Sang's Competition Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sang's Competition Thread

Had 4 failed upload attempts trying to get this video in .flv format up so I decided i'll just link the youtube video since i don't get that problem there plus it is higher quality.

YouTube - AH V IM Fight 1

I'm the taller one in the black shorts. Rules were modified Muay Thai with knees to the head allowed, 3*2 minute rounds and 10 ounce gloves + no pads.

My second fight should be up in the next week and the third in a month's time.
    Last edited by Sang; 8/26/2009 5:40am, .

just post the url dude

Comment

Thanks, i'm a bit slow.

Comment

Those are the most absolutely METAL gym names I've ever seen in my life. Both of you.

Comment

Our gym logo is a viking kneeing another viking in the head and we often train with manowar playing in the background. Need i say more?

Comment

YouTube - EC vs IM Fight 2
            2nd fight, won via 1 point judges decision. 3*2 min modified Muay Thai with knees to the head allowed. The ref gets in the way of the camera in the third round where i kneed the other guy in the head twice, probably what stole the fight for me.

Took this fight 3 weeks after coming back from a 2 month holiday in China, felt gassed about 10 seconds into the first round. My third fight will be up sometime over the next week, my cardio was a lot better in that one.

Comment

So i don't forget myself:
              Fight 1 @ 72kg, opponent 0-0.
              FIght 2 @ 72kg, opponent 2-2.
              FIght 3 @ 73kg, opponent 1-0 MT, 1-0 boxing.

Comment

YouTube - CD Vs IM Fight 3
                Spoiler:
                warning!

Comment

Nice fights, you are an active fighter who goes for it, I like that.
                  First fight was good, the ref should have called it earlier.
                  Second fight, solid fight, I liked the knees
                  Third fight, you were to eager to brawl, the will to fight is good, but don't let it get the better of you.

In general:
                  - nice left round house, start to work the teep with the lead leg and set up strikes/kicks with it
                  - Try to keep your hands up and tight when you move forward/kick/punch you have a tendency to let them drop or open up too much and wail, you got clocked a few times for that
                  - when you mix it up , punches kicks, you dominate, again, don't let your hands drop!
                  Other than that, nice solid fighting, I am looking forward to see more!

Comment

Originally posted by M.C. View Post
                    Third fight, you were to eager to brawl, the will to fight is good, but don't let it get the better of you.
                    Yeah i learnt my lesson in that fight, getting angry when you also have a point advantage leads to technique going out the window. Fighting again on the 10th, my goal is to make it a technical fight. My training has been fucked this last month though, carrying 3-4 serious injuries. I'll be fight ready but i haven't been able to train hard.

Comment

Nice fight. I liked your hands when you got technical.

What an awful ref. Is he from boxing? That's the only way I can see to explain his anti-clinch paranoia.

Comment

Most likely, either straight boxing or kickboxing. It's hard to find qualified refs and judges for these low amateur shows.

I don't think i did enough to win that 3rd fight, thank god for the round one 8 count swaying the judges' minds. Overall it's good experience though, you can't fight like a pro without looking like shit as an amateur first.

Comment

Awesome fights sang.

+rep for the ruleset

Comment

Fight 4 - TKO win round 2 via straight knee in the clinch.
                            Opponent: 3-2 record, 16 years old.

Not sure i'll buy the dvd of the event.

Comment

That first video reminds me of two kangaroos going at it....:eusa_clap

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X