Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2013 MMA Fight

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    2013 MMA Fight



    I have another angle of the fight as well, as I am somewhat of a celebrity.

    Only recently started using a PC again, which meant that I could get access to a whole heap of shit on hard drives to upload to my YouTube account, hence the half decade since this was filmed.

    I'm better now than I was then in regards to jits and wrestling, but only slightly.

    This fight proved to me that I suck at striking and grappling. Even though I won.

    The guy I fought, Dale, went on to win a number of fights. He had also had several boxing and kickboxing fights under his belt.

    We fought at 84kg, but I weighed in at 80.4kg, while he weighed in at 84.4kg and had likely cut as well. There wasn't much info provided to me before the fight about him, so it was just like, "get in there and git her dun".

    My boxing coach only found out who I was fighting on the night and came up to me all non-chalant and said, "all good, mate, just do what we said and get in range to take him down", then after the fight was like, "yeah, I didn't want to say anything beforehand, but I trained with Dale at other gyms and he gives me a run for my money."

    I'd prepped for A Class rules, was ready to go A-class, when he requested C-class on the night. Essentially this meant that the "take down, mount, punch face until he gives back" strategy was unavailable. You can actually see me on several occasions go to punch him, then hold back, and in the third round I actually did and the ref scolded me for it.

    It's cringey how jittery I am.

    Anyway, enjoy.
    GET A RED BELT OR DIE TRYIN'.
    Originally posted by Devil
    I think Battlefields and I had a spirited discussion once about who was the biggest narcissist. We both wanted the title but at the end of the day I had to concede defeat. Can't win 'em all.
    Originally posted by BackFistMonkey
    I <3 Battlefields...

    #2
    80.4? I thought you were bigger than that.

    Comment


      #3
      Lol, I am now. But no, I was 80.4kg at my lowest in 2013.
      GET A RED BELT OR DIE TRYIN'.
      Originally posted by Devil
      I think Battlefields and I had a spirited discussion once about who was the biggest narcissist. We both wanted the title but at the end of the day I had to concede defeat. Can't win 'em all.
      Originally posted by BackFistMonkey
      I <3 Battlefields...

      Comment


        #4
        What the fuck is a kilogram?

        Comment


          #5
          Originally posted by Gumby View Post
          What the fuck is a kilogram?
          A unit of measurement that has been adopted by everyone in the world except for the USA.
          GET A RED BELT OR DIE TRYIN'.
          Originally posted by Devil
          I think Battlefields and I had a spirited discussion once about who was the biggest narcissist. We both wanted the title but at the end of the day I had to concede defeat. Can't win 'em all.
          Originally posted by BackFistMonkey
          I <3 Battlefields...

          Comment


            #6
            Originally posted by battlefields View Post
            A unit of measurement that has been adopted by everyone in the world except for the USA.
            I think it was around 1970 that we kids were told we were going on the metric system. Other than science and medical fields, at least half of the fasteners on any given vehicle is metric. Maybe not Harley Davidson but they'll get there.

            We're slow to give in to the rest of the world.

            Comment


              #7
              Originally posted by battlefields View Post
              A unit of measurement that has been adopted by everyone in the world except for the USA.
              Joe's right. American kids have been trained in the metric system for more than 40 years.

              I'm a fucking metric master compared to you.

              Wanna try me?
              Last edited by W. Rabbit; 8/15/2018 10:08pm, .

              Comment


                #8
                Originally posted by W. Rabbit View Post
                Joe's right. American kids have been trained in the metric system for more than 40 years.

                I'm a fucking metric master compared to you.

                Wanna try me?
                If you build a cube of pure water with a side of one decameter, at 0 meters on sea level, how many kilograms will it weight?

                PS welcome back.

                Comment


                  #9
                  Originally posted by MisterMR View Post
                  If you build a cube of pure water with a side of one decameter, at 0 meters on sea level, how many kilograms will it weight?

                  PS welcome back.
                  How many kilograms will it weigh? Now that's a telling sentence, right there...

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Well assuming it was a perfect cube with EXATLY 1 decameter dimensions in all directions, it would hold 1000000 liters of water.
                    Pure water weighs 1kg per liter. So 1000000kgs+ the weight of the container seems about right.

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Originally posted by BKR View Post
                      How many kilograms will it weigh? Now that's a telling sentence, right there...
                      I assume I made an error in that sentence but I don't see it.
                      ?

                      Originally posted by AcerTempest
                      Well assuming it was a perfect cube with EXATLY 1 decameter dimensions in all directions, it would hold 1000000 liters of water.
                      Pure water weighs 1kg per liter. So 1000000kgs+ the weight of the container seems about right.
                      Damn science!

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Originally posted by MisterMR View Post
                        I assume I made an error in that sentence but I don't see it.
                        ?



                        Damn science!
                        Mass vs weight...

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Originally posted by BKR View Post
                          Mass vs weight...
                          Eh, but I specified at sea level. I'm so smart.

                          I know that I am smart because I am so smart that if I was stupid I would realize it, you see.

                          Comment


                            #14
                            Originally posted by MisterMR View Post
                            Eh, but I specified at sea level. I'm so smart.

                            I know that I am smart because I am so smart that if I was stupid I would realize it, you see.
                            You didn't specify temperature.

                            https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.eng...ght-d_595.html
                            Last edited by hungryjoe; 8/16/2018 6:24pm, .

                            Comment


                              #15
                              Originally posted by Gumby View Post
                              What the fuck is a kilogram?
                              Kinda like a strip-o-gram but, you know...

                              Comment

                              Collapse

                              Edit this module to specify a template to display.

                              Working...
                              X