Bouncing Sucks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bouncing Sucks

So, I totally thought I'd die tonight in like a bar room stabbing or a shoot out or something. Or at least see enough action to make a Phil Elmore DVD. Thing about drunks, is that you just let them keep drinking. The drunker they get, the more aggressive they get. And the sloppier they get. And they sleepier they get. It seems to me that the primary skill of a bouncer is not START the fight.

Yeah pretty much.

Comment

Originally posted by The Villain View Post
      So, I totally thought I'd die tonight in like a bar room stabbing or a shoot out or something. Or at least see enough action to make a Phil Elmore DVD. Thing about drunks, is that you just let them keep drinking. The drunker they get, the more aggressive they get. And the sloppier they get. And they sleepier they get. It seems to me that the primary skill of a bouncer is not START the fight.
      It's a pretty easy job if you're not interested in starting fights haha.

Had some guy tweaking out of his mind challenge me to a fight when I was working the door (he wasn't getting in, he was really, really high. Like about to go super saiyan high.). I told him he was too scary, and I was a huge pussy. He left. The other bouncers all seemed to think I should have beat the tweaker up for stepping to me, but what's the point? You're getting paid by the hour!

Comment

Yeah, they don't allow me to hit people, so beating them isn't an option. Worst case scenario, I can grab them. Ironically, I'm more dangerous grabbing guys than hitting them, but still...

Comment

Comment

Damn.... I was thinking of getting into bouncing, at least for some extra cash. I'm already a security guard, but I'm not really allowed to go hands on. If I were, it would make my job "easier"... because of my social anxiety it's hard for me to initiate verbal interactions. If I could just be like "GTFO!" and kimura them out there... seems like I'd be less anxious. Or bouncing sucks, like you said.

Comment

Sometimes we're allowed to get hands on, but the main concept is that we're not supposed to.

Comment

Originally posted by The Villain View Post
                As a long time bouncer I take offense to some of the things in your post. For starters, bouncing does not suck, it is the greatest job in the world. I can think of no other profession that allows you to drink, kick ***, and check out hot chicks. And also, your statement 'the primary skill of a bouncer is not START the fight' is borderline insulting.

In this line of work not only must you fight, but sometimes, you have to start the fight. When you enter that gladiatorial arena that is the barroom, you set the tone. And sometimes that means picking some guy at the bar and sending him to the emergency room just so everyone else knows you mean business. Because by knocking one guy through a wall, you are setting an example that can save from doing it to ten others.

Comment

Damn, way to make it sound way more enticing.

Comment

Originally posted by chaosexmachina View Post
                    Damn.... I was thinking of getting into bouncing, at least for some extra cash. I'm already a security guard, but I'm not really allowed to go hands on. If I were, it would make my job "easier"... because of my social anxiety it's hard for me to initiate verbal interactions. If I could just be like "GTFO!" and kimura them out there... seems like I'd be less anxious. Or bouncing sucks, like you said.

Its a sales pitch. Just the same routine aimed at the same dickheadedness.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                    X