Its time stock up your arsenal!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

Well, it's not like he has a track record of being pro-Second Amendment. This should come as no suprise in light of his past comments and voting record.

My additional AR-15 lowers will be in at the end of the month. Yay!!!!

One of my neighbors showed me what he had last week, and I thought I was the only gun advocate on the street. He had 3 AKs, a couple of ARs, and several misc. semi-autos. He also had a HiPoint pistol that I thought was pretty interesting for the price he paid for it. The HiPoint is inexpensive enough to be a throw away gun...and it has a lifetime warranty???

My state carried McCain to a county. The entire state voted red, and by the highest margin in the country. If for some reason the law mandates a weapon grab by the government, it won't end very nicely here. I can't see local law enforcement even considering complying with such a mandate...

Comment

The revelation that a cabinet member improperly owns a firearm would be extremely embarrassing if you were trying to disarm the public.

Kind of like Rosie O'Donnell saying nobody should own handguns, and then having to admit that her own bodyguards pack heat.

Comment

Originally posted by devil
          Kind of like Rosie O'Donnell saying nobody should own handguns, and then having to admit that her own bodyguards pack heat.
          This exact event may very well have triggered the question. I guarantee you there are questions about the immigration status of nannies, relations with lobbyists etc.

Comment

From what I have seen, there is quite the extensive background questionaire the appointees are being required to complete to get all the skeletons out and determine if they can be dealt with before the appointment happens.

Comment

Originally posted by Aging Hippie Liberal Douche
              This exact event may very well have triggered the question. I guarantee you there are questions about the immigration status of nannies, relations with lobbyists etc.

Nah. They have no need to ask about the immigration status of nannies because they won't be doing shit to fight illegal immigration. That means no opportunity to have hypocricy thrown in their faces.

If they kiss the ass of illegals, they're just "tolerant."

Comment

Originally posted by devil
                Nah. They have no need to ask about the immigration status of nannies because they won't be doing shit to fight illegal immigration. That means no opportunity to have hypocricy thrown in their faces.
                These questions have nothing to do with issues. These questions are to ensure they don't get bit on the ass during confirmation hearings. They are bascally asking every quesiton that ever derailed a nomination or created a public scandal.

Comment

Originally posted by Aging Hippie Liberal Douche
                  These questions have nothing to do with issues. These questions are to ensure they don't get bit on the ass during confirmation hearings. They are bascally asking every quesiton that ever derailed a nomination.

Yeah, I don't seriously think they won't ask them the questions. I was being sarcastic.

Comment

One word:

GOTCHA!

Comment

I still have a problem with a Commander-in-Chief that I'd wager couldn't obtain a TS clearance on his own...

To think that this guy is going to be giving orders to the military just makes me ill.

Comment

Originally posted by Jack Cheddar
                        I still have a problem with a Commander-in-Chief that I'd wager couldn't obtain a TS clearance on his own...

To think that this guy is going to be giving orders to the military just makes me ill.
                        Let's turn that on it's nose. Could GWB get a security clearance on his own with his history of drug and alcohol abuse, and the fuzziness related to his military service? Yes, definitely.

Do you currently have or have you ever had a TS clearance? A collateral TS is not hard to get at all. A TS-SCI isn't even that hard to get, as long as you fill out the paperwork properly. Probably the single largest disqualifier for a TS-SCI is going to be what turns up on your credit report. Other than that, it comes down to honesty, who you put down to be interviewed, and waiting. Hell, these days you can get waivers for a lot of misdemeanors and possibly felonies, as long as they aren't drug related.

Regardless, candidates are rarely screened for security clearances publicly. Whether or not you think they are screened thoroughly behind the scenes, as would be the logical thing to do, I leave up to you.
                        Last edited by Cassius; 11/21/2008 7:19pm, .
                        "No. Listen to me because I know what I'm talking about here." -- Hannibal

Comment

Originally posted by Jack Cheddar

I wouldn't go that far. I personally don't question Obama's patriotism and I don't think he actively wants to destroy the American way of life. I just think he's wrong.
                          I'm not giving you my opinion, I'm telling you how it is.
                          Can't decide which evil black rifle to buy? My thoughts.

Comment

Originally posted by mrm1775
                            I wouldn't go that far. I personally don't question Obama's patriotism and I don't think he actively wants to destroy the American way of life. I just think he's wrong.
                            This is a perfectly reasonable point of view to have. Imagining some conspiracy where Obama is a terrorist or something like that is pure nonsense.
                            "No. Listen to me because I know what I'm talking about here." -- Hannibal

Comment

Originally posted by Cassius
                              This is a perfectly reasonable point of view to have. Imagining some conspiracy where Obama is a terrorist or something like that is pure nonsense.
                              Wow, that sounds like a plot line for 24. I can just see Kiefer finding the evidence on Biden's lap top. And then shooting up or whatever.

Comment

Originally posted by Cassius
                                Same thing with the far left and their rhetoric about W's character. I don't agree with a lot of the things he's done, but I don't accuse him of being evil. I accuse him of being wrong. Attacking an executive's character because you disagree with his policies is just a way of ducking the issue.
                                I'm not giving you my opinion, I'm telling you how it is.
                                Can't decide which evil black rifle to buy? My thoughts.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X