Its time stock up your arsenal!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ignatzami
    Frankly, I think Obama has a bunch of issues far more pressing then your gun collection. Iran, Iraq, Afghanistan, Palestine/Israel, Unemployment and the Economy come to mind. After those he MIGHT decide to have a go at your AR-15.
    Yes that's true but with the democrats controlling the house and the senate its going to be a hell of a lot easier to tack a gun control law/ ban onto a bill and get it passed.

Comment

Goon got to it before me. Now is a time for vigilance, but not outright panic. Right now its not looking like the Democratic majority is going to be filibuster-proof, and there are even a few pro-gun Dems in the mix. Even the Supreme Court justices that are likely to be replaced in the next four years are liberals anyway. They are more concerned with holding on to and increasing their majority right now than trying to push through legislation that they know damn well could backfire on them.

Its feasible that they might make a run at the 2nd Amendment once they build up enough power to start getting cocky, but it will be a few years before that happens. I'm pretty confident that I will still be able to pick up a Bushmaster ACR in '09 before anything stupid happens.

Of course, I will still be ready, just in case.

Comment

Uhh, all you people who are desperately clinging to your belief that a Democrat Congress with a Democrat President won't try the stupid shit they did in 1994...

http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/query/z?c110:h6257:

SECTION 1. SHORT TITLE.
        • This Act may be cited as the `Assault Weapons Ban Reauthorization Act of 2008'.
        SEC. 2. RESTRICTION ON MANUFACTURE, TRANSFER, AND POSSESSION OF CERTAIN SEMIAUTOMATIC ASSAULT WEAPONS.
        • (a) RESTRICTION- Section 922 of title 18, United States Code, is amended by adding after subsection (u) the following:
        • `(v)(1) It shall be unlawful for a person to manufacture, transfer, or possess a semiautomatic assault weapon.
        • `(2) Paragraph (1) shall not apply to the possession or transfer of any semiautomatic assault weapon otherwise lawfully possessed under Federal law on the date of the enactment of this subsection.
        • `(3) Paragraph (1) shall not apply to--
          • `(A) any of the firearms, or replicas or duplicates of the firearms, specified in appendix A to this section, as such firearms were manufactured on October 1, 1993;
          • `(B) any firearm that--
            • `(i) is manually operated by bolt, pump, lever, or slide action;
            • `(ii) has been rendered permanently inoperable; or
            • `(iii) is an antique firearm;
          • `(C) any semiautomatic rifle that cannot accept a detachable magazine that holds more than 5 rounds of ammunition; or
          • `(D) any semiautomatic shotgun that cannot hold more than 5 rounds of ammunition in a fixed or detachable magazine.
        • The fact that a firearm is not listed in appendix A shall not be construed to mean that paragraph (1) applies to such firearm. No firearm exempted by this subsection may be deleted from appendix A so long as this subsection is in effect.

Comment

Keep it simple, SA rifle, pistol and shotgun in the most popular calibers. Stock up on ammo. Hunker down, wait it out.

Comment

Amusingly enough, my wife was telling me that about a dozen of the officers got so concerned leading up to the election, they began ordering copious amounts of ammunition and having it sent to the station.

Comment

If you're worried about losing gun rights, then (as already suggested) you should worry about the assault weapons ban coming back. That means you should now buy things that will be banned under that... er, ban. Buy pistols with high capacity magazines (15+ rds), or even just the magazines. Buy "assault rifles" like AR's, etc. and get them tricked out with barrel shrouds, folding stocks, etc.

I will say that I do not think gun control is going to be a priority for Obama. I also think he is smart enough to not want to piss off all the southern gun toting dems that supported him. OTOH, Pelosi and other extreme left congressional dems are nuts and there's no telling what crazy shit they may pull.

Comment

I'll probably buy another AK variant since I already have a good number of magazines for it.

Comment

Nothing does more for gun sales than democrats.

Ah, the unintended consequences. Haw...haw.

Comment

Originally posted by Phrost
                    Uhh, all you people who are desperately clinging to your belief that a Democrat Congress with a Democrat President won't try the stupid shit they did in 1994...
                    Yeah duder. Check the sponsors on that bad boy:
                    Originally posted by House Resolution 6257
                    Sponsor:
                    Rep. Mark Kirk [R-IL]

Cosponsors [as of 2008-09-27]
                    Rep. Michael Castle [R-DE]
                    Rep. Michael Ferguson [R-NJ]
                    Rep. Ileana Ros-Lehtinen [R-FL]
                    Rep. Christopher Shays [R-CT]
                    Do you see that shit right there? Those four republicans sponsoring that shit? Remind me which party you support, and why?

edit:

Fuck me - it's FIVE fucking Republicans supporting that shit. That DE confused my stupid dyslexic ass!

But - vote Republican folks, you heard it from Phrost!

Comment

Originally posted by Sapphire
                      so since Obam got elected i think its time to stock up my arsenal. He proposed big change and i fear that that is what is going to happen. Any suggestions on what i should get? I'm a real noob to guns so i'm not sure, but I'm thinking something semi-automatic before he outlaws them.
                      Ha, this reminds me of when me and Kat went to the gun store the other day to get her new stock put on her AR-15. When we were waiting around one of the gun store guys was telling us about how he'd just sold 4 AR-15's that morning and has been having all these totally know nothing gun newbies coming in wanting to buy guns. While we were chit chatting with the gun store guy some dude came in after taking a glock to the firing range part of the store to report that his gun got messed up. Turned out he loaded his magazine backwards.

Well we're certainly buying a bunch more magazines for all our guns ASAP. They're already shooting up in price. Go buy yourself an AR-15 and a 9mm pistol and a membership to the NRA!

Comment

Goon, you're the kind of guy who would tell a dying child there was no heaven, aren't you.

Let them have their faith, it's all they have left.

Comment

What can I say, I'm all about the cold hard facts and inevitable consequences. The facts here underscore that Republicans are now interested in passing an assault weapons ban.

Vote Republican!

Comment

Originally posted by hoodedmonk
                            If home protection is your main purpose shot guns are probably your best bet.

Revolvers and shotguns aren't going anywhere. We just bought a pump action shotgun the other day because it would be fun (and it is) but now I'm klicking myself at not throwing that money at the stuff that's in danger such as magazine fed semi-auto weapons and magazines for them.

My recommendation for any newbie who's getting into guns is to get an ar-15 and a standard capacity (15 rounds) 9mm pistol with at least 6 magazines for each. You'll never be left wanting if you get an AR-15.
                            One might also consider getting an ak-47 style gun or a larger caliber autoloader such as an FAL.

What not to get:

Any pump or bolt action gun.

Anything that doesnt hold more then 10 rounds (ie a 1911) or anything that doesnt take a detachable magazine.

Those guns are not going anywhere soon.

Comment

Oh yeh, stripped lowers can be had for less then 200 bucks and then built into real guns later. An excellent way to get your hand in the bag without having to drop 1000 bucks up front.

Comment

Im going to buy a .22 rifle and pistol. Im a totall gun noob but all my friends are fanatics. I realy just want to fit in.

That.. And I didnt think I would have as so much damn fun at the shooting range. My budys AR-15 fucked up some watermellons.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X