms...

Originally posted by A Better American Than You
                  In every country and every age, the priest has been hostile to liberty. He is always in alliance with the despot.

Comment

marcdscott:

Nice dig! I'm continually impressed with the research capabilities of the people here.

:new_rainf

Comment

Wow Impressive

Authorized Instructors in Wing Chun Do
                      To clarify instructors and their level of authorization to teach, a list has been created. The list shows the individuals who have some sort of certification from Sijo (founder) James W. DeMile. The list only deals with those who are still active.
                      MarcDScott, your Research-Fu is strong. This certainly explains the lack of quality in Jacques Patinaude.

Jacques Patenaude - Retired - (DISCLAIMER) Attended a two week basic instructors program in 1979 in Sedro Wooley, Washington. Attended a few weekend training seminars. Did not train past the basics. Made a copy of WCD training notes without permission and was allowed to keep them with the promise he would not publish them in any form. He abused the agreement by publishing articles from the notes on the WCD wooden dummy training, Phon Sao and made a video on Closing the Gap techniques in WCD. The tape is an embarrassment to the WCD system since the techniques shown were not only incorrect, but poorly done. Jacques was not authorized to award rank past the grey basic level but went on to award Black Belts for technique that had nothing whatever to do with Wing Chun Do. He was instructed to stop using the name WCD in his teaching. He changed his style's name but still says it is from Modern WCD, which is grossly misleading. We did not know what Jacques teaches as of Jan. '96, but it has no relationship to the Wing Chun Do system that is recognized around the world for simplicity, efficiency and practicality.
                      "Sifu, I"m niether - I'm a fire dragon so don't fuck with me!"

Comment

What goes around comes back to haunt you

Wow, good work on digging for this little nugget of gold. A lot of us(exFSDer's) had heard rumours to this effect and also knew that DeMile had posted a disclaimer about JP on his website.

Just goes to show that once you lie and cheat and effectively screw other people, it becomes "a way of life" or as the FSD quote says "a way of survival".

Again, the FSD clan, aka the hierarchy are nothing but "thugs" masquerading as martial artists. :violent1: :violent1:

Comment

If you have seen some of the goings on in the MA community, a website by Demille WCD isn't true proof.

You would have to find some type of real proof. Trust me on this point.

Comment

I don't want to make accusations willy-nilly (sheesh did I just say willy-nilly?) But the closing down of the Isabella school is supposedly related to the assault of a potential student. I am not sure if it became a civil or criminal matter, but I imagine it is available for searching in Canada.

I do know though that an old student of FSD/WCD in the past had told me that Patenaude asked him to slash the tires of the Sifu of another Wing Chun school.

My ex-roomate happened to be a senior student before there were any franchises, or any Sifu other than Jaques, so I got to hear a lot of the sordid details.

Comment

I thought (or at least, I was told) that the "main" school had moved from Catherine to Isabella, and then moved back. Is it your understanding that the Isabella location was in addition to the Catherine one? They seem pretty close together for that.

That said, with all of the name changes throughout the years, maybe they thought that by changing the name and moving back to Catherine they could avoid the stigma of the assualt you describe. I don't suppose anyone has any more information on this? It sounds like something that should be investigated further.

Comment

Originally posted by Stringfellow
                                I thought (or at least, I was told) that the "main" school had moved from Catherine to Isabella, and then moved back. Is it your understanding that the Isabella location was in addition to the Catherine one? They seem pretty close together for that.

That said, with all of the name changes throughout the years, maybe they thought that by changing the name and moving back to Catherine they could avoid the stigma of the assualt you describe. I don't suppose anyone has any more information on this? It sounds like something that should be investigated further.

Sounds more like skipping out on a lease...? the old midnight move

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X