Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"House Gun": The ultimate home defense weapon, or the ultimate Elmore-esque gimmick?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Zendetta
    LOL. You are going to make a hostage-saving headshot with a shotgun? I feel sorry for your wife/kids/gay lover, etc, etc.
    ya rly.

"Oh c'mon, it's just a bit of buckshot. You lived, didn't you?"

Comment

Originally posted by Neildo
      ya rly.

"Oh c'mon, it's just a bit of buckshot. You lived, didn't you?"
      Assumptions are the mother of all flamebait.

this is how it is done kids.

You need: A pump shotgun (loaded with buck), a side-saddle with 1/2 buck half rifled slugs. keep the rifled slugs inverted in the side saddle so you can tell the difference in the dark.

now:

1) Shuck the slide back, ejecting a buck round.
      2) Draw a slug round from the side saddle
      3) shuck the slide forward chambering the rifled slug
      4) Take the shot
      5) work the slide chambering another buck round.

Details can be found on the following training video:

http://www.abcf.net/tdc/videos.htm

if you dont wish to blow the 20 bucks on either video, pm me and we'll arrange you to get a burned copy.

2 cents for free on the interweb,
      Antifa

Comment

Originally posted by Antifa
        Gonna have to chime in and say both yes and no to you here.

IF (hold for the bold big (IF)) that thing is real... it sucks for home defense.... Too wide a pattern. too much superperfulous damage. if you use one in your home, please pm me. I'd love to spend a week rehanging, taping, and floating the drywall you got in 3 rooms. and painting. my rates are reasonable. I have tools. I will travel. 50% up front.

2nd... What if they have a hostage? like your kids? or your spouse/significant other/main sweety? You cant take a head shot on a hostage holder with that. You can with a convetional shotgun.

I'm no photoshop expert... but that thing looks fake. And if it is real... its not for home defense. Its for home invasion. Thanks... That thing gets used in somebody elses house

Antifa
        I am not sure if there is going to be that much spread difference in a home defense situation considering most of the shots you will take will be less then 7 yards. As with any shotgun you must choose carefully what type of shells you are going to use. In the case of this "thing" you really cannot see shooting slugs, and I am not sure if I would shoot 00 buck since you have a limited number of projectiles and as you pointed out it might have a wide pattern. I could however see, if you are not afraid to make a mess, someone useing T's or F's in this quite effetively.

Second the idea of taking hostages is a bit silly. What is more silly is the idea of making a head shot with a shotgun and a very complex reload. I would kill the hostage, or you as soon as you opened the breach on you shotgun.

MOST (that is an important word there) of the home invasions I have had the pleasure of dealing with follow this pattern (i have taken a total of 4)

1) You are a shit head; drug dealer/user, gang banger, or otherwise undesireable.

2) You owe one of the above people money.

3) They kick in your door hilarity insues.

Most home invasions end in a nice neat robbery and release. The few exceptions are the sex assults and the wacko's. Most home invaders want to get in get property/money and get out. Home invaders also dont resist when there is an imediate threat from the resident, and they can flee. Mainly because would you stick around if you heard an 870 rack one when you are in unfamiliar turf against someone who lives there.

I will however relate a story of a home invasion I worked.

There was a family who's daughter was dateing a gang banger. Opposeing gang members decide they are going to get even with him by rapeing, and possibly murdering her. Bad guys use a crow bar on the front door of the house waking the girl's father up. He gets the family into the master bedroom and locks the door. Bad guys go through the house and find that the family is sheltered in the master bedroom. Dad happens to have an old mossberg riot gun. Bad guys knock on the door requesting entry, which is denied by the sheltering family. Dad racks a shell and suggests that the bad guys leave. They kick in the door and are shot in the face and neck with 8's (ouch) bad guys go down, one dead from massive neck trauma, the other is blind and paralysed.

Again we can play the what if game all day if you would like. However for general home defense where you are not going to go from room to room clearing your house. A shot gun is the general best bet. Short of that I would go to a hand gun.

Comment

You need: A pump shotgun (loaded with buck), a side-saddle with 1/2 buck half rifled slugs. keep the rifled slugs inverted in the side saddle so you can tell the difference in the dark.

now:

4) Take the shot

if you dont wish to blow the 20 bucks on either video, pm me and we'll arrange you to get a burned copy.

