Coach Josh Artigue Judo for MMA/BJJ Seminar March 21, San Marcos, TX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Coach Josh Artigue Judo for MMA/BJJ Seminar March 21, San Marcos, TX

That's right folks, Bullshido's own Coach Josh Artigue is coming to Central Texas. March 21st he'll be at Solidarity MMA in San Marcos showing his adaptations of judo for MMA and grappling competition. This will show us ways for implementing effective takedowns from Judo to complement our BJJ and MMA training. This is just in time for us to add this too often overlooked aspect of grappling to our tool boxes before NAGA Dallas May 9th.

The Coach

Josh is very skilled instructor whose qualifications include being
    -The head Judo, Grappling and MMA Trainer at Gladiators Academy Lafayette
    -The Head coach of Ronin Dojo
    -Trained at the US Olympic Training Center
    -A Nidan Judoka
    -A Training partner of Tim Credeur
    -The coach of a TUF contestant

The Curriculum

The seminar will be two sessions and will cover both gi and no gi applications.

GI session 3 hours
    1. Grips
    2. Setups
    3. Little throws
    4. Big throws
    5. Combinations
    6. Transitions to ground

Break

No-gi 2 hours
    1. Entries
    2. Clinches
    3. Take downs
    4. Transitions to ground fighting

The Location

Solidarity MMA
    4660 Highway 123
    San Marcos, TX 78666

For come reason, Google Maps doesn't have this address. However, Mapquest does.

The Time

Saturday March 21st, 2009
    11 a.m.
    The Cost

$50.00 gets you both sessions

Come on, Texas Bullies, let's get together and welcome one of our own!

I'm in!

Comment

Woohaa! A gentleman will be joining us.

Comment

I'm 90% sure I'll be attending. Do you mind if Munacra or I post this info on the Austin Relson Gracie site? I'm sure that there are a few brawlers there that would be interested.

Comment

I'z going!

Comment

I don't mind at all. i will be crossposting this to TXMMA as well. I just wanted the Bullies to have the first heads up.

Comment

Ok Sorry for the confusion the time has been changed due to Saturday class schedule. Instead of 11 am it will be 1 pm, sorry about that.

Comment

Won't be able to go anymore. Messed up my elbows, pretty much can only buttscoot and play weak guard.

Comment

I will learn much from this seminar. I am really looking forward to it.

Comment

Sorry to hear about your elbows, man. Heal up quickly, bro. Munacra we need all the gentlemen we can get.

Comment

I am so glad to be going to do this seminar for you guys. It means a great deal to me that I was invited to do this from the people on this site.

I hope to see the Texas bullies out there.

Comment

Let us not forget something.

Where are we all going for dinner afterward?

Comment

There is a 50% chance I will be attending this awesomeness.

---------- Post added at 01:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:14 PM ----------

Correction, there is a 100% chance I'm going to this.

YEAAAAAAAA BOYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

I expect the full San Marcos treatment as well. (This is not code for "Get choked out and have Zapruder fondle my passed out body)
                          Last edited by MrBadGuy; 3/17/2009 12:46pm, .

Comment

[quote=MrBadGuy;2081351I expect the full San Marcos treatment as well. (This is not code for "Get choked out and have Zapruder fondle my passed out body)[/QUOTE]

Well...you will be missing out on the best experience you will never remember...

---------- Post added at 03:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:09 PM ----------

Originally posted by Munacra View Post
                            Let us not forget something.

Where are we all going for dinner afterward?
                            San Marcos isnt exactly a hotbed of fine dining, but we got some hella texmex

Comment

Originally posted by Zapruder View Post
                              Well...you will be missing out on the best experience you will never remember...

---------- Post added at 03:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:09 PM ----------

San Marcos isnt exactly a hotbed of fine dining, but we got some hella texmex
                              Austin's only a hop skip and a jump away and has plenty of fine dining.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X