Americana from the Side Guard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Americana from the Side Guard

I have a series of attacks from what I call the "Side Guard" This is one attack I get on a regular basis especially when I roll with someone new.

Some really excellent details shown in that video, thank you.

I use side guard all the time. Typically, I go for the sweep from there, but I'll have to try out the Americana using your technique next time.

Never grabbed the pinkie like that when I tried the Americana from side guard in the past. I can see how that significant that is from how twisted his arm is in the video.
    Shut the hell up and train.

Comment

A question, would you recommend climbing your legs and throw one lower leg across his shoulders/back in order to control his posture (and stop him from just scooping back) or is the one leg across the hip, as I think it is shown in the video, the better option here?

Comment

There is another technique I obtain from the side guard where having my right leg where it is positioned in the video is important to keep.

Comment

Originally posted by jnp View Post
          Some really excellent details shown in that video, thank you.

I use side guard all the time. Typically, I go for the sweep from there, but I'll have to try out the Americana using your technique next time.

Never grabbed the pinkie like that when I tried the Americana from side guard in the past. I can see how that significant that is from how twisted his arm is in the video.
          Thanks JNP

Comment

Very nice! The wrist action reminds me a lot of some Catch stuff I've seen.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
            X