No announcement yet.

Its time stock up your arsenal!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ammo isn't going to jump drastically in price. It's not going anywhere for a while.

Comment

Originally posted by SFGOON
      I wouldn't worry about an assault weapons ban.

The democrats learned the hard way that placing arbitrary bans on ARs leads to all sorts of nastiness, like losing control of the house and senate followed by two-term republican presidency.

I seriously doubt they'll try that shit again for a looooonnngg time. They have a majority. They're going to want to keep it.
      I feel the same way. Great minds and all that.
      Lone Wolf McQuade Final Fight: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VmrDe_mYUXg

Comment

Originally posted by Phrost
        Why? He's probably talking about expanding police powers domestically. Many cops would rather have a completely disarmed population.
        Unfortunately that's very true. I'm dismayed by some attitudes in LE towards law abiding gun owners. How the hell can you uphold the Constitution if you don't even understand it or believe in it? I have little to fear from good people who are armed, and someday my life may depend on one of them helping me.

Comment

Originally posted by Vorpal
          Unfortunately that's very true. I'm dismayed by some attitudes in LE towards law abiding gun owners. How the hell can you uphold the Constitution if you don't even understand it or believe in it? I have little to fear from good people who are armed, and someday my life may depend on one of them missing me.
          Fixed that for you! Nyah nyah!!!
          Originally posted by Cullion
          You sound like a foaming-at-the-mouth-loon out of Dr. Strangelove.
          Sometimes, we put Ricin in the Cocaine. :ninja7:

Comment

Originally posted by Vince Tortelli
            The thing to do is stock up on ammunition. You can have all the AR-15s you like, if the price of shells and slugs rises to $100 a pop they're not going to do you a lot of good.
            Word is prices in the metals exchange are going way down, so in the short term we may see the cost of a box of ammo come down a little. Start saving up that brass.

And sending it to me.:biggrin:
            I'm not giving you my opinion, I'm telling you how it is.
            Can't decide which evil black rifle to buy? My thoughts.

Comment

Originally posted by Wounded Ronin
              I feel the same way. Great minds and all that.
              What part of "Obama specifically says he's going to reinstitute the AWB" is just not getting through to you here? It's on his website as a key part of his platform.

Does he need to hand write you a letter stating:
              "Dear Wounded Ronin,

I really am going to ban 'Assault Weapons'. It's on my website.

Love and kisses,

Barry O."

...before you'll believe it? I know evangelical Christians who'd have trouble maintaining that level of faith in spite of evidence.

Comment

It is of course worth noting that saying he want's to doesn't mean he's really going to push for it. Gun control isn't a hot issue like it was in the mid-90's. Hoping for the best here...

(but still buying everything I've ever wanted but needed an excuse to spend the money on)

Comment

There are a lot of people, myself included, who believe that the availibility of weapons and ammunition are in danger. I've heard/read some of Obama's rhetoric. And quite honestly it reminds me of the Clinton presidency.

One of my buddies bought a .50 cal last year because he saw this coming.

I am thinking about getting a couple of goodies myself.

Comment

I'd love to get a .50, even just a single shot one from Barrett. They're goddamn pricey though. But yeah, if you've got the funds it should be at the top of the list along with hi-cap magazines and replacement parts for anything you currently have.

Comment

Get an ar-15 and then the ferret 50 upper, you're still looking at 2500 bucks for the upper alone but that's cheaper then buying a straight up 50, and you have an excuse to get an ar-15 on top of it which then opens up about 20 million other configurations of various calibers.

Comment

Originally posted by AnnaTrocity
                        Oh yeh, stripped lowers can be had for less then 200 bucks and then built into real guns later. An excellent way to get your hand in the bag without having to drop 1000 bucks up front.
                        The cops at our local sheriff's and police department just put in a massive, stripped lower order yesterday. All of you should be doing the same. Take out a loand and buy 10-20 of the fuckers and put them on a shelf for a rainy day. Those of us old enough to remember the ban last time were all kicking ourselves in the ass two weeks after the ban---don't be one of those guys.

Remember...by taking out a loan, you can always pay the loan off in the future. You cannot always get a gun or specific type of gun. Bear that in mind. A prudent individual would also be stocking up on Glock 17 mags and AR15 30 rounders as well.

Comment

In 20 years we'll all be rich ala all the people that sat on machine guns in the 1980's or have a serious gun collection. Either way will be pretty rad.

Comment

Good advice.

I've got 10 steel AK mags or so so I'm ok on that front. Should buy more to exchange with desperate individuals post-ban for whole guns (lol, Mosin) or sexual favors or something should it get really bad.

Comment

Don't forget to buy replacement parts and ammo. I agree with previous posters, Obama has too much on his plate with the economy and the Wall Street/Detroit bail outs to start messing with the gun owners. I suspect there will be some sort of tax on ammo, parts and mags to keep his Brady Bill friends happy. Justice Scalia said you had a right to self defense, but he didn't say anything about taxing firearms or ammunition.

Comment

Cheytac.

I want a Cheytac. www.cheytac.com

But a preban Polytech will have to do for now. Still waiting on goddamn Form 1 from the Atf for my top secret SBR project. I don't expect them to be in for at least 60days :cussing:
                                Last edited by Hawkeye; 11/07/2008 12:25pm, .
                                "We spoke to them in the only language they understood: the machine gun"

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X