Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dictionary69
    replied
    Wow you guys are looking at some pretty old stuff and you should check your info before posting on here about stuff like that. There had to be alot of dust on that tape cause that is over 10 years old. You should get out more I guess. Is it just me or this page getting very lame. Cheers

Leave a comment:

• OutOfYourMind
    replied
    I still remember even while we were members that some of us were laughing at it and making fun of that close while the sifu or the instructor wasn't looking.

We obliged to such silliness because it was instructed to be practiced and was required knowledge for the tests.

Leave a comment:

• Askari
    replied
    LOL, yes it is, those things are everywhere.

More over here on this thread:
    http://www.bullshido.net/forums/show...ang#post917508

Leave a comment:

• The Man
    replied
    Can someone tell me WTF is going on in this video? Is this real?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-WWuY...es%20Patenaude

Leave a comment:

• TKD Black Belt
    replied
    Has the issue of blatant plagiarism been addressed or has this been put to bed like so many other interesting aspects of this 'kung fu'?

TKD

Leave a comment:

• Askari
    replied
    The HouseHold Trust one may be inter-related as we see a lot of new business created by the Patenaude's around this time.

After the "Isabella St. incident" things seem to have fallen apart for them for awhile. Check out the calander for a list of associated names from 2004:
    http://web.archive.org/web/200407262...04calendar.pdf
    It links through to the web-archive.

Leave a comment:

• andrewa
    replied
    Askari asked me: "AndrewA, did the records go back to the mid-1990s?"__________________________________________________ _____

The earliest records I could find were from 1997: 97-CV-001674 - Household Trust Corp. vs. Jacques & Linda Patenaude. (Household Trust is a mortgage/loan company). I believe you're referring to the "Isabella St Incident" of 1996. I looked for something to confirm and/or that is connected to this incident but I could not find anything. That does not mean that there is no more info to uncover. If a civil case was filed it may have been under an older name for the current Fang Shen Do business. As well I should have searched individual names of FSD instructors other than 'Patenaude'. On a final note my searches would have been limited to the Ottawa-Carleton area and would obviously not include anything filed in Quebec.

I should have been better prepared before I went there.......

Leave a comment:

• TKD Black Belt
    replied
    Originally posted by Cdnronin
    The second case is about the screenwriter who didn't get paid for for work on numerous re-writes of "Kung-fu love". Already covered on one of the threads.
    Yes and as FSD Management has already stated the movie will not be coming out. So sad this.

TKD:tongue11:

Leave a comment:

• Askari
    replied
    Originally posted by It is Fake??
    You should find out the legality of puchasing, printing, and posting said documents. I'd gladly pitch in to get this stuff out in the open.
    Civil court documents are public record in Canada. Its just in Ontario they are still in the stone age and you cant get this stuff over the Internet. We have to physically go in to the building.

Unlike the USA, criminal cases in Canada are private and can't be posted about - unless we find newspaper clippings. So we are a bit behind the curve on those.

AndrewA, did the records go back to the mid-1990s?

Leave a comment:

• Cdnronin
    replied
    Originally posted by andrewa
    I went to the courthouse today on Elgin St. and got the following info. Basically it involved me using a computer in the courthouse to search for civil court matters involving Fang Shen Do. I searched under 'Patenaude' and found the following:

04-SC-087809-Daniel Castonquay vs. Christine Patenaude
    04-SC-087036-Rick Sgabellone vs. Jacques & Linda Patenaude.

The '04' refers to the year the case was filed. The 'SC' refers to "Small Claims Court".

The place was a zoo with lots of people waiting to use the computer so I didn't linger. There were other "Patenaudes" on the system including the 'Dean Academy' case which has been discussed before on this thread. These other 'Patenaudes' had first names of 'Michel', 'Matthew', 'Mathieu' and 'Cynthia'. Without knowing if there are part of the Fang Shen Do family I won't post that info. Had I been better prepared today I might have gotten more info. Please note that I did not request the actual file or transcripts of these cases as time was not on my side. Perhaps another day......
    The second case is about the screenwriter who didn't get paid for for work on numerous re-writes of "Kung-fu love". Already covered on one of the threads.

Leave a comment:

• It is Fake
    replied
    You should find out the legality of puchasing, printing, and posting said documents. I'd gladly pitch in to get this stuff out in the open.

Leave a comment:

• andrewa
    replied
    More Research

I went to the courthouse today on Elgin St. and got the following info. Basically it involved me using a computer in the courthouse to search for civil court matters involving Fang Shen Do. I searched under 'Patenaude' and found the following:

04-SC-087809-Daniel Castonquay vs. Christine Patenaude
    04-SC-087036-Rick Sgabellone vs. Jacques & Linda Patenaude.

The '04' refers to the year the case was filed. The 'SC' refers to "Small Claims Court".

The place was a zoo with lots of people waiting to use the computer so I didn't linger. There were other "Patenaudes" on the system including the 'Dean Academy' case which has been discussed before on this thread. These other 'Patenaudes' had first names of 'Michel', 'Matthew', 'Mathieu' and 'Cynthia'. Without knowing if there are part of the Fang Shen Do family I won't post that info. Had I been better prepared today I might have gotten more info. Please note that I did not request the actual file or transcripts of these cases as time was not on my side. Perhaps another day......

Leave a comment:

• n00b
    replied
    You think DeMile could sue him?

Leave a comment:

• Askari
    replied
    I just happen, by some fluke of chance to have both of those books.

Odd thing, they contain the same pictures, and some of the same text describing those pics. sJP's pics are re-shoots with him posing where Demille was BTW.

Except sJP claims that he is the blury guy in Demille's book.

In Demile's book there is a section called "Mind Development," followed by "Control and Dirction of your thoughts. In sJP's book there is a section called "Mental Development" followed by "Controlling your though Process."

You know what - I am now going to have to sit down and go through these. It basicly looks like sJP changed every third word and republished the same book.

There is even the same Paper striking Exercise and dorky picture of 3 guys falling backwards as the master makes a face.

I'd say its pretty much a case of complete plagerism.
    Last edited by Askari; 5/19/2006 1:47pm, .

Leave a comment:

• TheDingo
    replied
    Light Reading

http://www.trafford.com/4dcgi/robots/04-2884.html#goto2

Well, dug this up about one of his books from the publisher web site....

"Sijo started his martial art training at the very young age of nine years old. He has earned black belts in other martial arts during his search for the truth about combat. His martial art background includes experience in Karate, Jiu-Jitsu, Wing Chun, Stick Fighting, and Boxing amongst other styles. "

That's ripe for comments -- especially earning multiple black belts in other martial arts (notice the plurel). But his creditentials have been quite discussed.

Now to add some new stuff to this thread....

Can anyone comment on this (first link edited to reflect right webpage):
    Click image for larger version

Name:	284617038X.08.LZZZZZZZ.jpg
Size:	39.9 KB
ID:	4320800
    http://www.amazon.fr/exec/obidos/ASI...552770-2661812
    vs
    Click image for larger version

Name:	936_oc.jpg
Size:	15.2 KB
ID:	4320801
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/sitbv3/read...20#reader-link

Looks like sJP has written a book on the 1 and 3 inch power punch, as well as Demille. Has anyone read sJP's book on it? How does it compare to Demilles (other than being in French vs English).?

Couldn't find any reviews but noticed the "stiking" simularities between the covers (pun intended)
    Last edited by TheDingo; 5/19/2006 1:33pm, .

Leave a comment:

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
X