Its time stock up your arsenal!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bigpappaferg
    Well, from the defensive standpoint I was looking for something to use in an economic collapse/social unrest/go live on my family's mountain property and try to live off the land type and would want to be able to defend the farm/homestead type scenario. Hmmm, am I a little paranoid? Probably.:icon_sad:

Paranoid? Nah.

I prefer open-minded.

Comment

Originally posted by SFGOON
      I wouldn't worry about an assault weapons ban.

The democrats learned the hard way that placing arbitrary bans on ARs leads to all sorts of nastiness, like losing control of the house and senate followed by two-term republican presidency.

I seriously doubt they'll try that shit again for a looooonnngg time. They have a majority. They're going to want to keep it.
      Would you really put ANYTHING past them?
      "Judo is a study of techniques with which you may kill if you wish to kill, injure if you wish to injure, subdue if you wish to subdue, and, when attacked, defend yourself" - Jigoro Kano (1889)
      ***Was this quote "taken out of context"?***

"The judoist has no time to allow himself a margin for error, especially in a situation upon which his or another person's very life depends...."
      ~ The Secret of Judo (Jiichi Watanabe & Lindy Avakian), p.19

"Hope is not a method... nor is enthusiasm."
      ~ Brigadier General Gordon Toney

Comment

Originally posted by devil
        Paranoid? Nah.

I prefer open-minded.
        You're only paranoid until YOU'RE RIGHT. Then you're alive, and they're dead.

Live by the Seven P's (P7): Proper Prior Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance!!!
        "Judo is a study of techniques with which you may kill if you wish to kill, injure if you wish to injure, subdue if you wish to subdue, and, when attacked, defend yourself" - Jigoro Kano (1889)

"The judoist has no time to allow himself a margin for error, especially in a situation upon which his or another person's very life depends...."

Comment

I was thinking about buying an AR-15/M-4gery and doing a few things to it, but I'm not so sure I want to anymore. Half the parts that go on my "work" M4 aren't even for sale to civilians (most notably, the new mil-spec AN/PEC 5 replacement with IR Laser, IR Flood, and visible laser, along with some other nifty features. It is fucking awesome.). At least not as far as I know. Not sure about the L-Can. Either way, I get to shoot my M-4, sig 226, and the beretta M9 quite a lot. I live on base, so it's not like I can use a gun for home defense. Just to shake things up a bit, I think I'll be buying a CZ 75B, or maybe the 85 Combat. I love that big hunk of metal. Maybe a lever gun, too.
          "No. Listen to me because I know what I'm talking about here." -- Hannibal

Comment

Probably not paranoid. I'd just base it on a statistical analysis, and that outcome being an outlier. It doesn't mean it won't happen, just not terribly probable. Either way, it is still a good thing to have an AR, and learn to shoot it. If you want to be able to perform with that weapon in a scenario like that, you need to be practicing now. Remember, if that kind of bad juju goes down, your ammo will be very precious, and will will need to be a competent marksman.

I can only wonder what my neighbors think of me. Just last night I was in my backyard shanking all of our leftover Halloween pumpkins. Punto lungo was going straight to the hilt, and most of my siniwali strikes were going well over an inch to the entire length of the blade passing through. Chunks of pumpkin were flying off.

Happy 223rd Birthday to all the Marines on the site.

Comment

Originally posted by devil
              Paranoid? Nah.

I prefer open-minded.
              Originally posted by Jim_Jude
              You're only paranoid until YOU'RE RIGHT. Then you're alive, and they're dead.

Live by the Seven P's (P7): Proper Prior Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance!!!

Originally posted by Colby
              Probably not paranoid. I'd just base it on a statistical analysis, and that outcome being an outlier.

Ah, good to see I'm not as off-the wall paranoid as I thought. Well, at least not by the standards of this board. Hmmm...

Comment

I'm thinking about throwing one of these cool doohickies on my AXR at some point

ACOG with a red dot sight on top. Mainly I just have to get something that's as cool as Kat's EOTech and this looks pretty sweet.
                Ranked #9 internationally at 118lbs by WIKBA http://www.womenkickboxing.com/wikba...rch%202009.htm

Comment

Originally posted by KidSpatula
                  I'm thinking about throwing one of these cool doohickies on my AXR at some point

ACOG with a red dot sight on top. Mainly I just have to get something that's as cool as Kat's EOTech and this looks pretty sweet.
                  Those are pretty nice. I prefer the L-Can just for the ability to switch between 1x and 4x magnification. The visible/IR lasers on my PEC-5 kind of remove the need for a red dot, in my opinion.