Antifa
          Sweet Jeebus, Son. Its official - you really are a retard.

You think you can pull off a tricky reload scheme and make the L337 headshot to save your boyfriend... in a tactical situation? THe only way this is going to happen is if the camera goes slow-motion and white doves are flying ala John Woo.

Your boyfriend is going to get plugged by the robber while you juggle shells. Even if you do pop one off, your insane example makes it very likely that, in the adrenal state and a darkened house, you'll rack one of those buckshot shells and smear both of them.

I also have some issues with the use of rifled slugs for home defense, but we are already in fantasy land so whateva.

If you want to do humanity a favor you'll use that shotgun on yourself. I recommend 00 Buckshot.

Comment

You think you can pull off a tricky reload scheme and make the L337 headshot to save your boyfriend... in a tactical situation? THe only way this is going to happen is if the camera goes slow-motion and white doves are flying ala John Woo.

Your boyfriend is going to get plugged by the robber while you juggle shells. Even if you do pop one off, your insane example makes it very likely that, in the adrenal state and a darkened house, you'll rack one of those buckshot shells and smear both of them.

I also have some issues with the use of rifled slugs for home defense, but we are already in fantasy land so whateva.

If you want to do humanity a favor you'll use that shotgun on yourself. I recommend 00 Buckshot.
            This pleases me. I knew i could not be the only one who saw this plan as "faulty"

Comment

4) Take the shot

Now, I've never even fired a gun. But even I can see that going through this process is going to get you shot in the face.

Comment

Your home invasion/buckshot to the noggin story made me feel all warm and fuzzy too.

A buddy of mine got knocked out by a whiskey bottle to the brain when he tried to spin and his pump-action mossberg got stuck on the doorjam. Oops!

After that he sawed the barrel off to zombie-stomping length.

Comment

Your home invasion/buckshot to the noggin story made me feel all warm and fuzzy too.

A buddy of mine got knocked out by a whiskey bottle to the brain when he tried to spin and his pump-action mossberg got stuck on the doorjam. Oops!

The best part is it wasnt buck it was small bird shot. 8's which opened the dead guy's troat like a starfish on a disection table. The other fellow lost both of his eyes to the tiny bastards. It was a bad day for them.

PT

Comment

ooooooooh.

Sounds like it couldn't have happened to a nicer pair of mutherfuckers too.

I've seen a guy get peppered across a dove field. Not pretty, but not generally deadly. At point blank, however.... ouch.

Comment

You should have a look at the thread where everyone was calling me dumbass for saying a normal shotgun was long to use in a house and the Super Shorty is a better option, I prefer a M10 or M11 myself but Im old school like that. Im amazed at some replys people give here. I believe there are some very educated members on the forum but some have a ways to go in home defense and offensive shooting.

Comment

now:

4) Take the shot

Antifa

What youre describing is normal shotgun use, Im not suprised by some of the reactions here from your description, Its over some peoples heads.

What does concern me is your linking to the ABCF website, Are you a member of the group or something?

Comment

Originally posted by ar549
                          What youre describing is normal shotgun use, Im not suprised by some of the reactions here from your description, Its over some peoples heads.

What does concern me is your linking to the ABCF website, Are you a member of the group or something?

nope.... not now nor have I ever been in the ABCF. A couple of them are friends of mine. I do buy their video and kick down

Comment

wow.... your pathological hatred of all things me has actually managed to fuck with your reading comprehesion.

There is no shell juggling. The shells are on a sidesaddle... its 2 inches from the laoding port. you can tell the difference because they are reversed by type.

you also drill this excercise like you would any other tactcial action.

It's not that hard. I bet you could even learn to do it.

Comment

Originally posted by RunningDog
                              Now, I've never even fired a gun.

Then why are you here?

Originally posted by RunningDog
                              But even I can see that going through this process is going to get you shot in the face.
                              loading from a sidesaddle is not rocket science man. its a very easy drill. its easier than clearing most jams on an AR-15.

Comment

Then why are you here?

loading from a sidesaddle is not rocket science man. its a very easy drill. its easier than clearing most jams on an AR-15.
                                I stand corrected, didn't know what a side saddle was and will now STFU until I join a shooting club.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X