• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Angry black belt

https://www.facebook.com/22113254797...1420225280860/

Just cycling tren. Is normal.

Comment

I find it sickening myself...

Who touches a white belt? Do you know the diseases those people carry? I hope for his sake he washed his hands when he was done....

Comment

https://www.bjjee.com/articles/chair...-disrespected/

So many asshole coaches out there, I've had two different coaches come at me at grappling tournaments before for stupid reasons. One was a simple question when I asked the ref how many coaches were allowed during the match as there were 3 different coaches in 3 different locations shouting over each other during a match. There's even a video of it somewhere on the internet.

*edit: I forgot to tell you the asshole part of it. When I asked the ref my question they started cussing at me then after the match they came over and got in my face.

Comment

BJJ will be in the Olympics soon, without a doubt...
          Falling for Judo since 1980

"You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

"The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

"Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

Comment

Originally posted by BKR View Post
            BJJ will be in the Olympics soon, without a doubt...
            I doubt it. Something like it may appear but not BJJ.

Comment

Originally posted by Omega Supreme View Post
              I think your right.

many new changes for 2020 games.
              https://www.flowrestling.org/article...lers-from-2020

I think it will be RIP to olympic wrestling by 2028

Comment

Something like it, hmmm...

"You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

"The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

"Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

Comment

Originally posted by lant3rn View Post
                  I think your right.

many new changes for 2020 games.
                  https://www.flowrestling.org/article...lers-from-2020

I think it will be RIP to olympic wrestling by 2028
                  Wrestling needs to make a big push to get more women involved in the sport.

And they must not be making enough money somehow, as the IOC is displeased with them.

Comment

Something like it, hmmm...
                    Hmmmm....what?

Comment

Hmmmm....what?
                      Well, considering that the IOC is only interested in making money, it won't be another pure grappling sport.

Judo already exists, and seems to have appeased the IOC for now.

Comment

Well, considering that the IOC is only interested in making money, it won't be another pure grappling sport.

Judo already exists, and seems to have appeased the IOC for now.
                        My coffee hasn't kicked in yet. I don't get your point.

Comment

BJJ is basically just judo .

Comment

I'm on my second cup, no problem.

I can't see the IOC adding any sort of other jacketed style of wrestling, or mix of striking/grappling, or even another grappling sport, anytime soon at least.

1.) MMA: Too bloody, human cockfight, not enough women. MMA is making money, but no real amateur system is in place.

2.) BJJ/GJJ: Not making enough money to attract the IOC attention. It's 99% private, for-profit sport. No real national or global governing bodies, despite all the people who think the IBJJF is such a thing (LOL!). Not enough women, plus, despite the Gracies trying to move towards a more family oriented, urban, millennial-friendly culture, they are nowhere near that yet. And then you have black belts throwing chairs at white belts at a tournament.

3.) Combat Sambo: I love this sport, but it's almost as brutal looking as MMA. No women to speak of, and they wear jackets (and cute shorts and shoes).

4.) They ARE adding Karate and have TKD, go figure. Huge fan base of kids who will grow up to watch and spend money. Plus, not really brutal or bloody with the rulesets they use in the Olympics.

They are going after wrestling, for dog's sake, and cut wrestling in 2013. One of the most popular sports on the planet. FILA must not be toeing the line with the IOC.

Judo (and the USOC) caved back when I was still competing and reffing all the time, and nearly got cut until Vizer took over the IJF and implemented the IOC business model.

Comment

Originally posted by Raycetpfl View Post
                              BJJ is basically just judo .
                              LOL, close enough anyway for the idjits at the IOC, anyway.

BJJ is even more boring than Judo as a spectator sport, unless you know what is going on. I mean, I prefer to watch highlights of Judo myself, usually.

Can you imagine the rule changes the IOC would impose on BJJ in order for it to get into the Olympics ?

Or the Brazilians EVER letting the IOC basically take control of BJJ (certainly not GJJ).

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X