But as far as options go, that's one I'd thought about doing myself with a civilian AR.
                  "No. Listen to me because I know what I'm talking about here." -- Hannibal

Comment

Makes you reconsider posting pix of your babies online, dnnit?

Comment

The ELCAN sights don't look as cool imo :P
                      Ranked #9 internationally at 118lbs by WIKBA http://www.womenkickboxing.com/wikba...rch%202009.htm

Comment

Originally posted by bigpappaferg
                        Well, from the defensive standpoint I was looking for something to use in an economic collapse/social unrest/go live on my family's mountain property and try to live off the land type and would want to be able to defend the farm/homestead type scenario. Hmmm, am I a little paranoid? Probably.:icon_sad:
                        AR's are nice, but when the world ends, you will want one of these:

Its not as pretty, and its not as accurate, but ammo and spare parts are cheap and plentiful throughout the world and it will last you and your children the rest of your lives.

Regardless of what you choose, though, learn how to shoot it. Actually find someone knowledgeable to teach you one-on-one (preferably military or LEO, not Jim-Bob from the trailer park) or take a course. Don't just buy a rifle and take it to the range thinking you can figure it out on your own. That's how bad habits are formed and accidents happen. All joking about The Zombiepocalypse aside, responsible gun ownership is something most of us take very seriously.

The AR15 is a special case too. Its a good weapon as far as capabilities are concerned, but its tight tolerances and operating system make it maintenance intensive and it will only remain reliable in the hands of someone who knows how to take care of it. Best bet: find a Marine or an Army infantryman who carried one around for four years or more and ask him to show you step by step all the tricks to breaking it down and cleaning it.
                        I'm not giving you my opinion, I'm telling you how it is.
                        Can't decide which evil black rifle to buy? My thoughts.

Comment

Couldn't pass this one up.
                          Originally posted by AnnaTrocity
                          "Scariest BS Girl" tag for AnnaTrocity? It should be pink. With skulls.

Comment

Originally posted by asscowboy
                            Don't forget to buy replacement parts and ammo. I agree with previous posters, Obama has too much on his plate with the economy and the Wall Street/Detroit bail outs to start messing with the gun owners. I suspect there will be some sort of tax on ammo, parts and mags to keep his Brady Bill friends happy. Justice Scalia said you had a right to self defense, but he didn't say anything about taxing firearms or ammunition.
                            I they make purchasing guns & ammo cost prohibitive through taxation, it's the same as gun control. It won't work, & the Supreme Court (at present) won't let it fly. It would go directly against the 2nd Amendment.
                            I'm still buying shit up, tho... :qleft4:

Comment

Originally posted by mrm1775
                              AR's are nice, but when the world ends, you will want one of these:

Its not as pretty, and its not as accurate, but ammo and spare parts are cheap and plentiful throughout the world and it will last you and your children the rest of your lives.
                              WORD.

I'm not a huge fan of Kurt Saxon, I don't agree with him across the board, but he's pretty locked on here:

FANTASY & WEAPONRY
                              By Kurt Saxon
                              A pistol for the bedroom,
                              A shotgun over the door,
                              A 30-06 for reaching out;
                              You don't need any more.

Comment

WORD.

I'm not a huge fan of Kurt Saxon, I don't agree with him across the board, but he's pretty locked on here:

FANTASY & WEAPONRY
                                By Kurt Saxon
                                A pistol for the bedroom,
                                A shotgun over the door,
                                A 30-06 for reaching out;
                                You don't need any more.
                                Ugh. I just read the whole article, and the guy is a clown. The assertion that weapons like the M16 and AK were designed to not be aimed demonstrates that he has never qualified on a range and does not understand the proper use of such weapons. Nor does he seem to understand the utility of suppressive fire. Idiot hillbillies blazing away with their AR15s is not reason for the condemnation of that choice of weapon, just that style of shooting.

I suspect that he is a LARPer, and possibly even a Brady Bill apologist.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X