No announcement yet.

Its time stock up your arsenal!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm looking at getting 2, maybe 3 AR-15 lowers, and some magpul 30-rd mags. Probably this weekend.

Anna, don't take this the wrong way, but the current avatar with you and your AR is HOT!

Who has magpul mags, and how do they compare with the regular 30-rd metal mags?

Comment

Thanks.

The magpul mags are signifcantly tougher and bent feed lips would not be a worry. There arevideos of them being run over and spun out on by a truck on you tube and still functioning.

Not that I expect to run over my magazines with a truck but I've experienced at least one bent feed lip that's got one of my 30 rounders marked as range use only (partially functions)

Omn the upside you can get USGI for 10 bucks each and the pmags are closer to 15.

Comment

From the assault weapon revival act:

`(v)(1) It shall be unlawful for a person to manufacture, transfer, or possess a semiautomatic assault weapon.
        I take that to indicate there's a chance you can spend big money on stuff that will be illegal to own should this motion pass?

Comment

They'd have to insert a grandfather clause to even begin to faintly hope and dream about getting an AWB passed.

Comment

Indeed. Can you imagine the public outcry if they tried outright confiscation? I don't think even the most hardcore liberals in the House and Senate would risk it.

Well, maybe Pelosi...
            I'm not giving you my opinion, I'm telling you how it is.
            Can't decide which evil black rifle to buy? My thoughts.

Comment

MRM, I hope you're right, but the Dems might abuse their mandate. They're a bit drunk on power right now. They might not fear consequences until they take a few kicks to the coglioni.

Comment

Who is going to confiscate the guns? I do not see that going well.
                My first experience with the Magpuls was positive.
                You have to remember the $10 milspecs are supposed to be disposable. You can't count on them too much in the long term.

Comment

It'd be hard to come and confiscate weapons if they are all "stolen", and no longer in my possession...

Comment

I expect if certain weapons become illegal they would make examples of generally unlikeable people, with confiscations and arrests, hoping to scare as many average Joes into compliance as possible. After that some people would probably decide not to risk the felony conviction by holding on to banned guns. They would relinquish them voluntarily. I doubt I would risk prison time, losing my license to practice, etc. Who would feed my little chimp?

And Colby, you're not the first (or last) person to come up with the "stolen" idea. It doesn't take much for the authorities to manufacture probable cause, so you'll need to find some deep hidey-holes if you plan to use that strategy. Plus, be ready to explain why you didn't file a police report or make an insurance claim at the time of the burglary. Not impossible but something to keep in mind.

Comment

A gun hidden in a deep hidey hole is completely pointless. Guns attract a lot of attention. Being criminally minded I've kicked around the idea of putting in some effort to converting my AR-15 to auto illegally....then I thought about it and realized that there's not really any place I can think of where I could go shoot a machine gun without eventually attracting attention.
                      my girlfriend and I went out shooting in the middle of nowhere on some family land and by middle of nowhere I mean 15 minute drive to any kind of store, we shot one pistol magazine rapid fire and within 5 minutes the game warden came screeching out of nowhere.

Granted, some of you might have more space where you could get away with going off with a machine gun without any attention getting attracted but what I'm getting at is that the only reason to have an illegal gun (unless you also know how to make an illegal silencer) is if you have imminent plans to do something seriously even more illegal with it.

All said and done...my opinion is that if you ever have to tell a would be confiscator that your hardware was stolen that you should be on the edge of just shooting them with it. If not you might as well just give it up.

Comment

Lost all my EBR's in a boating accident. Tragic really...

Last time I go shark hunting with a .308.
                        I'm not giving you my opinion, I'm telling you how it is.
                        Can't decide which evil black rifle to buy? My thoughts.

Comment

Originally posted by Little Lamb
                          I expect if certain weapons become illegal they would make examples of generally unlikeable people, with confiscations and arrests, hoping to scare as many average Joes into compliance as possible. After that some people would probably decide not to risk the felony conviction by holding on to banned guns. They would relinquish them voluntarily. I doubt I would risk prison time, losing my license to practice, etc. Who would feed my little chimp?
                          back in 1990, an assault weapons ban was passed in the state of NJ. To wit:

"The legislation also prohibits any firearms which are substantially identical to any of the above firearms; any semiautomatic shotgun with either a magazine capacity exceeding six rounds, a conspicuous pistol grip, or a folding stock; a semi-automatic rifle with a fixed magazine capacity exceeding 15 rounds. Any magazine with a capacity greater than fifteen rounds is prohibited, even if there is no semi-automatic firearm to accompany the magazine.
                          A part or combination of parts to convert or assemble a firearm into an "assault firearm" is also forbidden.
                          Any "assault firearm" not registered, licensed, or rendered inoperable pursuant to a state police certificate by May 1, 1991, is considered contraband.
                          Any "assault firearm" which was not owned prior to May 1, 1990, must be licensed. Application is made to the Superior Court for the county in which the person lives or conducts business. The fee is $75. The court must find that the public safety and welfare require the issuance of the license and the person must be qualified to obtain a handgun carrying license. For practical purposes, no one will be issued such a license."

many simply ignored it. i spoke to a police officer during a grand jury there, and he stated ( unofficially of course ) that the police departments in the state had no desire to be kicking down doors and confiscating weapons from otherwise law abiding citizens. as i stated previously, if there is any move made against semi-autos it will be through a back door: taxation of ammo, banning of magazines, taxation or banning of spare parts. the dems learned a few years ago that going after guns in the hands of private, law abiding citizens is a form of political suicide in many parts of the country. furthermore, mr. obama only had 53% of the popular vote. hardly a landslide.
                          Last edited by vaquero de las nalgas; 11/09/2008 11:53pm, .

Comment

Fuck. I've got to get a loan so I can stock up. Either that, or the chirruns are getting a few dozen cases of ammo and a pile of high capacity mags from Santa.

I'm not in terrible shape. I've got some goodies, and my best bud (bless his heart) just capped off his massive gun collection with the crown jewel that is the Barrett M107.

But I'm really nervous right about now. What really concerns me is not that we could be looking at eight years with an Assault Weapons Ban. I can stock up and hunker down for eight years. My real concern is that it will extend far beyond eight years. George W. helped us out a bunch in the gun department. We may not be so lucky after Obama leaves office.

Comment

There will be loopholes for all of this of course.

Back when the gun ban was in place, I was still able to purchase my Colt AR-15 A3 from a cop gun shop because I had an armed PI lisense. I could buy everything a regular beat cop could, but some of the cooler toys were restricted to SWAT team members only (MP-5's, etc.) Even if you don't ever take a case, it might be something to think about if the regulating authority in your state has similar laws.

Comment

Originally posted by mrm1775
                                Lost all my EBR's in a boating accident. Tragic really...

Last time I go shark hunting with a .308.
                                Hahaha! I can just picture the Jaws dialog; "He HAD small beady eyes, like a doll's eyes. BLAM BLAM BLAM BLAM."

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X