Announcement

Collapse

FORUM MAINTENANCE

FORUM MAINTENANCE THIS EVENING!!! PLEASE BE AWARE THAT THE FORUMS WILL NOT BE AVAILABLE FOR A PERIOD OF TIME. JOIN US ON THE DISCORD, INSTEAD!
See more
See less

BJJ in Toronto, Ontario

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BJJ in Toronto, Ontario

I'm going to be moving in a month or so and I want to find a bjj school in Toronto (not Mississauga or Scarborough etc). I've been looking at Toronto BJJ and Shah Franco, but am not opposed to other schools. Toronto bjj recently seems to have lost one of their black belt instructors. Shah Franco seems to be a great school, but are much more expensive. Any guidance would really be great and appreciated.

Originally posted by TimToronto
    I'm going to be moving in a month or so and I want to find a bjj school in Toronto (not Mississauga or Scarborough etc). I've been looking at Toronto BJJ and Shah Franco, but am not opposed to other schools. Toronto bjj recently seems to have lost one of their black belt instructors. Shah Franco seems to be a great school, but are much more expensive. Any guidance would really be great and appreciated.
    Before Shuma Gorath (One of the moderators of DHS) went Native in Brazil, he trained at Shah's. It's a good school, and receives DHS' recommendation.
    "No. Listen to me because I know what I'm talking about here." -- Hannibal

Comment

What part of the city will you be living in?

Comment

try looking into
        Kombat Arts downtown (www.kombatfitnessgym.com)
        or White Tiger BJJ

its just the first 2 that pop into my head based on your info

Comment

I'll be living close to U of T, along bloor. So it is really close to Toronto BJJ, but I don't mind travelling a little.

Thanks for the responses so far.

Comment

Will you be a student at UofT? Shah has an affiliate club running out of the University taught by one of his brown belts.

Comment

Originally posted by Angry-Monkey
              Will you be a student at UofT? Shah has an affiliate club running out of the University taught by one of his brown belts.

would you be talking about Jesse?

Comment

Just go to the Brunswick house on weekends and start a fight.

Sheesh Kids nowdays!!!!

Comment

u do that soju
                  the head doorman there works with me at the edge and hard rock
                  he's one of the fighters listed on kombat arts downtown...

knock yourself out, literally...
                  he loves to fight, so u have been warned =P

Comment

No, Jesse recently opened up a club up at Yonge and Steeles. Pinky runs the university club.

Comment

Originally posted by Soju - Joe
                      Just go to the Brunswick house on weekends and start a fight.

Sheesh Kids nowdays!!!!
                      Ahhhh, the Brunny! I have some fond memories of the gutters around their place.....and a nice sidewalk face-tattoo to show for it. Man, I am getting old.

Comment

Originally posted by HANKtheTANK
                        u do that soju
                        the head doorman there works with me at the edge and hard rock
                        he's one of the fighters listed on kombat arts downtown...

knock yourself out, literally...
                        he loves to fight, so u have been warned =P
                        I have already put in my time at the Brunny and U of T

(Cheap shitty beer, boat races and rocking Irene....ah the memories)

Comment

Things have changed...
                          they got rid of the cafeteria style benches =(

Comment

Thanks for the imput. Does anyone know anything about the U of T club? I am going back to U of T for my teaching degree, so that would be cool. I just finally got a place which is located the opposite corner of Christie Pits from Toronto bjj, so I'm leaning towards going there.

Comment

I have trained at Toronto BJJ, both at their old location and at their new one. They are now a Chute Boxe school. I highly recommend them. They are a very tight knit family with a lot of great people.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X