Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Amateur Rules?

Hey guys I'm new to the forums.

I've been doing research on rules and regulations on MMA rules and requirements in Los Angeles, California.

Are there any restrictions when fighting in an amateur fight? For example, can you use fists and elbows on ground in an amateur fight if both fighters agree?

I'm doing research for a non-profit. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks guys.

new to research, too, apparently. google is your friend.

a simple search on the california state athletic commission website would tell you that amateur mma is illegal in california. i don't think they care what the fighters agree to. so no, no fists or elbows on the ground.

Comment

as an aside, hopefully the CSAC will get on that.

Comment

Californians do Pancrase/Pankration instead of MMA.

My wildly unresearched and uninformed understanding is that this restricts strikes to the face and/or head. I think there's a video floating in the cloud where a guy explains the rules in an excellent, easy-to-understand way with demos. It was posted here.

Comment

Doing some more research here.

CSAC were supposed to make it legal this year. I read they are forming a "board" to review it. However, i guess they think it is a non-issue, due to current California budgeting problems.

I don't understand why this is still illegal in California.

Comment

the CSAC has been in a state of transition since Armando Garcia resigned last year. Doesn't surprise me they haven't gotten around to it yet.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
            X