Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

9 inch knife in the head - piece of cake!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You guys forget that the knife has no chi...no wonder it wasn't lethal. If instead of a steel rod Phineas Gage had had his skull impaled by oh, say, the giant erect penis of an 80 year old Chi Kung master, he'd've just been one more dead construction worker and I could've slept through those ten minutes of Physical Psychology.

Comment

Bah, nothing new here. We all know that lots of people live and thrive without a single functioning neuron.

Comment

To broaden our collection of invincibles (this time nail related):

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080611/...sp2w10wvehOrgF

SHAWNEE, Kan. - A suburban Kansas City man accidentally fired a 2.5-inch nail into the top of his head, but says he now feels fine after a doctor used a claw hammer to remove it. The mishap occurred Friday while George Chandler, of Shawnee, and a friend were working on a backyard project.

The nail gun hose became tangled, causing the powerful tool to fire once. Chandler said Monday he told his friend he didn't know where the nail went, but he felt a sting on the top of his head.

Soon they discovered that the nail was driven into Chandler's skull, so they called an ambulance. He was rushed to a hospital, where a doctor used a common claw hammer to remove the nail, Chandler said.

Chandler said he feels "very lucky, very, very lucky" to have escaped serious injury.

CLICK & WATCH
        :
        I got BULLSHIDO ON TV!!!

"Bruce Lee sucks because I slammed my nuts with nunchucks trying to do that stupid shit back in the day. I still managed to have two kids. I forgive you Bruce.
        " - by Vorpal

Comment

I saw cake in the title. I felt it my duty to come in here and tell you all off for being so misleading. I see no cake...

On topic though:

Originally posted by Tonuzaba

Soon they discovered that the nail was driven into Chandler's skull, so they called an ambulance. He was rushed to a hospital, where a doctor used a common claw hammer to remove the nail, Chandler said.

Chandler said he feels "very lucky, very, very lucky" to have escaped serious injury.
          Awesome. DIY brain surgery: Contact your nearest hardware shop today!

I've heard several stories about this kind of thing over the years. They always freak me out, having a knife (nail/pipe/other metalic objects) sticking out of my head remains a cringe worthy mental image.

Comment

Originally posted by syberia
            I saw cake in the title. I felt it my duty to come in here and tell you all off for being so misleading. I see no cake...
            Well, you know, syberia dear, I suggest reading the WHOLE thread title from now on... :icon_cycl

Anyhow, I googled "best cake", just for you and present this to you with love:

CLICK & WATCH
            :
            I got BULLSHIDO ON TV!!!

"Bruce Lee sucks because I slammed my nuts with nunchucks trying to do that stupid shit back in the day. I still managed to have two kids. I forgive you Bruce.
            " - by Vorpal

Comment

Years ago, an old Marine Corps buddy of mine told me about a Sergeant Major he once knew who survived getting shot by a DShK in Vietnam. That's right, 12.7mm, the Ruskie equivalent of a .50 cal. He recovered, and even returned to active duty, but lost one of his lungs and a big chunk of muscle from his torso. My friend said the scar looked like a shark had taken a bite out of him. He would show it off at the bar after getting a few drinks in him, so I guess his liver was still fully functional...

The human body is an incredible machine and there are countless examples of it surviving horrific damage.

But sometimes, people just die.

Comment

Another knife in head story...

http://edition.cnn.com/video/#/video...e.in.head.wjxt

CLICK & WATCH
                :
                I got BULLSHIDO ON TV!!!

" - by Vorpal

Comment

Originally posted by mrm1775
                  Years ago, an old Marine Corps buddy of mine told me about a Sergeant Major he once knew who survived getting shot by a DShK in Vietnam. That's right, 12.7mm, the Ruskie equivalent of a .50 cal. He recovered, and even returned to active duty, but lost one of his lungs and a big chunk of muscle from his torso. My friend said the scar looked like a shark had taken a bite out of him. He would show it off at the bar after getting a few drinks in him, so I guess his liver was still fully functional...

The human body is an incredible machine and there are countless examples of it surviving horrific damage.

But sometimes, people just die.
                  I know a guy that took a 12.7mm ricochet off an ammo can to the arm. His arm actually healed pretty well. Not quite as crazy as your story, though.
                  "No. Listen to me because I know what I'm talking about here." -- Hannibal

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                  X